One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Pauly, you go right ahead and vent. it sure doesn't seem like it's all about you. I feel like that sometimes too, maybe that's ok. We take turns. I happen to love avocados so I ge Romeos obsession with them.

Nora, I took Logan home tonight after dinner and his bath and put him down for the night in his crib. Erin and Dan had to go the wake tonight for his grandma, they got home at about 9:30. Little booger was sound asleep. It was the first time they left him overnight. Logan faired better than Erin did. She felt guilty leaving him. I get it. Yes he does sleep through the night! OMG! It's a beautiful thing. My kids never slept through the night. He eats good, he sleeps good. Such a good boy. I am ok right now with Mark leaving. It doesn't seem real yet, I guess. He's lived abroad before and that seems to help. I keep telling myself he's coming back. (Fingers crossed!)

Bird, glad your daughter made it. I can imagine how difficult it is to be separated from your "stuff".
    Hoping it gets straightened out soon. I got another John Grisham book at the thrift store, "The Associate". Co worker gave me a book to read, so Grisham will have to wait.

Bridget, glad you made it through a day. One giant step in the right direction. You know everyday gets better. I'm glad your here with us and yes I guess we missed each other before. Are you having trouble sleeping?

Hope everyone has a quiet AF night.

Comment

You are a sweetheart Nora:love:
      Yes Lizann typically 2-3 nights of rubbish sleep and then I'm OK for the most part. Seriously, it is so not worth it.
      Day 1 without a hangover at work although still tired. My GOD those people are annoying. How did I not notice? Some of the students need a boot up their bums. Spoiled brats.
      I'm experiencing all of the good stuff associated with early sobriety, like the extra time and energy available. Snuggling into bed freshly showered and teeth brushed instead of passing out and waking up in peculiar positions. I really took this for granted for all of those sober years. If all goes according to the norm I will look like a gargoyle for a couple of days as the fluid retention sorts itself out.
      Why, WHY do we do it? Rhetoric question only.
      I hope you are all ??having a good sleep???
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi all,
        So called the realtor yest with a couple houses I was interested in. One I liked a lot. We agreed to meet Wednesday. So we will go up today and spend the night, have a look around. Went out to the high school stadium last night as the h.s. band was having a drum corps spend the night. They are out on tour and spend the nights at different schools along the way. Wish dd2 were here, as she loves drum corps. Anyway, they were good and it wasnt too hot out........Pauly, you are not sounding selfish. Romeo sounds very cute with the face grabbing. And the avocados! Very good!......Bridget, oh those first 3 days. Ugh. But so nice too huh? 72 hours to get all that al out of our system. Sadly I know this from being on probation and having to be tested for al when I would go see my probation officer.......Nora, hope your Mom can get back on the hospice. Those episodes sound bad.....Lizann, isn't that nice Logan sleeps so well!! And I love John Grisham!....well, off to pack the car. Going to load up the few things we aren't using, so when the move comes it will only be 1 carload, plus the cats....b

Comment

Morning friends,Bridget,great on getting through your first(and last) day 1 Bird,hope the house works out for you,I hated house shopping back when we did it,I'd fall in love with one and something would happen,looking back I truly wish I'd have kept my house but it was right before the crash on 2008 that we sold it so we made quite a bit off it but that moneys long gone and I still miss my cozy house,oh well see what greed does? Rained last night and I can hear the roof leaking in my bedroom as well speak,,,,somewhere can hear it splat but not sure where haha,Liz,I know the feeling of being so proud of your kids for moving on and living their own lives,I am but tbh I HATE it too! When Brady was in Oregon sometimes I'd just sit in his room to "feel" him,,sounds like a weirdo haha,thank God for the little ones or I'd probably go crazier than I already am..Nora,thanks for the pm Rusty,hope you're doing well,Glassy hello,much love and wishes for a happy AF Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone. Had a f****d up day. So, excuse me if I'm grumpy. I'm just letting it go actually. Work is work and I do it to the best of my ability. So this is me Meditate.gif
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I know what you all mean about your kids growing up & moving on. I really miss Casey. Even though we see them pretty often, its not the same. And, it's not the same because it's not just the 3 of us anymore. But, I am excited that he has FINALLY matured.

So, how are you all doing? One step at a time. I was trying to think of helpful hints and I don't really remember that period that much. I wish that I had kept better notes.
              I know that I spent a lot of time right here holding on with a tight grip.

