One Step at a Time - September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Liz,scary about the goiter,is it thyroid related? Glad they caught it in time,had a rough day and went and bought beers I know,I know so odd how I haven't even thought of boozing since the 4th of July and today boom! No excuse and I'm sure I'll hear some shite from hubs,,damn
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aww Pauly:hug:

Comment

Pauly - :heartbeat:
        You had a good almost 3 months. So, you have today and then stop. No more and no excuses to continue drinking tomorrow. Nothing to take the edge off.
        You will be fine. Hang in there.
        Last edited by NoraC; September 21, 2018, 07:22 PM.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Getting ready to head out for a few hours. Have a great day.
          Pauly
          pauly- you doing ok today?
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I had one tall Diet Coke today. But, I didn't buy any to bring home.

What is everyone up to today?

Bird - you must be busy with all the activities with the girls this weekend.

Somehow our wires got crossed with Visiting Angels so after waiting for over an hour this morning, I called them. I got a call back and they didn't have us down. So, I texted my son & my niece and said we were leaving Mom here, that we were monitoring her with the camera and if something happened to us that one of them needed to go get Grandma. So, we were gone for a couple of hours but it's nerve wracking. Mom just sat in her chair the whole time and dozed. So, it all worked out fine.

Pauly - I've been thinking about you. How you doing today? Beer all gone, I'm sure. :hug:

Liz - how did they find the goiter? Have you been feeling bad? Do you have thyroid problems? I've been on thyroid medicine for longer than I can remember. I'm sorry about the sadness but I understand. It hurts - it definitely hurts for a long time. :hug:

Glassie - are you recovered from your holiday? You must be busy giving HRH hugs after being gone for so long.

Rusty - what was your big excitement today?
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora,I'm ok,,I think? Jeez nothing comes good out of drinking of course I didn't do anything crazy,didnt fight,didn't drive,didn't do anything,,,,,but I pissed myself off more than I pissed off anyone else and I think that's even worse.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                Boy am I beat. Got in late from the game last night and then out first thing this morn and going all day. Had a good time though. Now just sitting around reading. Nora, that must be stressful to watch that camera. I had a diet coke today and tea too. Think I'm gonna strt on decaf when I run out, and then go from there...Pauly, sorry about the beer. Hope today was ok....put out some bowls of water near the bird feeders. It is so dry out. Hoping to see one of them take a bath. The cats watch too...

Comment

Hello everyone!
                  [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I went to my gyn and she just routinely checked. She asked if I had been diagnosed with goiter and suggested I follow up with my pcp.
                  I feel fine, so I was surprised. Haven't had blood work in a couple of years, so I should get it checked out. Just need to find a doctor here, not using anyone from where I used to work, I looked it up and it doesn't sound too terrible, but I can take a diagnosis and run with it.
                  Glad you were able to get out for awhile, but I can imagine that's nerve racking. Friends of mine used to watch his mom on camera while they worked.
                  [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I think it's great that your so busy with the games right now. Enjoy! I was just thinking today how much I enjoy September especially football season!
                  [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, how are you feeling today? Yep, I know that pissed off feeling all too well. Don't dwell on it, just move on. You had me laughing with the phone booth pic and not touching it.
                  [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], would love to hear more about the place you stayed in Illinois. Like I said I love Chicago and plan on getting back there someday.
                  GLassie, how's it going on your side of the world. I thought of you today as I used my Australia dish towel. My in laws gave it to us when they visited years back. Maybe someday, we'll get there.
                  DId some cleaning and reorganizing today. Cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and took out a martini glass and some wine glasses I had on display. Done with that stuff. Putting it aside for a future garage sale. I feel good about that, like I'm really finally done. Walked a lot today, temperature was just perfect. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I bought a Kringle from Wisconsin at trader Joes. OMG! Delicious. Do you know what those are? I think eating it undid all the walking:egad:
                  Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday!

Comment

Well, Pauly. Like I said, you had a very good, long stretch. You drank one day. You know that's now what you want so you stopped. One day of a bad decision certainly doesn't ruin the great momentum you have going right now. :yay:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Liz - I didn't see your post. I don't think a goiter is that serious. :hug: I hope you can find a Doctor that you like.
                      I had to look up what a kringle was but yummy!
                      I think it is so cute that the construction workers stop and talk to Logan. That made my heart smile.
                      Funny that you mentioned the martini glasses, etc. I had just told hubby recently that I was going to offer some of my keepsakes to all the kids (my son and nieces and nephew). I have some glassware that was wedding gifts to my parents. I think one is a decanter set...I'm really not sure. And I have some really pretty colored martini glasses. I have had it in my hutch for years but I brought home other keepsakes that mean more to me. I'd rather have those memories on display.

