One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

I don't want to take over the floor either Liz,I've wondered about you and how you were coping,I just didn't want to say anything cuz I don't really know how you feel,sometimes the initial shock hits and we're one way then the reality hits us hard,do keep sharing and talk it out if you feel like it,we're here for you always,I dunno I can never say what I'm trying to say I get all scrambled,just know we're here
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm sorry that you didn't get to see your Dad, Pauly. Glad that you had a good trip though.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Its fine Nora,I just didn't want to irritate him,,I know how he is,actually I only saw my brothers and niece and nephew at the pow wow for a few minutes too,,they were gonna be watching UFC and I figured they'd be into that so I didn't go over there,just spent most of my time with my mom,she started drinking and tbh she was so damn funny we were all laughing so hard,just the stuff she does and says cracks me up! Hubs drank too not all crazily but just the usual,I honestly didn't give it a thought,I read somewhere about thinking about the"tomorrow you" and taking care of yours so it helped me through,this is something I actually want not feeling like I NEED to do maybe that's different who knows,I'm trying not to think of drinking/not drinking so my posts might be sporadic on the subject,kinda over it ya know?
        Last edited by paulywogg; July 30, 2018, 09:24 PM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly :yay:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
            We have family in Redding. So very sad.
            [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - I thought you were not supposed to be riding the bike!!! Isn't that what the Dr said? I'm sorry that your bike decided to kick you off. Ouch!
            You’re right. I only do short rides. It is mostly the long rides that are a concern. Ten miles plus. I’ll be careful. xoxo
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
              You’re right. I only do short rides. It is mostly the long rides that are a concern. Ten miles plus. I’ll be careful. xoxo
              Thank you (I really was concerned). :hug:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Baby gets to go home. :yay: Mommy & Daddy are exhausted but happy.

Who has decided to take center stage?? :harhar:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yay Nora! Very happy baby got to go home

Comment

Pauly - I did just want to tell you that it IS different when you are doing it because YOU want to. It's a different feeling just like you said.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am so bored. I stayed home today. Have had a bad headache but then felt better after I slept in. I should have just got up & gone to work but decided to stay home since I had already called in. LOL

Liz - did you work today? You have been in my thoughts today. Hard to tell CJ goodbye again. Did you have Logan today or did you say that they are on vacation?

Rusty - you must be driving now. Is your meeting tomorrow? I hope it's a good trip for you.

Bird - you must be moving! I hope that everything goes well. I can't wait to hear from you & see some pictures.

Glassie - how have you been feeling? How has this month been for you Dry & Self-Caring? Have you been doing your daily yoga? I have not been doing much yoga. I have been doing moves in the pool though and am seeing improvement.

Techie - I meant to tell you - I have the CD Bride over Troubled Water in my car. I was listening to it recently.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just hit something and lost a long post grrrrr!
                        [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], so glad baby got to come home. Poor mom and dad, I'm sure they are emotionally and physically exhausted! But I am happy. Sorry about your headache, I'm sure this has all taken its toll on you too.
                        [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, for the most part I am doing ok. It just hits me at certain times. I started weeping grocery shopping today, when I saw the chocolate pudding. The one thing dad enjoyed at the rehab. I did a lot of crying last night after everyone went to bed. I'm still a bit weepy tonight, but Logan was here this afternoon and he really does heal the heart. So stinking happy and cute. He wanted Opa and Oma to pick him up all the time (hubby and I). He likes us! I may take you up on the offer of discussing my feelings here, it helps to share, it really does.
                        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], how did the closing go today? I was thinking about you a lot today. I hope you can finally settle in and relax a bit now.
                        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm glad you are taking it easy with the biking.
                        [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], hope you arrived safely for work. Marks ex girlfriend just had an article published. She had written about the perks of traveling alone particularly when you are on business. I thought of you. You should have a blog or something. Just living vicariously through you.

I've actually had the floor and center stage for a quite awhile now, it really would be nice to sit on the sidelines for bit, ya know?

Glassie, hope your feeling well and preparing for your trip?

Wishing everyone a quiet AF night.

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], may I ask what moves in the pool? What kind of results? I am definitely interested!

Comment

Liz - it's just really basic bending of my legs. The pool is only 30" tall so I can stand up and then crouch. I bend my legs in various positions. I hold onto the edge and pull my legs in & out. I try to sit on my heels and just kneel like that to stretch. I had reached a point where I was in constant pain. Hurt to stand up, get out of a chair, hurt to walk. It was getting to the point that I couldn't function. But, now that I've been on the CBD oil for a few months, I have noticed such an improvement! And, with the yoga I was doing and now with the pool, the improvement is remarkable. I still hurt but not to the extent that I was.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], thank you. I have tried exercises in the pool and I'm just not convinced I'm getting a good work out. I'm glad to hear that you do see results. Glad you're feeling better. I guess you can leave the pool open year around? I lack stick-toitiveness!

Comment

Good Morning and Happy August!

Nora-what kind of CBD oil do you use and how do you use it? My hips and lower back hurt all the time. So glad the baby is finally home! YAY!!!
                                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I like traveling alone for the most part but I cancelled my weekend excursion to the Bridal Veil Falls in Utah this weekend. I will leave on Sunday and Saturday. It cost me $656 to make the change, but I just feel like I would enjoy it so much more if I had someone special to share it with and enjoy. I don't feel that way very often. I will spend Saturday with my Mom and frankly, I enjoy the lake I live near so much better than mountains that I will relish my time at home this weekend. Mom is thrilled. :-) I understand how thoughts of your dad just hit you hard.:hug: I had them when my dad died, too.

Pauly-I am so proud of you for getting through your visit with your family sober. I think this is the first time in a long time you have gotten through those visits without drinking. GOOD FOR YOU!

Hi Glassie!

Hi [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...so glad you popped in to see us.
                                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-where are you?

Big hellos to everyone I missed...I must drive home now...I was too tired to drive last night after work.

Happy First Day of August, AF and Caring!!

Comment

Working...
                                X