Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Manoeuvres

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
    Good night all. Just a quick check in to say still here with full house. Some leaving tomorrow but more coming Sunday . Going on holiday Wednesday and may not have WiFi so could be off the radar for few weeks. Wish Stirly would check in, horrific what happened with the fires, hope she’s safe.
    You probably need the break Rustop - where are you off to?
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      only ever used it to make toffee --
      I was actually thinking what was she doing with the Dyson ? Making toffee ? Yep I'm that thick :haha:
      Last edited by satz123; July 28, 2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] looks absolutely brilliant.
        Wales is beautiful .... was there too when the kids were small - in a holiday home in Tenby - loved it !

Comment

Morning!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
            Awwwwwww she is adorable ! I will try my damdest to upload a pic of my boys. I have 2, a lurcher and retriever. I do not like vacumming so the coat comes off [ATTACH=CONFIG]4330[/ATTACH]

Oh the puppers! Do you have them clipped summer and winter? It's tempting. God there is dog hair EVERYWHERE here.
            Dyson cordless is OK but I need a bit more power for the amount of dog hair here.
            Morning All!
            I just spent Saturday binging Mindhunter. Very good.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning - - off to work :horse:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                Oh the puppers! Do you have them clipped summer and winter? It's tempting. God there is dog hair EVERYWHERE here.
                Dyson cordless is OK but I need a bit more power for the amount of dog hair here.
                Morning All!
                I found binging on box sets a life saver in the early days Bridge.

Comment

Good morning,
                  Spectacular lightning storms last night.............just as we thought one was over another started. Rain stotting of the pavements............and this morning outside smells fresher and its so much cooler..........although by Tuesday being typical Brits we'll be moaning about where the sun has gone.

Oh god, the humiliation of the skirt in knickers walk.
                  Another one...........a long piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe after using a public convenience. Every one has seen it apart from you.

I remember have condensed milk sandwiches.
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; July 28, 2018, 04:19 AM.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning All!

Morning all!

The retriever summer and winter. He never gets cold and if he does he hops into bed with me The lurcher has very thin coat and wears pyjamas and a parka in winter. He still feels the cold and needs tucking up with a blankie some nights or he wont sleep

Wont bother with the dyson then as it doesnt seem man enough!

I hate it when you feel air on bear skin and you realise something is undone, tucked in or torn

Off to diamond wedding celebs now!

Comment

Morning All!

Morning all!

The retriever summer and winter. He never gets cold and if he does he hops into bed with me The lurcher has very thin coat and wears pyjamas and a parka in winter. He still feels the cold and needs tucking up with a blankie some nights or he wont sleep

Wont bother with the dyson then as it doesnt seem man enough!

I hate it when you feel air on bear skin and you realise something is undone, tucked in or torn

Off to diamond wedding celebs now!

Comment

I must admit, I do enjoy the heat. Praps not quite so hot but better than cold !

Comment

Condensed milk is yum. In mexico we used to have something called cajetha which is literally burnt milk but is absolutely delish and if I can ever get it or someone brings me some I am in heaven. Same consistency as condensed

Comment

Good morning Troopers!!

Thank you all for your concern and I apologize for not checking in earlier. Things have been a bit hectic here, to say the least. After the fires, we had flash flooding in suburbs not too far from here. Luckily, we were not affected by either the fires or the torrential rains except that a friend of mine had some of his crops washed out but that is very minor compared to what some people have lost. Absolutely tragic. At one point on Monday the fire reached the street Mr. Stirly lives on (where I used to live!) and was stopped by a helicopter dumping water on the garden back of the house across the street. A short way up the street, the little country road where I used to walk my dogger has been burned on both sides of the road. There are about 9 houses down the length of the road and unfortunately that last two were burned. Summer homes owned by elderly folk who, luckily were not home. A house about 30 metres up the street was surrounded by fire in the adjacent lots but the neighbours managed to douse the flames by about 4 am. They started up again the next day and again on Wednesday. The area that was affected the most is between 1 and 5 kilometres from Mr. Stirly's building. Just horrific. About 1000 houses burned and over 100 people dead. Many are still missing. The area where the fires did the most damage is a heavily wooded area and the houses are built beneath the pine trees. The streets are narrow, with cars parked along the side, and many of them are dead-end streets. This means that it was very difficult and in many cases impossible for the fire trucks to be able to get to the areas to douse the fires. People tried to flee in their cars resulting in traffic jams and then abandoned their cars to flee to safety. Hundreds of cars burned as well. There was another fire at the same time near where I now live but luckily it was about 500M away and the winds were blowing the fire in the other direction. All in all, a very scary time. Then, as I said, we got torrential rains on Thursday in parts of the city which resulted in flash flooding. Basement apartments and underground garages, etc. filled with water within minutes. Luckily there were no victims although there was a lot of damage there as well. A very sad time for Greece. Summer has not been kind to us this year.

Mary, glad you had a good time in Wales.

Bridge - congrats on your continued AF time.

Molls - hope you enjoy your time off.

Satzy - hope things are better in your world.

Arsey - great job on the dissertation! Never did get back to you on the subject of it!

Rusty - have a great time on your vacation!

Starty - hope you enjoy your time with Chill!

Jackie - lovely to hear of the graduation. You must be so proud! Good for our girl!!

Hello to anyone I've not mentioned. My mind is not the best these days with so much going on. Feeling a little overwhelmed at times. In the middle of all of what's going on around us, we have this huge project we've undertaken installing window films and the weather has not been so cooperative. It has rained more this summer than it usually does in the winter in Greece. You'd think we were in Engerland!! And DIL #2 is making demands on and playing little mind games with younger son while he's trying to coordinate all he needs to for this project. Sometimes it makes me wonder how the human mind works!!

Hope you all have a great weekend and that your weather is better than ours. I had hoped to go to the beach today for a couple of hours but the clouds gathering have other plans for me, I guess.

Last edited by stirly-girly; July 28, 2018, 05:05 AM.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              I remember have condensed milk sandwiches.
                              Wot's a condensed milk sandwich????

Hiya Starty - enjoy the anniversary celebrations!!

Loved the doggie pics, BTW - both yours and Bridge's. Beautiful pups!!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]......so glad you checked..I'm becoming less and less a fan of the media so its great to hear it from someone who was on the ground so to speak ....absolute tragedy.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X