One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Cross post Nora. I was at the facility most of the day today. I really don't mind so much. I'm spending a lot of quality time with both when sisters when our time overlaps and mostly dad! I can't explain it really, I don't think he knows we're there but I'm with him:heartbeat:

Comment

I totally understand. I think it's really good to sit with him. I think on some level he knows. But you know you are there and that's important.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Sunday Morning and Early Evening (for our dear Gladys (Glass Half Empty and Bridge (byebyebridgetjones)

My foot is feeling SO much better so I will head out for the lake path and a swim in the lake in a few hours. Ooh la la....to be out of pain...I am so grateful.

Liz:hug:I admire you so much for remaining AF even though you are in such a state of turmoil and sadness with your dad. I am sure your family appreciates all your help with the visits, etc. and its also wonderful that your sisters and kids can see you sober through this heartbreaking time. It will give them confidence that you CAN and WILL stay AF and you will start to see them gradually back off of the non-stop hovering and looking for signs that you have been drinking.

Nora-LOVE Your pool! It sure looks inviting! Thank you, also, for including [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]'s link to post pictures! I needed it! As far as your DIL teaching Savannah to learn Spanish, that is a very wise idea. You live in a state that is on the border of Mexico, it will give her lots of opportunities to interact with different people, and it will come in very handy in school and as she gets older, the workplace. Just my two cents. ;-)

Glassie/Gladys-love your last two quote posts! Thank you for posting something so inspirational.
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-what are you up to today?

Pauly-How is your anxiety level?
        [MENTION=2977]Cinders[/MENTION]-we miss you. Please come back and join us.:happy2:

Big hellos to our lovely [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], and anyone I missed...happy AF Sunday!

Comment

Rusty, yay! How long was your foot sore like that? A swim in the lake sounds lovely! I happen to love summer because of all the outdoors stuff we can do. I used to love the change of seasons, but I find as I get older I love summer most!

Yes, you are right about the family hovering! On Friday when we were making funeral arrangements, I told Mark and hubby not to worry about me drinking because I will not, Mark said, "I know, Mom. I'm so proud of the way you're handling this". I told my TS the same thing. It's just not a priority right now.

Anyway, we had some pretty heavy thundershowers last night. I was still up reading. Hubby was already sleeping. He flew outta bed and ran out to close is sun roof. It was really pretty funny! Thankfully not too much water had gotten in. Still cloudy out today, but the sun roof is closed!

I hope everyone has a great AF Sunday! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], you going back in the pool today?

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,we got rain last night too! Just outta the blue it started,I'm glad you're spending time with your dad and proud of you for staying AF and that your family is noticing too Nora,enjoy your pool,you looked so cute haha,I was in the delivery room with both boys but I stood by Kell's head cuz honestly I didn't want to see THAT much,just the boys come into the world and I'm sure that someday when Brady has kids it'll be the mom of whoever he is with in there rather than me cuz it is different with mom's and daughters vs mom's and sons,I think it's great to teach the baby espanol,I don't know any spanish but I do try to say the few Spanish words I know to Louie,his other gramma is bilingual and his great gramma only speaks Spanish so he probably knows more words than I do,his dad can speak it but real Spanish speakin peeps get irritated by him cuz he doesn't have the pronunciation right or the accent I dunno,probably headed to IHOP or Denny's for breakfast in a bit,Glassy,I loved that pic and I need to steal it for my signature maybe,so damn true!! Rusty,glad you're feeling better much love to all and wishes for a super,sober Sunday!!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday/Monday -

The neighbors 2 houses down are still working on their house. It has been over a year now of daily construction. I am over it to be quite honest. Let's have a quiet Sunday morning. Ok - enough belly-aching. Gee whiz. I don't know what's wrong with me. I obviously am grumpy. LOL

Thanks for letting me vent everyone. I have downloaded a learn Spanish audiobook. I took 2 years in high school about 45 years ago. So, it shouldn't be a problem should it? LOL Actually, it is a very good idea for her to learn Spanish first. C has been working on learning it since before they got pregnant. I should have been working on it too.

We went and got donuts for breakfast. Ouch - my stomach. And I only had 2 small bites. Nothing like just a bite of pure sugar in the morning. GrossL.gif
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - do you think your Dad is moaning in pain? I know my Mom makes moaning noises but it is just for the noise or comfort, not because of pain. I'm glad that you just told them not to worry that you are not going to drink. I totally get it. You are not going to drink, you are going to get thru this crisis. :hug:
                But, I'm going to tell you this - be careful after the immediate crisis is over. I dealt with everything fine & sober during my Dad's illness but afterwards, I ran right back to alcohol. So, just know that 'it' might be lurking in the corner going to tell you that you deserve it after everything you went thru sober.
                I know that you won't but I just wanted you to know about my experience. :heartbeat:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I agree Nora,I dealt with my tragedy fine but after I fell apart,best to just keep that guard up always

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - where did you go for breakfast?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty - I'm so glad that you feel up to a dip in the lake. That's good. DId you take a walk too?
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi!:love: I'm back!!!!

Nora-I haven't walked or jumped in the lake yet. My pain meds for my foot are hard on my digestive system so let's just say I was sidelined a bit...then got a wonderful call from my cousin with whom I am very close...then some work projects...so, I will walk and jump in the lake later. It's all good in my world. I think I should be able to fit in my work shoes tomorrow.

Liz-SO glad your family has faith in you staying sober. So happy and proud of you. To answer your question, no, I've never had arthritis in my foot before, if I did, I didn't recognize it because this time I had horrific shooting and burning pain in the bottom of my foot and on the inside, too. It prevented me from walking.

Nora-what are you doing on here at 10:18 AM???? Don't you want to jump in your pool...or are you just going to jump in and out of it all day??? Hahahahaha. What was that immunization you got that made you feel yucky? I have never heard of it.
                        Last edited by Rusty; July 15, 2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Went to IHOP Nora,I guess they're gonna close up at 2 pm today and close for a week to remodel,will hafta check it out next Sunday I guess

Comment

Today's movie is 'Christmas Under Wraps' on Hallmark
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                              Today's movie is 'Christmas Under Wraps' on Hallmark
                              Too early for that!!

Comment

I guess I shouldn't talk Nora,me and Lou have already been trying to decide what we wanna be for Halloween! It'll all be here before we know it

Comment

Working...
                                X