July Army Manoeuvres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Manoeuvres

Part of me canny be arsed! Then look at sofas!
    BUY the feckin' sofa RC. :hyper:
    I know Scotsmen are as renowned for 'thriftiness' as the Irish are for drinking ..... but ......... you only live once - so make it as comfy as possible I say.

Comment

oh ps
      I am now the proud owner of a pencil and a coloured name ....... my life is complete :welldone:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Good to see you back Bridge, had a Goldie so know exactly what you are on about. Now where is JC, hope she’s o.k. Get the sofa RC, think of it as being part of your self care. Hope the lecky is back Molly, it’s amazing how lost we are without it. Have been blessed all week that our water was not turned off, had 10 people staying over the course of the week!. It was grand, did good few bbq’s, threw pizza bases and bowls of stuff on table and let them make their own. Much more relaxed than I used to be.

Glad your first day back went ok Mary. I’m finishing up at lunch time today and flying tomorrow. Looking forward to it, feel I need the break :happy2: I’ll check in if I can and if not I’ll be back in 2 weeks.

Comment

going away on bike couple days should be in touch --adios amigos :happy2:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            going away on bike couple days should be in touch --adios amigos :happy2:
            Enjoy.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I didn't go far.........actually logged in a few times but just couldn't think of anything to say.

You know when I said it was a bit too peoply out there..........well life got a bit lifey. Culminating in our eldest niece going missing on Friday. If anyone's got me on FB you'll have seen the post...........anyway she was found by the police and brought home Saturday evening. Still don't know the full details but it was a gut wrenchingly worrying time.
              I'm so looking forward to August. Honestly for someone like me who tries and tries to be optimistic........... July has been shit, apart from Jenny graduating.

Still got the consultant to see Friday. Not worried about the health side just more about whether he/she will pat me on the head condescendingly and tell me to put on weight and run along home to the kitchen.........luckily Mr JC's coming in with me because I know I'll sit there like a nodding dog agreeing to anything and everything just to get away. Bless him he's been at the sharp end of my moods and tears.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                I didn't go far.........actually logged in a few times but just couldn't think of anything to say.

You know when I said it was a bit too peoply out there..........well life got a bit lifey. Culminating in our eldest niece going missing on Friday. If anyone's got me on FB you'll have seen the post...........anyway she was found by the police and brought home Saturday evening. Still don't know the full details but it was a gut wrenchingly worrying time.
                I'm so looking forward to August. Honestly for someone like me who tries and tries to be optimistic........... July has been shit, apart from Jenny graduating.

Still got the consultant to see Friday. Not worried about the health side just more about whether he/she will pat me on the head condescendingly and tell me to put on weight and run along home to the kitchen.........luckily Mr JC's coming in with me because I know I'll sit there like a nodding dog agreeing to anything and everything just to get away. Bless him he's been at the sharp end of my moods and tears.

ach I know that feeling Jax, when all seems to be shit. I do hope August is a better month for you. Sorry about your Niece I do hope all is well there.

If the consultant is horrible, bark back and have what you want to say written down. There is a protocol that they have to adhere to and I am sure bedside manner is part of it

Enjoy yer break molls and Rusty

Get the sofa RC

Comment

Evening,
                  [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]............I'll have my lists and my 6'4" lawyer with me
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well, there's an hour I'll never get back. A programme about the Vikings landing at Lindisfarne in 793AD.......I have seen better done by a year one class at our local infant's school.

Looks like I killed the thread, again.
                    Last edited by JackieClaire; July 31, 2018, 03:15 PM.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Well, there's an hour I'll never get back. A programme about the Vikings landing at Lindisfarne in 793AD.......I have seen better done by a year one class at our local infant's school.

Looks like I killed the thread, again.
                      Kids love the vikings. Often better than any TV re-enactment. Did it with my probationary class back in 2015, I took all the lessons 'in role' dressed up as a Viking, and they were my wee viking recruits. Planning our pillaging and plundering and pilfering!

Bought the sofa. Bit of an impulse... kinda old looking, but thought a couple of throws on it would look good. Was £150, reduced to £95 (it's second hand). The guy said he'd sell it to me for £75 including delivery!

And bought my Molls a cat-hammock - not sure she'll use it, but there are scratch posts, which she needs as the others are threadbare. So she'll be on her hammock as I'm slouching on me sofa and we'll be slovenly sloths, satisfied and content.

JC - hope all is fine with your niece. Must have been a very worrying few hours, but glad she's home. And tomorrow being August, i hope it brings a more settled/contented month.
                      Last edited by RunningCourage; July 31, 2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Evening,
                        Enjoy the break away Molly and Rustop.

Bridge, whats the craic with the shit job, do they pay you millions so you cant leave?

JC, youve had a rough few month all right. Whats are you seeing the consultant for on Friday? Good call to bring reinforcements.

We've let our garden get out of control, finally got Mr M to agree to get it sorted. Had a man with a tractor in all day, need tree surgeons and ground flattners (insert correct term). Skip arrives this week, its all action.

:yay: for the man sofa!
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I apologise as my head as been all over the place.
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............just a follow up to make sure I'm still standing and can close the file. Thing is I also feel I should raise some issues with the treatment........obviously I know they're run off their feet but I was scared to death............the best I can think of at the moment is to put it into writing.....funny thing is not a thought of a drink but 20 Benson & Hedges seemed delicious but I'd have looked tragic puffing away outside attached to a drip. Prolly would have had my nightie tucked into my knickers at the same time.

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]..........wish I could have been there. Vikings have fascinated since I was a very little girl. I still want to grow up to be a shield maiden.

Jenny was always fascinated ( and still is) by Grace Darling and the daring rescue at Seahouses. Her and a pal could do a rather good and tragic reconstruction in the living room.

I want a skip and a new settee and a new back door.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; July 31, 2018, 05:53 PM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Man sofa and cat hammock. What a perfect combo for relaxing times

Mary your project sounds like fun! We had a man come and sort out our garden a month ago getting rid if weeds and cutting hedges etc. Trouble is it needs doing again now. Will have to get him back for part 2! He was lovely and spent quite a while playing with my lurcher (retriever would only look at him through the door)

Jax do not apologise for all over the placed ness. Not surprising with what you've been through. Good job in not picking up B & H.

Counting down for the weekend. Last weekend was so busy I felt as if I didnt have one. I really need lots of me time to chill and reboot. If I dont get it it leaves me out of sorts. Next weekend I have NOTHING planned and looking forward to it. Mr S off to a gig in Wales again so its just me and my boys and Netflix. Perfect

Comment

Morning Army brats :checkin:

Jacks - sorry for all the turmoil in your life recently.
                              I would definitely get off your chest what you think of how you were treated - in a letter.
                              Then you have written evidence and you should demand a response.

Comment

Still away - obviously missed something big- can't find it on this little phone hope all ok back later!
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X