~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW, glad your meeting went well. I bet it was so nice to be able to gather again.

52,000 acres burned 10% contained as of last night. Keep everyone in your thoughts that are fighting the fire and those in its erratic path. Our view this morning.

Asking for another 24, please.

Comment

I can almost taste the smoke Ginger. Are you likely to have to evacuate?

Stay safe!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

No evac for us. We are miles away from the fire and surrounded by irrigated land. I feel terrible for those that have to. There are lots of farms in the path. People are looking for pasture for hundreds of cows. The county opened our fair grounds for animals but that's not large enough to help all the dislocated critters. 😢

Comment

On Ginger...those poor people and animals! So sad....

24 more please!

Comment

Wow Ginger, what a mess for those poor people and animals. I hope the firefighters can get it under control soon! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

55F! Cool night
                I'm choking on that smoke Ginger. Wishing the best for all, and the animals too.
                24 more please

Comment

That's a lot of smoke [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Hard to breathe with that in the air, but maybe it'll have more people wearing face masks now...

Off to Veg this morning with a truckload of furniture and boxes. Couldn't load the trailer with big furniture as Adam and Darcie went to their lake lot for the last long weekend of summer and to bring their 5th wheel home for the winter. It's amazing how many boxes you fill when moving lol. Peas still aren't quite ready yet, might get a couple more days of moving in. A slow process when you do it one truckload at a time then the traveling time back and forth.

It was back to school time for the kids this past week in out area. Youngest daughter posted this in our family group chat and I got a chuckle out of it lol.

Last edited by abcowboy; September 5, 2020, 07:52 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow Ginger! So awful. Thanks for providing the info and picture. I don't think I heard anything about it on the so called "news" this week.

Loved the humor, Cowboy. It's always good to find something to make us smile. Thanks!

5 days without rain in the forecast. Time to make hay!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:49 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the laugh Cowboy, I suspect that will happen a lot. Wish I had a Star Wars mask! I bought masks with the logo of our favourite hockey team to give to our kids and grandkids. Wonder if the grandkids will trade theirs?

There’s been a few recent signs of cognizant deterioration, another sign Mrs QW’s Parkinson’s is progressing. At least it’s a slow progression but still so hard to watch. The physical limitations are bad enough but seeing her memory slip, even though I’ve been expecting it, is particularly hard. The coordinator of our support group noticed the changes at our meeting Thursday and sent me some resource material to review.

I’ve been suggesting for a couple of years that we sell Mrs QW’s car but she’s resisted until now. Yesterday she said we should sell it since she hardly drives any more. In the last 6 months I bet her car hasn’t gone 50kms, 30 miles. She’s only driven on days when the symptoms and side effects of the meds have been minor and those days are getting fewer and fewer. I can take her anywhere she needs to go and if for some reason I can’t, she has friends who can.
                        Today I’ll get her car shined up and ready to advertise.

Hope everyone enjoys their Labour Day weekend, stay safe, stay away from the covidiots!

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; September 5, 2020, 08:55 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

70,000+ acres 10% contained. It's called the Evans Canyon Fire. On national news they mentioned it burning east of Olympia. Had to laugh out load. We are about 150 miles from Olympia and there's the Cascade Mountain Range between us. Dill, it's the "news"! Ugh

ABC, don't forget to take a break now and again. Moving is a lot of work!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

61F another cool morning. A bit froggy.
                            I guess I'm east of Olympia, no smoke here though.
                            Sorry about Mrs QW. That's tough. Selling her car is certainly a turning point, much like older folk turning over the keys.
                            Plodding along here.
                            24 more please

Comment

I’m Too early for breakfast this morning Cowboy. QW watching your spouse decline is torture. Just as hard on you than Mrs. QW. She is lucky to have you to care for her. Ginger 70,000 acres. WOW thats huge. I may look this up today. Storms moving in late today. So this morning I will run around and get my to do list done. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X