Clear All

Re: July Army Manoeuvres

Joe is WRECKING my head and I'm telling him:applouse:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      WTF you gettin' up at 5 for D'Arsey ? That's the middle of the night.
      I like your supervisor - I like irreverence
      11pm is the middle of the night for me :haha: Yep... think you and her have similar temperaments!

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Yes but isn't it great when people ( like you just did) see past the 'shell' that is their old bodies - inside its all the same really just a bit jumbled:hug:
      Reminds me of some buddhist teachings - the body as a shell, and not to so 'attached' to it (in that vain kinda way) (that sadly i am too inclined to do) (NOT in that "my body is a temple"... it's more a tent than a temple :haha

I've realised that the person I am on here is the REAL me.
      I think the REAL me goes to work too.
      But :
      Mr S is down there but when we talk it will be so superficial -
      I'll meet my sister later and that will be the same.

Just in a 'vacant or pensive mood' - 'cos, like D'Arsey - I can ....
      As for real me... dunno where that is... one thing I was doodling yesterday is the idea that there's two kinds of "head shit" we have to deal with... and what I personally find is that the darker, unrevealed head shit takes up so much head space preventing more time for the other "good" or "normal/practical" head shit. I.e. everyday stuff.

I tried to do a doodle of it: head case-page-001.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post

Reminds me of some buddhist teachings - the body as a shell, and not to so 'attached' to it (in that vain kinda way) (that sadly i am too inclined to do) (NOT in that "my body is a temple"... it's more a tent than a temple :haha
        Not just buddhists RC - I have believed the same for many years. The body is just a shell to house the 'real' person. The soul ? The essence ? :egad:
        Even the Catholic religion says the same but we STILL mourn when the person dies and 'goes to heaven' - even if their life here was HELL and full of pain - why ?
        Not to be all 'drama queen ' about it but .... It was when my father was being lowered into the grave 37 years ago that it hit me. He's gone somewhere - that's not him !!
        I find it very comforting .... that maybe the spirit lives on ?

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post

I tried to do a doodle of it: [ATTACH=CONFIG]4328[/ATTACH]
          Right Mr D'Arsey time to get that head sorted..... get a plan ..... and I'll be watching you.
          First is bloods.
          Second talk to someone professional that can help you clear all the 'fuzz' and advise on steps to take .........
          I've just discovered my health insurance covers 6 free counselling sessions - and I'm gonna avail of them soon to help detach from others' shite.
          DD did it and swears by it.

Comment

- but I've very few people in my life - but anyone who is - I'm generally fairly open with them - whether they like it or not!!!!
            :egad:
            you actually could not do that 'round my lot.
            It's taken as aggression or as 'bratishness'. DD calls me on it when I dare to question the status quo.
            Last edited by satz123; July 26, 2018, 04:44 AM.

Comment

:egad:
              you actually could not do that 'round my lot.
              It's taken as aggression or as 'bratishness'. DD calls me on it when I dare to question the status quo.
              Errrrmmmm well you still HAVE a lot! Why dya think I don't talk to mine:happy2: can't just CAN'T ABIDE shite drama or falseness and neither will.i!!!

Comment

My kids and long suffering spouse seem to like me so I'll settle for that:yay:

Oh and young Arsey - you think very deeply - maybe don't agonize so much? You're a lovely smart funny young man - accept that and appreciate it ??? Xxxx

Comment

My kids and long suffering spouse seem to like me so I'll settle for that:yay:
                  Not sure mine do :haha:
                  I do think grandchildren make a difference - I think they see one in a whole other light. The softness comes back maybe ?

I know I have grown hard edges having nothing to hug here - that is why I love my job.
                  Gonna get a dog ..........
                  Last edited by satz123; July 26, 2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Morning Army brats
                    Did big LONG day in work yesterday so off today :hyper:
                    Had 2 runaways - :egad: they get it into their heads they can just walk out & go home. Once that seed is planted they are devious and impossible to keep an eye on.
                    The facility likes the residents to feel ' at home' but doors wide open on a sunny day is very tempting.
                    These are all strong independant women like us who have raised their kids - large families - in some cases - so that streak of 'I can do this' is still there.
                    Sad really that the body lets them down
                    Love that !! Grannies on the run and you have the job of rounding them up. Must be like herding kittens

Comment

I've realised that the person I am on here is the REAL me.
                      I think the REAL me goes to work too.
                      But :
                      Mr S is down there but when we talk it will be so superficial -
                      I'll meet my sister later and that will be the same.

Just in a 'vacant or pensive mood' - 'cos, like D'Arsey - I can ....
                      I get that. I think for me, the real me lives in my head but I quite like it there

Comment

RC that is a lot of shite to carry round. I have had counselling and I guess it did help. Another thing I did is write stuff down and set fire to it. Bit more dangerous than counselling in my case :haha: Somehow though, you need to lighten your load. Drinking just numbs it for a while and it comes up again and again. But you know that Im sure.

Comment

I think if we 'put away' stuff that happened in the past - it will come back and bite us on the bum - It's not as big a deal by any stretch as what others have put up with in their past - but I buried the bullying I got in boarding school and the related hurts I felt as in my family not doing anything about it etc etc.. but when I faced it in treatment I realised then what a huge deal it was to me - but when I 'faced' it - it became less huge - it was a good thing for me

Comment

Evening,
                            Wondering just how many of us were bullied? What makes a bully?

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]......was having a ruminate and was wondering if you'd ever thought of SMART recovery. .........its going great guns around here........Introducing SMART – UK SMART Recovery
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

When are you doing your trip to Dublin Jacks? You'll need to gather the troops!!

Comment

When are you doing your trip to Dublin Jacks? You'll need to gather the troops!!
                                Sat 6th Oct to 8th Oct.

Got a lovely dress for the do tomorrow. It was only £15 in Primark.........its yellow and stripey and Mr JC said............ooh that's lovely just like a deck-chair.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X