~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] I saw your posts on Facebook about the fires....so scary! Stay safe!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

QW, that's great news about getting to be able to do that volunteer job! Good for you. Our hospital auxiliary went back to "work" 2 weeks ago but I did not join them. I would if it were just me but Mr. D still has misgivings about being out and about and I don't feel I can take the risk of exposing him. So far as I know nobody has come down with covid since returning to their duties tho.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Belated Anniversary Cowboy! Hope you had a nice one. Ginger wildfires are so scary. Hope the firefighters are able to get it contained soon!! Wishing everyone a great Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope your son stays safe [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! My hat's off to the volunteers who help our first responders, they provide much needed support!

Thought maybe I could get some packing done over this break in harvest, but a small job that I have is ready to go so that will tie me up for today and tomorrow. Probably back on the combine Saturday and Sunday and that will finish up the peas, then another few days wait until the wheat is ready so that's when I hope to get everything all moved over. It'll be nice but sort of sad when the Vermilion house is empty...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ginger, I'm sorry about the fires, hope your son keeps safe! I hadn't heard anything about fires up there only CA cuz as usual the news only picks certain things to cover, 5:47 am in Vegas another 24 and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My interview yesterday went well and now I’m just waiting to get matched with a recent entrepreneur. Everything is being done virtually so I may end up working with a business owner from the other side of the country. I’m very much looking forward to this. It’s a commitment of only 2-4 hours a month so that won’t interfere with other volunteer activities.

Dill, I think you’re wise not to go back to your volunteer duties as Covid keeps showing up when and where you don’t think it will be. It’s better to err on the side of caution. I too worry about bringing the infection home to Mrs QW so I am as cautious as I can be.

Our Parkinson’s group is meeting today, outdoors at a local park. We’ll be wearing masks and practicing social distancing.

Cowboy, I was going to ask what you’re doing in your spare time, but.........

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. As of last night, the fire had burned 30,000 acres, 0% contained. The smoke is thick in the air. Central Washington is considered desert with only an average rainfall of 7-9 inches. Consequently, the perfect environment for wildfires. Only outbuildings have burned so far and all the people and their animals that were required to evacuate are safe. Yep, sadly happens every year in these parts.

Was reading a fun little book before bed by Judy Leigh and this passage popped out at me. "the yo-yo of life may go up and down, but isn’t it my own fingers that control the string?" Loved it!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

What a great quote Ginger!

Happy Friday cafe!

24 more please!

Comment

Happy Friday! Ginger that quote was spot on! Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

67F at 7:30am
                          24 more please

Comment

Loved the quote, Ginger. Thanks.

Finally some nice cool sleeping weather!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW, that's an awesome thing you're doing! I meant to comment on it yesterday but got sidetracked,hope the meeting in the park is nice, Ginger, this sounds dumb but the last time I sparked up my little grill I was watching the flames just thinking how powerful fire is, it's just a tiny little thing and I could feel the heat and just looking at it was thinking about how fast it can get outta control and I can't even imagine that many acres being on fire, wishing everyone a happy AF Friday, I won't be drinking today!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I had no idea your part of the PNW was so dry. I hope the fire is soon contained and that everyone is safe.

Our Parkinson support group meeting went well yesterday. The turnout was small but it was great see everyone after 5 months of not meeting. The weather was perfect too. Wednesday was cool with high winds, yesterday, sunshine and 22C.

Have a great af Friday everyone and a safe Labour Day weekend. Retired 10 years and I still get excited by a long weekend!!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X