One Step at a Time - September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Liz - is it part day that you work today? How many hours are you working a week?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi lovely Stepper friends.
      A quick post from Africa, just so you know I miss you all.
      I had an amazing time in Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia - seeing so many elephants, giraffes, lions, zebra, crocodiles and hippos.

inkele: inkele: inkele: inkele:

Then a few days here in Capetown where I finally have internet access again.
      Tomorrow I'm off to a game reserve near Kruger National park for a few days, then home by about the 15th (I think).
      Talk soon!
      xx
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
        Hubby is all into pulling out the Halloween decorations. It is not like a nice display of Autumn. I'm talking that I'm going to have Scarecrows and Ghosts and Witches and scary props around for the next 6 weeks. :rotlf: It makes him happy.
        I read something awhile ago (on Nasty Twitter of all places) that really struck me. I tend to wonder about (judge :shame people when they are over-the-top into particular holiday decorations or pumpkin spice EVERYTHING or are crazy about a sports team or whatever but this tweet said: why not let people find joy wherever possible when it doesn't hurt anyone else? Especially in times like these, which are very difficult, we should all go for whatever makes us happy - I think your husband is on the right track!! And - no longer being critical, even though only in my head, has made me feel better. I even feel kind of happy for the people enjoying the things I used to judge. So, I guess twitter can be good for something! Have a good weekend, steppers, and thanks for the mentions, [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]. xx

Comment

HI everyone! GLassie, your trip sounds amazing so far! You're sounding wonderful and I'm sure enjoying it all! [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I don't get intothe whole Halloween thing, but good for you're hubby if he does. Like NS says, if it makes you happy, why not?
          Yes Saturday's are half days. I work about 20 hours a week. Would love a bit more, but whatever.
          Today is Marks birthday and I miss him. Can't believe he's 25!

Comment

Hi all,
            Nora, I used to like Halloween but find it kinda creepy these days....what music were you listening to?....Glassie, hope you are taking some pics for us...glad you are seeing so much wildlife......Lizann, happy bday to Mark....had a rough afternoon and wanted to drink. Ended up cleaning like crazy. My new glasses came in today so that was nice...thinking of leaving the cats inside tonight. There was a big tom in the yard this morning. Also saw another visitor to the yard dead in the road. A siamese, very pretty. Hope my cats havent been going down there. They don't really like staying in much and will run around and meow at 3 a.m.....gonna watch some tv....

Comment

We have always enjoyed Halloween and made a big thing out of it. Poor hubby was so sad today because Abbie got into the box while it was sitting outside and got the big blow up spider. She chewed up the blowhole so we can't blow it up. Just a stupid thing but we've had it for 30 years. LOL

I'm with you on if it makes you happy. I think it was so sweet that you celebrated with Mark long distance. Wow, 25! Your baby is growing up.

Glassie - I was so happy to see your post. You sound wonderful. What an amazing adventure. Continue having a wonderful time and we can't wait to hear all about it!
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - great job on getting past the craving! It always helps to think it thru. :yay:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - I was listening to 70's Folk music station on amazon. Some of the songs that I heard really thru me back into my teenage years. LOL

Rusty - I guess that you are having a wonderful dinner party now. I hope you enjoy.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    I read something awhile ago (on Nasty Twitter of all places) that really struck me. I tend to wonder about (judge :shame people when they are over-the-top into particular holiday decorations or pumpkin spice EVERYTHING or are crazy about a sports team or whatever but this tweet said: why not let people find joy wherever possible when it doesn't hurt anyone else? Especially in times like these, which are very difficult, we should all go for whatever makes us happy - I think your husband is on the right track!! And - no longer being critical, even though only in my head, has made me feel better. I even feel kind of happy for the people enjoying the things I used to judge. So, I guess twitter can be good for something! Have a good weekend, steppers, and thanks for the mentions, @Rusty. xx
                    I love this why not let people find joy wherever possible when it doesn't hurt anyone else?

I have recently started fooling around on Twitter. It is the place where I can say what I want to say politically/socially without my family attacking me. I don't have any followers but I can say what I want to say. :rotlf:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So I kept the cats in last night. They did ok without the 3 a.m. romp....Nora, I listen to a lot of 70s stuff. I have a twitter acct but never get on it. ...I am wondering if the little boy next door will come trick or treating? He will probably come over to show me his costume at least. He is 6. I don't expect any trick or treaters since I am in the country. Anyway...dd1 coming over this aft. Maybe dd2 will come too. Guess I will go out for a walk in a bit...later...

Comment

Happy Sunday. Nora, sorry about the big spider. Thirty years is a long time and that kind of stuff has such sentimental value. I was on Twitter a long time ago. I don't think I quite understand the point of it? Fb and Instagram is something my kids do, so that I get. Do you guys do snap chat? Another thing I don't understand.

Bird, hope you enjoyed your walk and time with dds. We rarely get any trick or treaters here. I don't know why. I usually buy something I like to eat and end up eating it. Like I said yesterday, I'm not much into Halloween.

Sissy was on vaca last week and she called me yesterday to see how things here are. That darn "elephant" was in the room again. I know my twin and we both felt it. I feel like she holds her breath every time she asks me what's new? Is it ever going to get better? They went on a cruise to Cuba and had a wonderful time. My niece didn't go with them. She opted to spend time with her s/o. Just feeling sad today. Took mom out to lunch and she talked about dad a lot more. I know that's normal, but it just makes me so sad. Still inbelievable that he isn't here.
                        We did a 3 way Skype with Mark and Erin. CJ had spoken to him yesterday already. Wow, how nice my kids enjoy each other's companionship. Life has certainly taken on a different look, but it's working ok.

Rusty, how was your weekend? Still cleaning up after your dinner party? I mailed mark an autumn table runner and kitchen towel. I'm sure his place needs a women's touch! He's lucky I'm not mailing him a wreath for his front door, lol

Pauly, looks like you were away for your birthday weekend. How nice. I hope you enjoyed it. Where did you go? The weather looked nice. It's cold and rainy here today and supposed to be remain that way for a few days. There's a hurricane headed toward the east coast, maybe. Always scary stuff. So far CJ and Joe are ok in st. Croix.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Waves to anyone I didn't mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post

Sissy was on vaca last week and she called me yesterday to see how things here are. That darn "elephant" was in the room again. I know my twin and we both felt it. I feel like she holds her breath every time she asks me what's new? Is it ever going to get better? They went on a cruise to Cuba and had a wonderful time. My niece didn't go with them. She opted to spend time with her s/o. Just feeling sad today. Took mom out to lunch and she talked about dad a lot more. I know that's normal, but it just makes me so sad. Still inbelievable that he isn't here.
                          Liz - that "elephant" in the room will get better. I promise. It is hard for a while but it does get better. They will stop being on guard. :hug:
                          And, I totally understand you being sad. It is such a hard time of life right now. :heartbeat: But, you are handling it with great strength and I'm happy for you that you can say you did it without alcohol. :hug:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Bird - did you have a good walk? Glad it worked with keeping the cats in. We don't have a litter box so our cats have to wake us up to go out. Luckily they sleep outside in the summer.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I'm on Facebook and just trying to start using Instagram. I have a snapchat account but don't use it. Don't even know how. :harhar:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I know it'll get better. I guess I just to need to vent because you guys understand, they don't.
                                FYI! the office manager at work asked me to help her when she had a problem downloading something to her computer.:egad: go figure, I managed to figure it out. I am the office IT wiz,
                                Last edited by Lizann; September 9, 2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X