One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I am so sorry for your loss! I can well imagine you're not in the mood to entertain. I hope you manage to get through it if you have too. Would explaining your loss and postponing be an option? The tooth on top of everything, oh my!

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], the kitties are so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Erin and Dan left this morning. Hubby and I are exhausted running after the little guy. He's so busy.

Comment

Oh Rusty - I am so sorry. That is such sad news. Sending you much love & prayers. :heartbeat:

Liz - you must have your hands full. How long are you keeping him? It was probably hard for them to leave him even though they were probably excited too.
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - always glad to see you here.

Bird - did you get in some swimming?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'l be thinking of you in the days ahead. Your Mom is so lucky she has you to be with her at this sad time.:heartbeat:
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi all,
          There is nothing going on here. Ended up working on my friends house yest. Still a little to be done there, some stuff to be hauled off and burned. Did not go swimming. How is everyones Friday going?

Comment

Morning. Couldn't get on here earlier.
            Happy Friday
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Techie and NoraC, Cinders here. Haven't logged in for a long time, years actually, but was thinking about you all and wondering how all were doing.

Doing great here! More than two years sober. :-)

It sounds like you guys are doing well, too. So happy to hear.

NoraC, congrats on the grandchild. I have three of my five today, although the 13 year old is doing all the babysitting for me. I love being a Granny.
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

[MENTION=2977]Cinders[/MENTION]:sohappy: I have thought of you so often. I no longer have that client in Alabama who was about 45 minutes from your house. Are you and your husband still living there? The last I had heard...you were just beginning to form a cleaning/painting business with your two kids. Are you still doing that? So glad to have you back!!! :-)

Comment

[MENTION=2977]Cinders[/MENTION]!!!! Great to see you!!! :yay:
                  [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - how are you doing? How's your Mom?

I will be back in a bit. It is Friday night so I'm getting chatty.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It was 111 degrees today. Still over 100 and it's almost 6:00 pm. Supposed to be like this till the beginning of next week. We are just huddling here in the living room where the air conditioner is. Going to be rough sleeping in the heat.

Cinders - how have you been? Congratulations on your sobriety.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                      Hi Cinders! Congrats on the 2 years! Awesome....Nora, that heat is awful,...went fishing today. I used to fish a lot but it is hard for me to kill the fish these days. I like to eat them though. Nothing going on. Watched Undercover Boss...gonna read a bit...

Comment

I'm reading a Dean Koontz book, 'The Crooked Staircase'. I have to keep taking a break. It's intense because to me it is the way the world is now. Secretly run by a few rich & powerful people. :sad:

Right now, I'm watching Cheers. That was a long time ago. I can't remember what year it started.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - did you catch any? I can remember fishing when I was little.

Hubby just ticked me off. Well, not really but he did annoy me. I had Cheers on and was actually laughing a little bit at it. I had offered hubby the controller several times because I wasn't really paying attention to tv. Actually, I had muted it and just had the captions on so Mom could watch if she wanted. A couple minutes ago, he gets up and says he's going to go watch the new on his kindle in the bedroom. I looked at him in surprise and said wow, you're going in there! (It's so hot in there) He said yes, I can't stand that show. AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH :cuss:Seriously, how many times do I need to tell him to change the channel. And damn it, how many times do I watch shit that I don't want to watch?!?!?
                          So, after he left, I changed to the Netflix show Glow and I'm enjoying it while he is in the bedroom ROASTING. :lildevil:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

He had come back in here before I even posted the previous post. :harhar: But, I hit post anyway. :rotlf:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Haha Nora. I happen to like Cheers and hubby usually has control of the remote. It's how I keep him in the room with me.
                              Sorry about the heat! It just got cool here this evening and tomorrow is going to be nice!
                              We have Logan until Momday night! He does keep us busy. But I'm enjoying him. We took him out to dinner tonight and he was just staring and intrigued at the 11month old at another table, I'm mean staring at this kid!!! Too, funny.
                              Don't know if I shared but Mark is leaving on 7/20. Just two weeks. Not going to dwell on that right now,
                              Have a good night guys, I'm exhausted!

Comment

I'll bet you are exhausted. Does Logan sleep all night?
                                Liz - I just tried to write something comforting but ended up erasing it. I don't have the eloquence of others but I am sending you lots of positive thoughts.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X