One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], spending time with your daughter is important. I found that my kids were happy to see me working to keep sober, even it it meant I wasn't around for them. I don't know if the drinking upsets your girls, it did my kids. You sound a little down, can you and dd1 get out and do something fun?
    [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], keep us posted on baby watch! I'm so excited for you. It's hard to be sad when the baby is here, because of course he is everywhere and into everything and just so cute!

Happy Saturday.

Comment

Morning friends,I agree with Liz, Bird very important to spend time with your kids even if its only TV Nora,keep us posted please,I'm excited getting ready for work so back later much love!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I guess you become a grandma today, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] :smile:. I'm so happy for you! I meant to write to you the other day when you were concerned about not being present at her birth. I unexpectedly witnessed the rather traumatic birth of one grandson and the "normal" birth of another. I didn't meet the third until he was a few weeks old. None of that affects the relationships I have with them now (and frankly, I'd rather to have missed the first one's birth! ).

Is today your dad's service, [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]? If so, I hope you have a beautiful celebration of his life. xx, NS

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

I am so sorry I have been MIA but life overwhelmed me last week. It's all good here now and I am looking forward to a weekend of exercise, chores, and a visit with my mom tomorrow.

Liz:hug::hug:I have been thinking about you and praying for you all week. Loved the picture of you with your kids...so sweet. You are all so photogenic. I know you miss your dad and Mark and I am so proud of going through all of this sober. Your dad was such a handsome man....the pictures really captured the kind of man he was and his devotion to his family. To answer your question, my aunt didn't die of the hiatal hernia...I am not sure about the details, but she ended up having surgery twice and her body could not withstand the second surgery. I knew your dad wasn't an alcoholic and I hope I did not imply that he was in my post. How is your mom? I am so glad that CJ was able to come home and see your dad before he passed away.

Glassie-I hope the polyp turns out to be nothing. I know how you feel when it comes to diverticulitis/diverticulosis as I suffer from it as well. My dad had it, too. I am due for my colonoscopy but it is such an easy to think to um....put off for a rainy day. LOL. You haven't had a chance to start your scuba lessons, have you? Was it Tawny who was going to teach you? I am sorry but I can't think of her MWO name.

Nora-I am anxiously awaiting the birth of little Savannah. I googled the balloon as I had never heard of it. Thank you for asking about me, sweetheart. Sometimes I just feel like if I can't address each of my wonderful friends here, then I shouldn't post. I will promise to be better at posting. Lots of love coming to you from Wisconsin.
          [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-DD 1 "sharted." LOL....hope you can move soon.
          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...thank you for reaching out to me. You are a sweetheart.:heartbeat: I remember when my nieces and nephews would get their shots...yup, feverish and so cranky...poor kids.

Big hellos to anyone I have missed. My foot is feeling so much better but the meds make me a wee sleepy. Maybe I'll take a quick nap before going to the gym. Happy Saturday, Everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            @NoraC how is your Mam ?:hug:
            Is she now living with you ?
            Good to see you Satz. Yes, Mom is living with us. Good times and hard times. But, she is still relatively healthy physically but mentally not so well. Thank you for asking. How is your Mam doing?? I know you are having some hard times right now. :heartbeat:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty - thank you for checking in. I was worried that depression was creeping in on you. :hug: And I felt the same way about not commenting on everyone but we just can't. I think we all know that we love each other and are about each other but we don't always have time to comment on everything. I hope you get some good relaxation today.

Liz - Been thinking of you. It's really special how close your kids are. I'm glad that the girls were with you. I know tomorrow is going to be a hard day. :heartbeat:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Baby update:

They arrived at the hospital at 6:30 am. They were moved into their own delivery room about 4 hours later. They started her on the pitocin to get the labor started at about 11:00. She only dilated to a 4 with the balloon so there's quite a ways to go.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

How exciting Nora! Can't wait to see some pictures!.....good to hear from you Rusty. I wouldn't worry about how much you comment. Glad your foot is doing better....went down to FLorida with dd1. We went to a spring to swim. It is so clear and cold and smells so good. Then it rained all the way home and I got cold. So nice to be cold for awhile hehehe.....a good day....Liz, sending big hugs for tomorrow.....b

Comment

OOOOHHHH, Nora-We can't wait!!!!! Tis the day, I know it! So, so happy for you, dear friend. Lots of love to you!:heartbeat:

Liz-I loved that your dad was into woodworking and that his cremains are in a lovely oak box. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Well, Good Afternoon!:love:

Nope, I have not made it to the gym yet but as [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] would say...I did take a nana nap. Wonderful! All refreshed and ready to get some work tasks completed. Then, household chores. YUCK!
                    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]-some day I will get to Ireland. I'm a 1/4 Irish (my dad's family was from Waterford) and I would like to go there some day. Thank you for posting here.
                    [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-So glad you got to swim in some nice, cold weather...finally. Too bad you were cold on the way home. Do you get the free online subscription to The Fix? It's really good...inspiring stories about people successful in their recoveries from drugs and alcohol. They have also featured stories on gaming and sex addiction, too.

Soooo sad about all those who died in the Duck Boats' accident in Branson, MO.:sad: In Wisconsin, we have the Duck Boats at the Wisconsin Dells. I have ridden on them many times with my family....so glad we never encountered inclement weather. That boat in Branson never should have left the shore since there had been thunderstorm warnings ALL DAY!!!!!
                    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...I am thinking of you. I am on my last hour of a six-hour "Two and a Half Men" marathon. Hahahahaahah

A shout out to [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], [MENTION=2977]Cinders[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], POP IN, PLEASE!!

Comment

There you are Rusty hey don't worry about addressing everyone,there was that discussion in the nest,,people not wanting to post at all cuz they can't comment on everybody,its too hard and you'd hafta jot down notes to keep things straight,I try to address everyone but I know I miss peeps just figure at least I'm here,Nora,,,cannot wait for the baby's arrival!!!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Pauly!:heartbeat: Thank you for your positive words! :-)

Come on, Savannah....We're waiting for you, little lovely!!!:heartbeat:

Comment

Thanks Pauly. Hi Steppers. Very excited for you, Nora!
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hi guys. Thank you everyone for the well wishes. No news. Hurry up and wait, I guess. LOL I did text him a few minutes ago asking for an update whenever he had a minute. Hopefully, he'll have to go to the bathroom or something soon so he can text me. Ha, ha
                            He did call us when he went down to the cafeteria so it helped to hear his voice.

Anybody know of a natural way to clear clogged up ears? I am so clogged up & dizzy. I started to call the Teladoc but I doubt if they'll give me antibiotics. I'm not sick just dizzy & clogged up.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I stop in everyday [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], just usually don't have much to add. I really enjoy reading how everyone is getting through the troubled times that life throws at us from time to time. A great inspiration and a reminder to all of us that we don't need alcohol to get us through anything!

Add me to the list Grandma [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], of the people anxiously awaiting for news of Savannah's healthy, safe arrival!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; July 21, 2018, 07:59 PM.
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got a text. "Nothing new"

Straight to the point. Ha, ha

Anyway, when I told him that I was texting people, he said he would send me numbers and to tell everyone no calls (someone had tried to call their room) and not to post it on social media. So, I now have a job to do. Or I will if he ever sends me any numbers.

I have a feeling that Savannah is going to be born tomorrow.

I'll be so glad when she is finally here. I've been having such a weird feeling for the past couple weeks. I will be relieved to be honest.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X