One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Hi Nora. I’m doing good. A minor training setback. My bike left me on a hill moving about 30mph. Not sure what happened but I hit something in the road. Never found what it was. A stone perhaps. I have some road rash but nothing major. My swim is still not up to par. So, spending more time in the pool. Lots of laps.

What a beautiful baby. You must be over the moon with joy. Love you xo
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Oh BTW, I haven’t trained much outdoors this past week due to the smoke from the fires. Just sucks being confined to a gym. Poor Cali, just burning up!!!
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

We have family in Redding. So very sad.
        [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - I thought you were not supposed to be riding the bike!!! Isn't that what the Dr said? I'm sorry that your bike decided to kick you off. Ouch!
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh - and thank you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. I am over the moon. Truly. I just hold her and all is right with the world. :heartbeat: I have been so down with the state of the world.....losing hope to be honest.......and holding that little girl in my arms gives me hope again.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
            Glassie - you must be busy getting ready for your trip! Details please.
            Nope - still haven't started! But that's not unusual for me. I'll probably start thinking about what I need two days before I go. Someone asked the other day where I was going and I forgot to reply, sorry. It's Zimbabwe, Botswana and SA.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              Hi, [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]. I went the donation route - you can choose the amount rather than one of their set subscriber options and you don't have to sign up with The Evil PayPal. Plus, I like one-and-done for the year.
              I also used the donation system, but I don't have a problem with PayPal (should I? Are they participating in evilnesses I don't know about? :0) so I used them. My problem is that paying from overseas with an automatic debit can sometimes be a nightmare when the next one rolls around unexpectedly, especially if there are exchange rate or international fee issues (my $100 donation already cost $147 in Oz dollars as it is) .

EDIT: It occurred to me when I saw the request for subscribers just how much I've been taking this forum for granted. The people who are giving their time voluntarily have been doing an amazing job and I know they've been lifesavers for so many.
              Last edited by Glass Half Empty; July 28, 2018, 10:10 PM.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good morning everyone! [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], glad your little bike debacle ended up not being more serious. I envy your workout ethic, you seem to enjoy it so. For me it's just a chore.
                [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], your day sounds lovely. I haven't been swimming in a lake in forever. We used to do it all the time. How is mom doing?
                [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], the baby is so precious. I hope C is ok and doesn't get the baby sick. May I ask if J is nursing? Those babies do heal the heart. I don't worry too much about the state of the world, I just try to make life here as happy as I can for our grandson. He's happy and loved right here.

Glassie, what kinds of things will you be doing on your trip? How exciting. Mark has mentioned he would like to visit SA in the near future. He does have vacation time coming up.

Mark is enjoying his time in England so far. He is supposed to be moving into his flat on Friday, we shall see as there are a lot of hoops to jump through to rent there. The wedding yesterday was ok. CJ ended up staying. It was pretty warm outside and my shoes did not fare well. I let CJ wear the flats I had brought. Off to church and then TS and family and mom are coming over for lunch.

Comment

Hi all - the baby got a fever of 101.3 last night. They took her in and they admitted her for observation. Her temperature is down on it's own so that is good.
                  I am concerned.
                  Casey didn't call me until a few hours ago. :sad: I know that it's their daughter but I feel so left out. When he was a baby, my Mom was the first person I would call for everything. They are so independent, they just handle it on their own & call her sister because she's got 2 kids. I'm going to have a talk with them in a few weeks about communication. I have been so very careful to stay back and not step don their toes that I think it would be ok for me to ask to be informed when they take my granddaughter to the hospital!!! :rant:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ok - sorry. Thanks for letting me vent. I needed to get that out of my system. When I was on the phone with him, I said that I wished he had called so I could be with them. He said that they didn't want anyone there. I understand that completely but it would have been nice to know so I could worry.

Rusty - did you have a nice day with your Mom? Are you leaving tomorrow for your long drive?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I'm glad that Mark is happy. How are you doing today? Did you have a nice family lunch? It is so hard to wear heels outside. Were you on grass?

Pauly - are you home yet? I'm anxious to hear how it went.

Glassie - Do you have any specific adventures planned or are you just taking it as you want to?
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No internet till Thursday. Moving Tuesday. Spending time reading. Love to all. B

Comment

I keep getting interrupted so I just keep posting what I have.

Going to complain some more. Here goes :harhar:

I was talking to a friend on the phone yesterday - used to be my best friend and now we don't even know what's going on in each other's lives. I mentioned that it had been 3 years AF and she said - oh yeah, I wondered how you would handle it with your mom. I just said well I stopped before she came here. Her attitude ticked me off.

Then my brother and his friend were here today. And his friend made sure to mention the bar that I had gone to with my brother one time when his friend & I were both up there. I got smashed on shots of tequila - (Plus the fact that I was hiding a bottle at the house).

Anyway - it just brought up bad memories all the way round. :sad:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

There you are Bird. I've been wondering about you!!! Thank you for checking in. I can't wait until you get moved in - I'm sure that YOU can't wait!
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] - J is breast feeding. Had some problems but finally doing better.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Evening, Steppers!

It was a beautiful, relaxing day...exercised, swam in the lake, did paperwork, cleaned. It was nice. :-)

Nora:hug: sweetheart...I know you're upset but this is just my two cents as am I one of 5 children and I have 12 nieces and nephews so maybe I can offer you some comfort. When my sister or brother's kids got sick and they had to take the kids to the hospital, they did not call my mom because they did not want to worry her needlessly if it turned out to be something minor. They waited until after they got home from the hospital to call my parents so they could tell my parents the outcome. I can understand totally about feeling left out but maybe they feel more comfortable talking to her sister because J and her sister are closer in age. Just a theory. I absolutely support you talking to C and J about communication because I am sure they are unaware their lack of it upsets you. :hug:They also might feel that you might think they are ill-prepared parents if they call you when the baby gets sick and that's why they want to prove they can live independently. People are so different. My sister's oldest daughter has a son who is almost 2 and every time he gets sick, my niece calls my sister and my sister goes running over to their house. They don't call my sister's husband's parents until after the crisis is over and the baby is on the mend.

Liz-How was your lunch with your family? So glad to hear Mark is enjoying England. My mom is doing much better since she got the cortisone shot in her back. Thank you for asking!:heartbeat: She can get two more shots in the next 6 months.

Pauly-I hope you had a good trip to visit your family.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-how are you doing?

I leave for MN tomorrow afternoon but I will try and check in from the road.

Happy AF Sunday to all!
                                Last edited by Rusty; July 29, 2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X