Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Manoeuvres

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    I'm afraid to ask but I have to Bridge :egad: why again has she her hand in your bag ?
    Checking for all the thing I might have stolen from ALDI I suppose. I might be running a black market in their poxy blue toilet blocks or something.

Satz what exactly is it that your brother wants? Your Mum should stay home for the daughters to take care of? Does the brother plan on being on the roster as well? Is it about saving money?
    [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] I have had the cravings all night here too. I've been necking chocolate until the bottle shops close,which is riiight now....delay delay delay. I'm so good at procrastinating in every day life. At last I've found a use for my proclivities.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]....you're a feisty woman. I reckon you're doing the right thing.........I can hear him now bleating to his neighbours/friends on how the family shut him out.

I've got CBD oil just can't get away with it. Do you know I think I was hoping it would get me 'relax' me in an old-fashioned way.

Just looked at the weather for York on Friday......day of Jenny's graduation and its going to be thunder and lightning and downpours........all the carefully picked out mammy type outfits will now be replaced by a bin liner and wellies.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Just quick check in to say good night and well done RC. Have 6 of them staying with me, like a guest house but little ones are lovely. Night everyone.
        Just saw you peeping in.......have you thought about becoming an Airbnb
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hallo hallo -- bring on some storms!! Don't imagine you'd HAVE to go to a 2nd grad would you?
          Think I'll wait till the gange becomes proper legal and bake a few buns:happy2:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Just saw you peeping in.......have you thought about becoming an Airbnb
            I thought and thought and THOUGHT about that... couldn't see the connection -- thought you said 'Arab':welldone:

Comment

@satz123....you're a feisty woman. I reckon you're doing the right thing.........I can hear him now bleating to his neighbours/friends on how the family shut him out.

I've got CBD oil just can't get away with it. Do you know I think I was hoping it would get me 'relax' me in an old-fashioned way.

Just looked at the weather for York on Friday......day of Jenny's graduation and its going to be thunder and lightning and downpours........all the carefully picked out mammy type outfits will now be replaced by a bin liner and wellies.
              Let's hope the weather fella is wrong....
              That's the first thing I thought about the CBD oil too :harhar: Have to see if we can get it here.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                Let's hope the weather fella is wrong....
                That's the first thing I thought about the CBD oil too :harhar: Have to see if we can get it here.
                oh thank gawd I'm not the only bad person

between a 'do' at work that I can't avoid on Friday and Jilly and her 3 'days' I've to help out - my 3 weeks are now tied up in knots... ffs - sod buying a house in Kerry - think I'll head over your direction Bridge - get away from the whole shaggin LOT of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  I thought and thought and THOUGHT about that... couldn't see the connection -- thought you said 'Arab':welldone:
                  Ya daft bugger..........:hahaha:
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; July 25, 2018, 05:55 AM.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hallo hallo -- bring on some storms!! Don't imagine you'd HAVE to go to a 2nd grad would you?
                    Think I'll wait till the gange becomes proper legal and bake a few buns:happy2:
                    Don't have to go but its a free lunch and I want to have wander around York. They have fab farmer's market on a Friday.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

can't see myself putting myself through all that again for Jilly's -- feck that - just got out of babysitting - she can't do the 3 days till after I go back to work -- happy days! norra natural babysitter me!! so now we can go on holliers on Sat!!! yay!!

Comment

Arvo all

Thought I had already checked in but appears I did not. Senility creeping up!

I must admit I am loving this weather. Gorgeous to out in the morning scantily clad and still feel warm. Lovely to look out and see blue sky.

Delighted your new hours suit you Satz, sorry about the bro woes though. That is tough when families dont see eye to eye.

Looking forward to the weekend. Meeting up with Chill for a walk along the river Cam and a coffee in a riverside pub with the doggers. My idea of a good time that is. Satdee we are celebrating the outlaws diamond wedding anni. Married for 60 years what a wonderful achievement

Comment

They have fab farmer's market on a Friday.
                          That sounded like I was going to have throbby over organic courgette.........its full of arts and crafts...........I'm making it worse aren't I

can't see myself putting myself through all that again for Jilly's -- feck that - just got out of babysitting - she can't do the 3 days till after I go back to work -- happy days! norra natural babysitter me!! so now we can go on holliers on Sat!!! yay!!
                          Acyually tbh I want to go. Not only am I amazed at the transformation in her, she seems to have found her niche in science. She can also sing the Periodic Table Song from memory.........The Periodic Table Song - YouTube

Where ya off to this time?

