• Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Happy whatever day it is. :yay:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy belated birthday Bird!! Hope everyone has a great whatever day this is
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hellooooooo!!!!

I am almost done with work and then I have a 3-hour ride home. So glad I will be home tomorrow. There's no place like home.....there's no place like home. LOL. My self-care this week has been two consecutive nights of 7-8 hrs. of sleep and daily exercise. :-0)
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!:happy2: I wanted to ask you if you will be continuing to see your AL counselor? I am glad I went to a therapist but I did not keep up with it for long. The sessions were $146 for 50 minutes and she was a good hour away. Welding is a tough profession...wow....is there anything else you would like to pursue? I love the idea of minnows and goldfish in the kiddie pool! :-)

Liz-how was the county festival? When is your niece getting married? I saw in THE FIX that Fortnite addiction has been the leading cause of divorces in the UK! That blew me away.

Hello to Nora, Pauly, Glassie, and anyone I missed....BIG HELLOOSSS....At work so must get back to it. Happy AF Thursday to all!

Comment

Hi all, the food festival was lots of fun. Logan was feeling much better. He's supposed to be napping right now but I hear him calling! Here I thought I had some time, sigh. I'll be back

Comment

Hi all.

Liz - the food festival sounds fun. Glad that Logan is feeling better.

Glassie - are you feeling better yet? Sad that you get sick everytime you travel. Probably because you're always on the go so much that when you go on vacation, your body doesn't know what's happening.

Rusty - glad that you're going to be home tomorrow. You're right there is no place like home.

Had to take a break. Mom got up to the restroom so I ran around and closed all the blinds to make it look dark. Trying to get her to go to bed now even though it's only 6:45. We shall see if she heads to her room after the restroom or not. LOL

Bird - I bought my spa today. I'll let you know how it is. I woke up and decided that dang it, I'm going to buy it. I hit checkout on Amazon and they don't deliver it here. I tried 3 different delivery addresses. Then, I went to Wal-Mart and tried. Wouldn't go thru either. I tried 2 or 3 times. I started looking at pool stores in my area and almost bought one but wanted to look around some more. All of a sudden I notice an e-mail from Wal-Mart that my order had shipped! I was scared that I had bought more than one. But luckily it all worked out.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
              Hope everyone has a great whatever day this is
              I really couldn't remember what day it was and I was trying to post really quick. :rotlf:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just a couple of hours later and I'm back. Went out to dinner with a dear friend tonight and just enjoyed a lovely evening.
                Bird, happy belated birthday! The fish sound like a great idea!
                RUsty, I m happy for you going home. I'm glad you got good exercise and sleep. I'm sure it feels great. We have not heard anything further about my niece Ks engagement. The set a date of 9/1/19 and took some engagement photos. K asked my BIL for addresses to send ou save the dates. He told her he'd have to discuss it with mom (sissy) and that's where we've hit a stalemate. K told BIL she doesn't want her mom (sissy) at the wedding. BIL is opposed to this relationship but beats around the bush and just puts discussing things off. So we wait for this to unfold. K says sissy is the whole problem. We shall see.
                NOra, I'm a little worried about you, you've been quiet, I read your blog and know things are difficult for you. Sending you :hug:h. Is there anything I can do to help? Just know I'm here if you need me for anything.
                Waves Pauly, glassie and everyone else, hope your all doing ok

Comment

Found another good one and we don't need to wait until Monday. Let's start today.

Last edited by NoraC; September 27, 2018, 09:38 PM.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - so glad that you went out with your friend. I am sorry to hear about your niece. Did she move out or is she still living in your sister's house?

