~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], I hear you about the rain in the fall. November and March are my least favorite months of the year. 40°f and rain cause me to get seriously depressed, and I can never seem to get warm. I get so excited after the first snowfall when the landscape changes from grays and browns to a magical winter wonderland. Yes, I may be crazy but I'll take snow over rain any day.

Yes [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it does feel good to have all of the canning done, and our shelves are stocked with all kinds of goodies. I'm thinking about putting up more applesauce though, as the last batch was so yummy. This is peak apple season around here so I might as well take advantage of it.

Rava, glad to hear that your life is starting to feel more normal. Sometimes it takes an event like you went through to make us more appreciative of the things in our lives.

Committed to another 24 hours...

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed up for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We've been having a beautiful fall as well. Think there have only been 2 nights that actually dipped below freezing. The longer this weather holds on, the shorter winter will be.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good day cafe friends and travelers. Working out of our hotel room. The entire suburb of London we are in plays homage to rugby. Interesting place. Although the environment is riddled with pubs, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Our weather has been unseasonably cool this week. But so far we still get a nice warm temperature by late afternoon. The sun feels so good and the light this time of year is just so special. But the morning walk with the dogs is getting uncomfortable.

I'll accept another 24 hours of freedom, gratefully.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, all that canning must make you feel quite accomplished! I want to make some apple butter in my instapot this week. Hope everyone has a great day. Techie, London, you are everywhere!! Waves to everyone today! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Beautiful fall day on tap, so it's a good day not to drink!

Comment

Got up early today as the gym just reopened after the hurricane. Trying to get back to normal as best as I can. Its very strange here to have so much devastation. Many traffic lights are not working. There are boats along side the road. Our local state park beach is going to be closed for over a year. We are encouraged not to get in the water due to all the storm surge debris. Its like living in a completely different place than last week. I’m working on making the best of it until things start to turn around. Drinking will not help the situation. I still remember my last episode when I thought I could drink like a rockstar, fell into the wall and got a huge bruise to remind me of my stupidity. That was over 3 months ago and is not something I want to repeat. I hope those that are having cooler temps are enjoying it. Pauly, hope you are ok. I think about you and hope you check in. Hi to everyone. Another 24 please!!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Quick fly by. I'll take another day!

Comment

I miss Pauly too, Rava. It must be strange how the landscape has changed as a result of that hurricane. The clean up will take some time. I saw something on the news about a bridge to one of the islands being rebuilt in 3 days' time! That must've been a feat!

We haven't had rain here for several weeks. I miss it.

Techie, I think drinking is a big part of the UK culture. Even in these James Herriot memoirs he includes a lot of stories that involve drinking and often to excess. A lot of times he would start out drinking just to be sociable but would then have a hard time getting his host to stop pouring him more and more until he would be quite drunk. There wasn't any shame associated with it tho. It was just what people did! Pubs are a big part of town life. It would be a big challenge for me I'm sure.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                          I miss Pauly too, Rava. It must be strange how the landscape has changed as a result of that hurricane. The clean up will take some time. I saw something on the news about a bridge to one of the islands being rebuilt in 3 days' time! That must've been a feat!
                          Yup. Even for Prince Edward Island (Fiona) they were showing a sattelite map of the before and after and how different the coastline looked with all the hurricane caused erosion (even some popular landmarks displaced).

Comment

I accept another twenty four. Blessings x
                            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

The colors are just beginning to change around here and it's really starting to look like fall.

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X