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Arvo all

Thought I had already checked in but appears I did not. Senility creeping up!

I must admit I am loving this weather. Gorgeous to out in the morning scantily clad and still feel warm. Lovely to look out and see blue sky.

Delighted your new hours suit you Satz, sorry about the bro woes though. That is tough when families dont see eye to eye.

Looking forward to the weekend. Meeting up with Chill for a walk along the river Cam and a coffee in a riverside pub with the doggers. My idea of a good time that is. Satdee we are celebrating the outlaws diamond wedding anni. Married for 60 years what a wonderful achievement
                          I've just got to live to be 90 to get that..........or can I include my first marriage years as well.

Joking aside its fabulous. When my in-laws celebrated theirs.........we had a wee tea party and Mr JC took them to the church they were married in, then all along where to used to live and worked.........Mr JC said they sad in the back of the car giggling like a pair of teenagers.

Say hello to Chill for me.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; July 25, 2018, 09:18 AM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I just realized that today marks [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]'s 3 YEAR AF Anniversary and for some dumb reason, I have forgotten how to post a new thread.:sad: Would one of you lovely people please post a new thread marking Nora's achievement? I would be SO grateful!:happy2: Thanks!!!!

Comment

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]..........well done that man. Send your Dad a text full of smilies and memes.
                              Apparently, you have to go way back to when you were a teeny tiny person to work out your sleep patterns. Worth asking your mum and dad. Of course, the alcohol will have fecked them up slightly but those eary days remain.......I'm not a doctor but I had an awfully good psychiatrist who spoke a lot of sense.

Now tell me, Arsey. What exactly is stopping you going completely AF........is it you don't want to admit you're an alcoholic? Still want to be seen as one of the boys? Think people will think less of you if you don't drink? You haven't hit your rock bottom?..............not all of us do. How many times have you taken an 'Am I an Alcohol' test and cheated until you got the right answer? I've done that.

Sorry there was more but I've forgotten as there's a pong of what I can only describe as stale cabbage in the living room, its distracting and I can't fecking find it.
                              I think I was always an early riser - many memories of being a wee kid and being up before everyone else. But also i mind taking hours to get to sleep too when i was wee.

To answer your q's, JC, not sure. To be honest, it's not the thing that most plagues my mind, though cutting down or stopping does take up a bit too much mind-space for what should be healthy.

Sure, i have an aversion to the word alcoholic. But that doesn't take away from the fact that i do readily acknowledge - to myself and on here - that i abuse alcohol - not as badly as I did back in the pre 2012 days when I first joined MWO, but all the same, it can be too much. Perhaps that is a jakey. And that i am doing myself absolutely no favours by continuing to drink as i have done in the past.

As for one of the boys - don't relate to that at all, so it's not that. Indeed when I see 'lads' out drinking, that can be enough to put me off going to a pub.

And while I don't at all think people will think less of me, I do know that for a few close friends (women actually, partly why i've never felt 'one of the lads'... or a lad particularly :haha not to share a drink on those rare occasions we meet I would feel... well, it'd be ok, sure. I just need to get used to it. There is something about the act of sharing a drink with friends. My issue has been that, sadly, this is often my favourite aspect of drinking - the social side - but at some point in the past I began to take it home.

I don't think I have hit rock bottom, but I do know i'm scared of what that might look like/entail.

As for that test... maybe I did one back when I was looking at this site/s initially. Can't remember. Oh yes - CAGE... and I mind yes, to C, a bit of G and no to A and E.

As for the pong - did ya find the source?!

Comment

just saw on nora's thread that it's a coupla days yet Rusty - we'll be all round for the congrats for sure!!!
                                Evening all

Comment

Working...
                                X