I'm doing ok. Thanks for asking. I've been having a lot of pain from the fibromyalgia so I haven't been feeling very perky. But, I finally broke down and started taking Lyrica last night and will take it for a few days to see if I have any improvement.
                    Can't remember if I told you about when I was giving mom her bed bath the other night. She asked me if I went around and did that for everyone. :rotlf:
                    As long as I'm just talking about myself......I am trying not to project my expectations on other people. But.........I guess I'll just let it out instead of trying to hold it in. My brother is on his way home from Oregon to Louisiana. He drove all the way down California and got in late and stayed at his friends house last night (about half an hour away). I 'expected' him to come visit mom. She wouldn't know him but just for his own peace of mind. So, I was sad for a bit because I couldn't understand how he could do that. She is going to be 91 next month. He won't be back until the Spring.
                    But, we are different people and we have to handle situations the way it works for us. So, I'm better now.
                    On a funny note, I just went in the restroom and reached for the soap in the dark. It was a wet wadded up bunch of kleenex or toilet paper :eeew: LOL
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                      Nora, maybe it pains your brother to see your Mom or he doesn't know how to act. Hard to know what people are thinking about stuff. Glad you went ahead with the spa. Let us know how it is...Rusty, hope your drive went well. I like to take audiobooks when I drive. I will probably not continue with the counselor. I just run out of stuff to say. As for my next job idk. Maybe something in music. ....Lizann, glad the food thing was fun. Sorry for all the stuff going on with niece.....went yest to measure band kids again. They can't go to the football game because they can't get any buses to take them. DD2 was ticked off about it and wants to write a letter to somebody as this happened before. Kids work hard and then can't go perform the halftime show. I told her when I was a kid if we wanted to go to the away games we had to drive ourselves. But that was the 70's mom, she says:happy2: hahah...anyway, thought I might drive up to the mountains today and spend the night. Not sure yet, maybe 2-3 hours to get to the good parts. Finally got some rain, a funny tree blooming in the yard, pretty pink and white. I thought it was a fig tree but looked online and its not....maybe I will post it on fb and someone will know...later

Comment

Only 2 more years :sad: only 2 more years
                        Its really sad to feel this unappreciated after 41 years
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, I felt the same way at work. I had a nightmare about the place the other night.I was back to building damned mufflers...maybe something will happen to give you a break. I always kept my hopes up. I worked in that place on and off(mostly on) from 1980 to 3 or 4 months ago. Long time to work under poor management. Sending hugs...was on the interstate earlier and a slight drizzle. A car went by me and spun 3 times , went in the ditch and hit a sign. I pulled over, but they seemed ok and had their phones out so I went on. They were spinning like it was ice...later

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I'm so sorry about work! Just think about how long you've already been there and how quickly that time has gone. Two years will go quickly, I promise! About your brother, I think maybe bird is right. Maybe he's afraid to see her that way. I know someone here told me that about hubby not going to see my dad. I never thought of it that way, but I believe it. I loved your self caring pic Nora! Doesn't need to be anything big, just little things sometimes. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], hope you enjoy your weekend away. How scary with that car spinning. That could've ended very differently! How sad, there were no buses for the band. I know back in my day the band just played home games, for that reason. I know exactly what you mean about not having anything to say to the therapist anymore. I never did get any real benefit from it. I thought maybe I was just doing wrong, if that's possible.
                            Not a bad day for me. Not used to working Friday's anymore and I don't love it, but whatever. Working half day again tomorrow. Going to take a little bit of time to adjust to a new schedule.
                            What's everyone up to this weekend?

Comment

Bird - so scary about the car. Glad it wasn't worse than that. Glad it didn't spin into you! Yes, I can imagine you would have nightmares about your old job!
                              That is really a drag that the kids didn't have a bus to get to the game.
                              Yeah - I know what you mean about your therapist. Sometimes I felt like I got a lot out of it but quite often, it was just a waste of time and money.

Liz - you all are right about my brother just not feeling comfortable around mom. I don't think he is at all really. But, he had just seen her a month or so ago so it's fine.
                              Do they change the work schedule often? Sorry you aren't thrilled with your hours. Do you have big plans for the weekend?

How is everyone else doing? Rusty, Pauly, Glassie and everyone who stops by.........

Had a crappy day as you all know and then came home to an extremely irritable husband. I've about had enough of him for the day to be honest. He was starting to set up the hot tub and just everything is negative and bugging him. I just want him to go in the other room and leave me alone for awhile. We have a caretaker coming at 8:00 am and now I don't even feel like going out with him. He'd better wake up in a better mood. Sigh.........

Ok - enough negative. Let's all have a wonderful weekend. Don't forget to practice some self care. :yay:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora - you lovely, sweet person.

You are doing so much for everyone and you deserve to be taken care of for a change. I wish I was a bit closer ......

L G xxxxx
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X