Well, we (meaning hubby) drained the pool and disassembled most of the posts. We had a heck of a time this year and we never have before but it was like the plastic had stuck to the poles. So, there are 2 or 3 foot poles and no way to twist them to loosen it up. We finally took chopsticks and stuck down next to the pole and loosened it bit by bit. Got it done.

I have found the hot tub I'm going to get. I think hubby is frowning on the whole thing but dang it, I'm going to do it. :rant: I mean seriously, why should he be upset. Just because he'll be the one setting it up and taking care of all the maintenance. I mean seriously, what does he have to complain about? :nocomment::harhar:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone! I am going to church today with my mom and then we are watching the Packer game together. I have some work to do before I leave tomorrow for a 4-day business trip in Central Wisconsin.

Pauly-too bad about the beer.:hug: It seems that when you cave to beer, that it is on your day off....on Friday. Do you think it would help you if you had firm plans in place on your day off so that you can take your mind off AL? I really get it, though. I used to get a f*ck it attitude on the weekend because I was trying not to think about the week ahead and I felt overwhelmed by my work responsibilities. So glad you are safe and back here with us.:love: LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rasta pics of Romeo and Lou on FB.
                        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], Liz-of course I know what a kringle is! HAHAHAH! I've been eating them for about 55 years. :-) The BEST kringle is the Racine Kringle. Racine is a city an hour east from here. I really do like Chicago...the opera, the shopping, Shedd Aquarium. I am just sick of the long commutes to Chi town for work. I stayed at A Loft... it is a funky, hipster hotel that has a big bar and eating area as you walk in, and then there is a wonderful outdoor space with big, comfy chaises where you can eat or drink any time of day. The rooms have really modern features and it was a nice change from Hilton Garden Inn rooms (love them but oh so predictable). The hotel has a nice pool and fitness room, too.

Nora-how are you doing on kicking your Diet Coke habit? I think it is WONDERFUL that you are getting a hot tub. GEEZ...you deserve some relaxation.
                        Just because he'll be the one setting it up and taking care of all the maintenance. I mean seriously, what does he have to complain about?
                        :sohappy: I laughed so hard when I saw this post.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-So glad you enjoyed the game....and how kind of you to think of your parched birds suffering in the heat of the south.

Glassie-my friend Jacque is engaged to a wonderful man from Australia. They take turns going back and forth from Oz to Wisconsin. I don't think I will ever get there but "Crocodile Dundee" is one of my favorite movies. LOL. Sending lots of love to you from Wisconsin.

OK kids, I have got to get moving. I hope we all have a wonderful AF Sunday and early Monday morning for our beloved Dr. Glassy.
                        Last edited by Rusty; September 23, 2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Good morning and happy Sunday. Woke up and it's kinda cool today. Feels like fall is here. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], that loft hotel sounds lovely and different. I'm glad you were able to mix it up a little and enjoy your stay this time. Wow, do you have Hilton honors? You could book yourself into a nice hotel for free someplace that's not work! I'm sure you'd much rather stay at home though.
                          yes, this Kringle is from Racine Wisconsin! It's pumpkin Carmel and while I'm enjoying it, I prefer just the regular one. Enjoy the packers game. I will be watching a game today too
                          What's everyone else up to today?

Comment

Hi all,
                            Just saying hi cuz I've been tired today and killing ants..watching tv...b

Comment

Hi everyone. It's been a bit of a do nothing day. Nothing big, just mainly reading a book Elizabeth is Missing. I just can't put it down.

Hubby's Sister and BIL will be here tomorrow. The kids will be coming over with the baby. My SIL has been dying to come down to see Savannah.

Hope everyone has had a relaxing weekend.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!!!

I am in a rush....as usual, but I just wanted to pop in and say Hello and remind all my friends here that we all need to practice self-care. I haven't and I am going to, dang it!!!! Drinking gets us absolutely NOWHERE...all it does it take away our motivation to accomplish tasks or have fun. AL's depressant nature is so much powerful than we know. I want all of us to get the best out of today because we are so worth it.:heartbeat:

Happy AF Monday to all!

Comment

Working...
                                X