One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Ended up with two rib eyes and two T-bones for $30 not bad Nora,I know you don't eat meat so it's probably not exciting to you haha,was supposed to meet Michelle for lunch but she was draggin ass so me and Kell just got her a sandwich to go and took it to her place,she looks good Kell swore she looked pregnant but I guess she's just finally put some meat on her bones which is great cuz she didn't look healthy before,not much else going on in my neck of the desert
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly - did you find any good deals? Are you going to grill them? We need to go buy another barbecue. Just a simple charcoal one.

Liz - I'm sure it's always so special for them to receive a care package from home. :love: How are things with your Dad today? That is so hard watching them try to put the iv's in. Just heartbreaking. Why C was a baby, he was in the hospital for about 8 days with a bone infection. That was awful when they had to work on him. I'm sorry that you are going thru this.
      Mom still eats which amazes everyone. We have to watch her to make sure she swallows because she falls asleep so much. But, it's almost like she has stayed at this stage for much longer than anyone expected. We've had some instances where she didn't really understand how to eat but that was months ago. They are surprised that she still eats and that she is still mostly continent.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Pauly. Sounds like you did get a good deal!
        Nice that you got to see Michelle. I'm glad that she's looking good. Is she still with that boyfriend?
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Really liked this e-mail from Belle - Tired of thinking about drinking

"Heavy drinking is like time travel. Each year of drinking is five years of actual life. It's why relapses are time-sucking vortices, into which whole decades can be devoured like so many Cool Ranch Doritos. This makes falling off the wagon a much longer trip than the cute aphorism suggests. The wagon is much higher up off the ground than you'd think — if you dismount, you will fall a long, long time before you hit even a high bottom. Claw your way back on. It's worth it. Because, like quitting smoking, almost everything is easier than the first part of quitting. Once you've done it, protect that shit like it's sacred, because it fucking is."

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I know how bad I was. I really don't think I would survive a drink.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glassie - I really loved the NOURISH. I am putting it in my phone so it's always there to remind me. Do you get to come out & play this weekend or are you too busy? :sad:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I know how bad I get too Nora,seems to only get worse each time too,I get exactly what is being said in that post,sure a relapse may only last a day(or 7) yet the time lost is immense! Feels like months gone,just vaporized,,,anyhoo Michelle is with her boyfriend that she met on the job a few months back,not sure if I posted about it here,he's a bit older, 40 I think but she's nearly 28 so I don't think it's that big of a deal,seems to treat her good so thats all I care about,better than that other creep who was so damn mean to her! She only told us after they split that he used to hit her she has a restraining order against him and I haven't heard anything out of him in awhile so that's good

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh - that makes me furious that he used to hit her. Really makes me angry. That is unacceptable. :mad-new::mad-new:
                  Anyway, I'm glad that she met someone that treats her nice. :love:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So, I'm worried about [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - she got bit by a spider. Has anyone heard if she's ok?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So - here's a question. Who is the person that you talk to about retirement, finances, etc? I don't have much money and it's going to be really, really hard to retire but I'm going to do it. That is my self-care.
                      But, I need to talk to somebody and see what I'm facing. I have a caretaker agency coming out on Tuesday. I'l be paying a caretaker more than I make an hour. :sad:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening, friends! Sorry that I have been MIA. I drove myself to the ER at 4:30 this morning because I couldn’t stand the pain anymore. I thought for sure I had been bitten by a poisonous spider, but it turns out that I’m having an acute bout of arthritis in my left foot! It is so painful and I have to keep my foot elevated all the time. I had a meeting with a potential client today that I had to cancel. I feel kind of foolish because I posted On Facebook that I had been bitten by that spider! Geez!! I can’t really do anything but lay in bed and keep my leg elevated because the pain is just continuous and there really isn’t anything they can give me other than anti-inflammatory drugs.

Big hellos to everyone here. I promise I will reach out to all of you tomorrow. I didn’t get any sleep last night so I’m going to bed. Sweet dreams everyone, and thank you for asking about me, Nora and Liz. ;-)

Comment

Oh Rusty feel better! That's terrible get some rest loveNora,at the rate I'm going I'll be working til I'm in my 80's so I'm the last person to know who to talk to about retirement haha

Comment

Rusty - thank you for checking in. I'm so sorry that it's arthritis but I had visions of blood poisoning because of the spider. I certainly hope that you get some relief soon. :hug:

Pauly - I should work until I'm 80 but not going to happen where I'm currently working. For sure. So, I will have to figure out how to survive.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty, I'm sorry about your foot. I hope the antinflammatoy works quickly . Have you ever had this before? Hopefully you'll sleep better tonight.
                              [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] hubby and I went to several dinner seminars about retirement. We received notices in the mail about most of them and rsvpd. I would say, honestly the last two have been the most informative. They are financial planners. They're everywhere. Good luck.
                              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], my mouth was watering when you mentioned steaks! Once Mark leaves (he doesn't eat steak) I will be making them more often. Glad Michelle isn't with the loser anymore. I must admit from his you described him, I'm not at all surprised he hit her, jerk.

Had an absolutely awful day. Went by dad around 11:30. Mom was there and she was very quiet, dad was writhing and moaning in pain. Nurses were in a bit of a tizzy because dad couldn't swallow his am Meds, apparently he couldn't swallow breakfast either. I left because I couldn't stop crying, mom was crying too. My DS1 calls me and says the nursing supervisor called her and gently said dad has further declined since yesterday and just in case suggested we discuss funeral arrangements with mom. You can imagine the tears and flurry of phone calls. They gave dad a fentanyl patch because he couldn't swallow pain Meds. Mom stayed with him all day. TS went by him as did Mark and hubby. He had no breakfast or lunch. Erin and I went this evening and he seems comfortable. At one point he opened his eyes when Erin told him she was there. He smiled at her and mumbled her name. Totally lucid for just a few moments, I tried feeding him dinner and he ate a little. Spoon fed him thickened juice and yogurt, both of which he finished! It's been such a roller coaster today! No one knows what to make of this. Just taking it one day at a time. We will look into palliative and hospice care at this point. No more ivs. I'm sorry it's been all about me lately, but it helps to just get it out.
                              Hope everyone is doing ok. I am. I am emotionally drained but I am sober. Self care for today, when I got home after rehab tonight I ate some cake and just sat outside alone while Lucy romped. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Oh [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] - I'm just crying for you. This is such a hard time for you. Sending you much love & hugs. I'm glad you sat by yourself with Lucy. That is good.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X