No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, I think you are right on with your comments about the current political environment and with being sick of the covid thing. I quit using facebook years ago because I couldn't stand going on there to see what family and friends were up to but being hit with political diatribe instead. Not always, but randomly and enough to cause me to just ditch the whole thing. And the rules about covid seem kind of arbitrary at times and it just gets on my nerves! I think when all this is over we are going to see a lot of things we used to do ended or changed whether we like it or not. Take money for example. Lots of places quit taking cash. We are heading toward a cashless society which I suppose is convenient, but it is also scary, IMO. We are in a time of momentous change.

Nothing to drink over though! 24 more please.
      Last edited by dill; August 20, 2020, 06:46 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Count me in on the wanting to pull the plug on political/covid news! Doesn't even matter what side you're in its annoying, Rava, I wonder why the 5 item limit? What the one extra gonna do? Most places here won't let you even try on one so at least you got to try on something, beware of online shopping, I bought a beautiful dress and when it came it was so long! I put it on hubs who's 6"1 and it fit him perfectly, I had to cut about 6 inches off the length and try to hem it(I'm a terrible sewer) Dill, yep I almost feel terrified holding out cash to some clerks, I usually only like to keep a small amount in my account cuz if there's more I use Amazon more but lately I've been having to keep more money in there than usual cuz like you said some places just act like cash is diseased. Got into an argument with one of my daughters yesterday, over not much just the thing we talked about the other day: resentment, I should have just watched my tongue but no I yelled at her in the shop, I feel terrible and I really need to get a grip on feeling what I'm feeling and fricken just letting stuff go! 5:41 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Praying for another 24! I'm like everyone else. Over all the politics and covid.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I saw on the news here that clothing that is tried on but not bought is kept separate from other clothes for 48 hours as a Covid precaution. I wonder if that was your store’s rationale.

What’s the difference between a political race and a horse race? In a horse race the entire animal runs!

Somebody came to our door the other day and asked if I’d donate $5 to bury a politician. I gave him $20 and told him to bury 4.

Enough politics and F Covid!

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe and get rid of as much stress as you can!!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; August 20, 2020, 09:34 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday! Sounds like we are all in the same boat as most are. With a rational mind I think how can drinking make this better. It Doesn’t! No excuse to drink. I would only wake up feeling like crap and all the negativity will still be circling around. Going to get ready for the grandkid onslaught. Lots of running and chaos for the next few days. Pauly, I get it about your daughter. I raised 4 so I know how they can push your buttons and then you regret stuff. Girls are hard to raise!! Full of rage and hormones.

Comment

Pauly....I'm still laughing at the image of your husband wearing your dress! :hahaha:

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't watch the news on tv, but I do read it on the apps on my phone. That way I can skip over everything about politics and covid lol.

Bubba and Hank came last night as she works today and Monday here in Vermilion. Going to have them home for 5 sleeps, yay!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                      Pauly....I'm still laughing at the image of your husband wearing your dress! :hahaha:

24 more please and thank you!
                      Haha! It was only for a minute just so I could see how actually long that thing was cuz when I tried it on it was hanging on the floor all drapey Ready for fall finally,I know we have a bit to go but this summer started early cuz I remember wearing shorts in April and usually I don't pull them out til the end of May,now all these 112-115 with no rain has just gotten mundane, Cowboy,one news station said our numbers were going down then when I watched the other news channel it said cases were up and more deaths so yeah it's pretty pointless to even watch it,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF Friday,I won't be drinking today!
                      Last edited by paulywogg; August 21, 2020, 07:47 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s sad to see our daylight hours getting shorter and shorter. It seems to take so long to get to June when the sun rises at 5:15 and sets at 11pm and now sunrise is 6:30, sunset at 8:45. I think it bothers me because I know winter is coming. Usually our winter escape is booked by now. Not this year.

It’s our farmers market today. Nice to get fresh, local produce and support small, local businesses.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I feel ya. We still don't know if we will be able (or even feel like for that matter) to go south the end of Oct. Depends on the numbers and restrictions. Nothing to drink over tho! I'll take another 24!

Comment

Late check in for me. 24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Headed off to the farmers market this morning. One thing that we don't need is tomatoes....we are up to our ears in them!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X