Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

vingt-quatre
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for the story suggestion QW. I'm always looking for things like that! I'll definitely check it out.

I carry my iPod with me everywhere. I listen while I walk and while I do house chores. I love music but I tend to like to listen more to stories and podcasts for some reason.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 5, 2020, 07:44 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I used to listen to music all the time, but very seldom do anymore. Since I've quit drinking I've changed so many of my old habits, some good, some bad, but changed them none the less to keep my sobriety intact. One would think that after 5 and 3/4 years I wouldn't be so concerned but I've found that I enjoy the quiet now, alone with just my thoughts...

And just when I thought this year couldn't get any worse, it did! An idler pulley on the a/c belt in my truck pulled out of the timing chain cover leaving a big gaping hole that oil splashes out of when the truck is running. I cut the belt to get it out of the way and used chimney pipe tape to cover the hole, but it's a temporary fix till the paperwork is done on a new truck. Yep, went in to the local Ford dealer yesterday and did some pricing and got estimates on new trucks, brought it home for Bubba and I to discuss. I'll call back this morning to have them get the paperwork and truck ready for me to pick up on Tuesday. That will give me time to clean out this truck and get the cap off ready to go back on the new truck. I guess I needed a 60K incentive to stay working lol.
          Last edited by abcowboy; November 5, 2020, 08:10 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more please

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bummer about the truck, ABC. If anyone needs a dependable work vehicle it's you! We have a F150 V-6 Ecoboost. It's towed our 10,000 lbs 5th wheel all over the US, plus gets good mileage. Rides like a caddie to boot!

QW, I found your show suggestion in podcasts and hope to find time to listen soon.

Today's a school day. 24 more!

Comment

Sorry about your truck cowboy....just what you needed right now. :egad:

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Late check in for me today. OUCH Cowboy. That is not what you need right now. Hope everyone has a great AF day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sorry about your truck Cowboy but I like your attitude. Debt can be a good motivator!

Just watched a video of some hunters who were about to get out of their truck when they spotted a mama grizzly with three cubs. They walked past the truck but then mama returned and stood up in front of the truck, roared, and then left. Talk about a Pampers moment! Good thing they weren’t already outside. Stay safe Cowboy when you and Adam are out.

Our Parkinson support group meets this afternoon for the first time since we learned of our friend’s passing. Mrs QW is staying home as she doesn’t feel safe being in public.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A lot more 24!!!
                        Last edited by techie; November 5, 2020, 11:44 AM.
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hope you get your truck sorted out, ABC. Life is more challenging this year, but it make us even stronger!

Comment

I sure hope that 2021 is a better year than this one, but at least I don't drink! Grateful for that!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

24 more for each and everyone here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“You will climb many mountains, and it will take many moments for that moment to come, but just like that it occurs. It clicks. It takes hold. And once it does, nothing on this side of Hell can take it from you, but you. In just one moment, everything can change. Including you.”
                                – Unknown

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; November 6, 2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X