~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I get it Cowboy, resentment is a hard one to let go for me too sometimes, as long as I don't dwell I'm ok but if I start dwelling on the unfairness of something I go bananas haha! Dill, that sound good too, guess I just love zucchini, we use it for pasta and I actually like it better, maybe cuz it's slightly crunchy with the chunky sauce I make I dunno but it's yummo, Ginger, imagine those poor people with the fires having to evacuate right now with covid out there, that would be awful! CA on fire again but it seems like they always get a big one in the summer, good thing there nothing much in Vegas to burn, seen death valley was 130 the other day! 5:48 am in Vegas I'm not drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another hot day here. Yesterday we hit 37.4C, 99F, thankful for our AC! Pauly, I don’t know how you survive in your climate driving a vehicle with no AC. When the temperature here hits 14C, 57F, I run the AC in my Jeep.

I took some flower photos the other day, uploaded them to my desktop computer yesterday and planned to email a few pics to my neighbours. Imagine my surprise when I found I need to buy a program costing $79 in order to email them. Nope. Instead I invited the neighbours to watch a slideshow.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone and stay safe!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; August 18, 2020, 08:10 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another hot one here too! I'll take another 24, please.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Looks like I'm the early bird today and get to open up lol... Coffee's on y'all!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hear you Cowboy, on those 'resentments'. I'd feel the same way in your place and would have to be working very hard on letting them go. But it definitely does you no good to hold on to them. I have been feeling resentful lately about a few things, but not anything worth discussing here. But your reminder that it is my decision to hold on to them or let them go was very helpful. That's what I love about the cafe!

Zoodles. Hmm. Thanks to you Pauly I finally looked it up. Did you know that they can be frozen?!! New use for my bumper crop!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 more please

Comment

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

QW, $79 just to email them is ridiculous! Glad your friend could just come over for free and see them, I dunno how I survive with no air but we do joke that I'm part lizard cuz I tolerate the heat pretty good Dill, hubs bought one of those spiralizing thingies a few years ago so I pull it out when it's spaghetti night, so easy and really the only thing I use it for, 5:51 am in Vegas another 24!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And it’s going to be hot again. Good day to stay inside, read a book and watch hockey.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I love zoodles too. I just have one of those cheap "as seen on tv" hand held things. Does the job and takes up minimal space.

Another scorcher here today! I'll take another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Late check in this morning. We are having terrible storms and rain but we need it so no complaints. I spent last night going thru my social media and snoozing all friends that have ANYTHING political to say. I am SICK of it and covid. Not going to use it as an excuse to drink but I’m tired over everything at this point. Maybe retirement is the reason for some of this. I see my former coworkers posts and I cant even relate anymore. Its like being pushed into a corner that is filled with negativity. I’m going to sew today to try to clear my head. Thanks for listening. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, sadly the political crap is going to be with us for a while yet. We have a situation with our federal government in Ottawa that is driving us crazy plus we get coverage of pretty much everything going on in the US.
                            Combine that with everything surrounding Covid and it’s a lot to deal with.
                            I’m glad you’re sewing today, I’m spending quality time with my dog and camera plus catching some hockey.
                            Best of all, we’re not drinking!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Rava and QW....count me in as one who is thoroughly sick of the political backstabbing, as well as Covid worries. It's all very stressful!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. The sun is out today and hopefully it will be a better day. Yesterday I actually went to a store and tried some clothes on. First of all I waited in line to get in the store, which is fine. (Only 10 people allowed in the store at one time) When I went to try on my 2nd batch of clothes I was told that each person can only try on 5 items per day and if I wanted to try on anything extra I would have to come back another day. WTF? I wonder who is making up these ridiculous rules. Some stores won’t let you try anything on so I guess I should not complain. It seems like ordering online is the best way to go. I wonder when this is all over if that becomes a new way to shop. No wonder people are fed up. This weekend I have my grandkids coming so that will be something to look forward to. Sorry for being such a whiner. I’m trying real hard to go with the flow. I will NOT drink today. Hope everyone has a good and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X