~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, enjoy those gkids and safe travels back to GO.

QW, I manage a website for a local pet rescue. I think learning new technologies keeps us young (or frustrated) 😉 Have fun today!

Two more days until my next eye surgery. This has been one of the hardest things I've been through in a long time. Looking forward to this being behind me and seeing again!

Asking for another 24!

Comment

Good for you Ginger, managing the website for a pet rescue. Rescue is my favourite breed of dog! Jessie is our second rescue and she’s a fabulous companion. She had kind of a rough start in life but she’s thriving now.

Look forward to hearing your second eye surgery went well! I hope it’s a case of short term pain for long term gain!!

The photo editing program I’m learning is called GIMP which stands for GNU image manipulation program. And it’s yet one more thing smarter than I am. Hopefully that’ll soon change. As for keeping me young.......... I’ll let you know how that goes.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:34 in yyc. Beautiful day today.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Late check in here! I got a call from a friend who was stranded at a farmer's market. She had accidentally locked herself out of her car and needed someone to drive to her home, get her second set of keys and then come give them to her at the farmer's market. It was quite a lot of driving but I didn't mind a bit. She was so sheepish that she bought me a fresh baked blackberry pie at the market for rescuing her! Can't beat that!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good luck on your second eye surgery Ginger! Once the vision in both eyes are the same, it's smooth sailing. I had cataract surgery several years ago, and have never looked back. You won't regret it!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning ! Good luck Ginger with your 2nd eye surgery. Dill a blackberry pie was worth your trouble not to mention just being able to help your friend in a time of need. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, it looks like the house in Vermilion is sold. We’ll sign the official Offer to Purchase today with possession date of October 1. We’re going to get as much moved over to Vegreville as we can before harvest starts, and then finish up before Oct 1 even if it means I have to take a couple of days off during harvest. Adam is coming in today to help me load up a bunch of old things that have to go to the landfill, then we’ll load the cargo trailer with the furniture from the downstairs bedrooms and I can take that over to Veg with me on Friday. I should have a few more days next week to move more, the main move will happen once we “buy” the house in Veg. There’s lots of things I thought I’d do to the house in Veg once it goes into our names, but have since changed my mind as I don’t want to spend anymore money than I have to. About the only thing I have to do is make the shower in the ensuite bigger, and I’ve recently brought my tiling skills back up to speed lol. All I really need is a roof over my head and have Bubba and Hank with me.

It’s been a very trying past year for me, but I really didn’t think about drinking. The few times that I did, it only took a moment of reflection to realize that I’d only be drinking “at” things, and it wouldn’t help anyway. Drinking “at” the situation would have made the situation much worse. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve repeated the Serenity Prayer to myself in the past year, but it’s been numerous times! As they say; let go and let God…

It's great when we can help out friends and neighbour's eh [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], makes a person feel good!

Good luck with the surgery [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 26, 2020, 06:56 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's been quite a year for you Cowboy. It's good you kept your head on straight and turned to prayer in times of need. You're going to be extra busy for the next couple of months!

Ginger, you're almost on the down hill. Hang in there, you've got this!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, what a sweet reward for your kindness. Good all around!

ABC, I'm so happy that things are starting to settle down for you. Your comment about just needing a roof over your head, Bubba and Hank is such a true statement! It's not the "house" that makes our home. Happy for you all.

Thank you all for the well wishes and personal insights with this surgery. One more day!!

24 more, please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, any pie left? Just wondering. You were good to do all that driving and rescue a friend in need.

Cowboy, you’ve done a great job staying af during what must have been a stressful time. Three of the biggest stressors in life are new job, new house and change to family situation. Keep expecting the beast to show up at some point and stay vigilant.

We had a rare thunderstorm last evening. One particularly loud clap of thunder made me jump, Jessie didn’t even lift her head. We did get some much needed rain with this storm.

I hope our coastal friends in the southern US are safe from the hurricanes. Matt, thinking about you buddy.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; August 26, 2020, 11:00 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

I just corrected the second predictive text error in my post.

It reminded me that the person who invented predictive text recently died. On their headstone it reads “Restaurant in Piece”

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 11:44 in yyc.

That was funny QW, lol.

Cowboy, you have been through a lot, not to mention there is a pandemic going on during this whole ordeal. You are doing great though and have a good mind set.

Have a good one everybody..I can't stop thinking about Pie now
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

24 more please....

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X