~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. The sun is out but its cold. Found a volunteer job to try out tomorrow at a mobile food pantry. Hope it goes well. The fact that I need direction in retirement is actually a good thing. I want to keep depression at bay by staying active as I can during a pandemic. For me boredom and lack of purpose equals drinking. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Better late than never eh [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! We're glad to have you join us! I start every morning with my coffee and a commitment to spending the next 24 hours sober. It would be so easy to fall back into old, bad habits, and often times when I'm feeling a bit vulnerable I'll open up MWO and come to this thread to remind myself of the commitment I made and to see all of you who made that same choice...

I saw that on youtube [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], and find it inspiring as well. Something as simple as making our bed, or coming here each morning, adds structure to my day to day living! And I'm with [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] on that one, I need some structure and daily schedule to my life so as not to get bored and let my thoughts wander...

Great to hear you found a volunteer position [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and I'm sure you'll find something as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes Techie, this thread is a life saver. And it has kept me afloat and in the game.

Rava, good for you recognizing your need for activity and purpose. It is the same for me. Online volunteer opportunities are something that don't really appeal to me because I also need that touch of social interaction the volunteering gave me.

I've been really struggling lately and yesterday I caved, in spite of checking in. Boredom, isolation, lack of purpose are really getting to me. With Mr. D insisting I remain away from my previous volunteer work because he worries about me contracting the virus and bringing it home to him. We are still not even going into stores to shop but are picking up curbside. I haven't seen the grandkids in forever. My social opportunities are extremely limited. Anyway, I know none of it was helped by drinking. I have to find some way to cope that's healthier.

24 more please and thank you and I really mean it!!!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh, Dill, reading your post broke my heart. These times are so hard on everyone. I'm so sorry. Hang in there and stay close.

Our state rolls back to phase 1 starting Wednesday. So glad we are home. 24 more.....

Comment

6:07 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, boredom, isolation, this virus, politics, but most importantly, not hugging the grandkids, is affecting a lot of people. And as we know, the beast is always lurking, waiting for an opportunity to get back in our lives. I must admit I briefly thought of how nice a glass of my favourite merlot would go with the roast beef I cooked for supper yesterday. But I know two things - it wouldn’t have been nice and certainly not just one glass! Stay strong, your Cafe friends are here for you.

Rava, look forward to hearing about how your volunteer experience went and what duties are involved.

We had a Skype visit with our Calgary kids last evening. It looks like this will be how we visit for the next while. Our son was in contact with someone who tested positive for Covid over the weekend so he’s in quarantine for the next 14 days. In the next 2 months, there are 4 birthdays at their house plus Xmas and we likely won’t be able to get together for any of the celebrations.

Off to a clinic in the city this morning for another treatment for my arthritic hips. It’s looking like replacement surgery is in my future but I’m hoping the treatments I’m having this week and next will allow surgery to be postponed. I don’t want to go anywhere near a hospital right now because of rapidly increasing Covid numbers.

Thanks for brekkie yesterday Cowboy!

Stay safe, stay strong and have a great af Monday!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another XXIV
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for the video Mr. V! Very inspirational!

Sorry that you caved [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. This is a tough time for everyone, but booze will only make it worse.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Sorry Dill about your beast winning yesterday. You came back tho because you know you don’t want your old life back. I hate when I give in. It started happening here and there and once in a while and I knew I had to get a grip on it. Make a plan for today and then act on it. I put out a question on line about volunteer jobs in my community and I got over 100 responses from community members. From that is where I started looking for what I thought might interest me. This volunteer job is outside with masks on and they take your temperature. I feel very safe in that environment. So we shall see. I leave in 1 hour. I hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

41F partly sunny.
                        Dill, You're here, that's what's important. Now, go make your bed.
                        Rava, Helping others is one of the best ways to help one's self.
                        Hope you're not in too much pain, QW.
                        I think everyone is stressed, so much unknown in our lives, keeps everyone on edge. It's not a good way to live.
                        In other news, I bought a car yesterday, Thankfully it was painless, except for the payments, lol. No bullshit, which was good. I went in expecting a fight, but we agreed on a price first go round.
                        I don't like car payments, haven't had one in over 15 years, hopefully I can get this out of the way in a year or so, should have save more, lol.
                        24 more please

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

As recovering alcoholics, we can all understand that slips happen, but not quite understand why we cave and reach for the bottle when we know better. It happens, and we can only start over and try harder. I don't know what would happen to me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] if I were in your shoes, probably the same thing. I don't have grandkids to miss and I get to see Adam and Darcie on a weekly basis. The girls are too far away to visit regularly but we Zoom most every Sunday evening. I'm not stuck in the house, still get out to work everyday and have social interaction with others on a daily basis. I'm not sure I could get through if that all came to a stop. But one thing is always in the back of my mind, just one drink would start me back on the road to the pit I crawled out of, and I never want to be there again. Chin up, look forward to a new day, lean on us when you need to, and as [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] said, make your bed...

Nice to see you got the car shopping done [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I hate having payments as well, but I also like using Ford's money with the 0% financing lol.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this new position [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm not sure what kind of volunteer position would suite me, I'd have to think about it for awhile I suspect.

I've been told by my Doc that I'll need a hip replacement as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but I'm going to hold out as long as I can with the original version lol. If I spend all day on a concrete floor, I spend the next couple of days in pain, not unbearable, but enough to tell me that something isn't quite right.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I hope your first day at your volunteer position goes well. Look forward to learning more.

My treatment went well yesterday. The radiologist said if the shots work that I can gradually resume short walks with my 4 legged buddy. Cowboy, I too want to put off replacement surgery as long as possible.

Skype visits are not as good as an in person visit but the best we can do with Covid. In our Skype visit with my son and grandkids Sunday, I was given a 20 day timeout by my 5 year old granddaughter for using the word “stupid”. Today is day 2. Wish me luck!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone, stay safe & strong.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X