Time for dinner. With avocado and I had avocado at lunch too. I guess I would have to share with Romeo - right, Pauly?

I will be back after I stuff my face
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Maybe I'll be in a better mood now that I've eaten. LOL

I was so happy to hear that they had rescued everyone from the cave. What a miracle.

Pauly - are you going to get your roof fixed? We had a leaky roof for years. They finally put a new roof on it. I just started thinking about when so I could tell you. It's probably been close to 20 years. :rotlf: Not a new roof anymore.

Bird - I'm anxious to hear how the house hunting is going. I can just imagine how frustrating this is.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So - I have been thinking. It's such a scary thought, I know.

Do you all want to commit to each other for the rest of July that you will not drink? Then you can reevaluate August 1 and decide if you want to continue. Just trying to brainstorm and sometimes it just helps to know that you are in it with someone else. I know that I am about 2 weeks behind [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] so we cheered each other on and it helped.

I have not done well on the taking care of myself front so I am going to do that starting today. My excuse was that it was way too hot to do my yoga in the bedroom and it's hard to do it out here in the living room. I should have forced myself and I didn't. But, starting today, I will do better.

How is everyone else doing on the Healthy & Self-Caring? I would give everyone an A in self-caring for being here & posting.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

If you are taking late-comers for dry July, I am in like Flynn.
                    As for the self-care, I'm shite at that but am crafting some cunning plans with a friend today. It involves a regular girls weekend away every two months in a relaxing locale with books and loads of relaxation (we are both the same in that respect) She mentioned taking 'our wine' as well but I will be having a chat to her about all of that before we go into play.
                    What are some other ideas for self-care?
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      What are some other ideas for self-care?
                      Trying to let go of the "shoulds" I've made up over the years. I still do the "needs" but am trying to let myself do more of the "wants" - even when they are nonproductive or seem (to others) like a waste of time.

Comment

Boys just left and sheesh what a handful! Romeo is teething and Lou was just hyper! I wish it were later so I could go to bed,I'm in a fitbit challenge and just took tired to try and rack up any more steps tonight,oh well tomorrow is another day,,I wrote out a huge list on my phone of the reasons I want to stay sober,some are huge like being a better Nan,wife,mom,coworker,,some are small like just wanting to look cute and not a yucky looking drunk witch,I can't believe how much drinking changes my looks! I turn red,greasy,my eyes get red(I call them my devil eyes) glassy looking dead eyes,lips get chapped hell even my hair gets dry and depressed looking,if not for my health hopefully at least vanity will keep me on track haha
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - that's a good idea!!!
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Lively here today and I love it! I'm committed to a sober July, I'm going to be totally honest here and say I am worried about next week, with Mark leaving, I sat by my dad tonight. He never really woke up, didn't know I was there. I don't think. I was just weeping and wondering how the heck am I going to do all this sober? I'm taking it just a minute at a time and trying to find positive things everywhere I am. Dad was grabbing the blanket and trying to pull it, I took his hand and he just held onto mine. Wouldn't let go for the longest time and I didn't want him too.

I actually had another drinking dream last night. Even in my dream I hated everything about drinking. Nora, you're really something else and I appreciate you doing this. I'm in. Sorry you had a bad day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful AF night!

Comment

Cross post Pauly. I'll go along with vanity, too. That's a really good idea and I will make a list for myself as well,

Comment

Hi all,
                                Had a rough time last night and wanted to drink badly. Am up in Macon at an airbnb. Is so damn hot and took the kids out to eat. DD2 has rented a giant house with 4 friends and she doesn't even have a job. I wonder how that is going to work? Says where she is staying one of the roomies is eating all her food and when she said something about it he said fuck you bitch. That makes me so sad and mad....anyway, I am very excited about a place I found on zillow last night. I am meeting my realtor at 1 to see it. It has almost everything on my list. And it has a pool!! So I need to be careful because I am wound up, and that leads to drinking. Nora, sorry work sucked. And that was wonderful about the boys in the cave....Bridget, that sounds good, time with friend. I need more of that. Also I need some friends that live nearby.....Lizann, alot of stuff going on for you right now. Hugs to you....Pauly, once I took a selfie on day 1 and another 2 weeks later. What a difference haha. I sit in my kids room when they are gone, and watch videos of them. I think its just normal stuff...well I need to go for a walk or something before I go crazy....oh, the place I am looking at today is 11 miles from university, which is nice....b

Comment

Working...
                                X