Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

Happy day. :welldone: hope it's a wonderful day for everyone
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Wednesday,back later,,enjoy your day all
      Last edited by paulywogg; September 12, 2018, 09:16 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm having a pain in my mid lower right back. Sometimes in the front. I think I'm going to have to break down and go to the doctor.
        I didn't buy any diet coke to have at home. First step.
        I sound like when I knew I had an alcohol problem. I'm telling myself I'll only have it when I'm out. :victorious: quite silly that I have such a hard time to stop drinking poison.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I honestly don't feel like diet coke is poison anymore Nora,I used to but I've read a lot about aspartame not being as bad as it's been said,I think everything (except alcohol and cigs) in moderation is fine

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
            Man the site was so slow to log me in...Nora, I wish I could quit diet pepsi. Glad you got some baby time in. Hope your pain isn't anything bad...Rusty, safe travels....Pauly you are not a thread kill...always good to see you....Lizann glad you are staying busy with Logan...so yest went to dd2s band practice. She asked the band director if I could help with the band and she said ok, that they didn't have any volunteers and could I help the kids with their uniforms and ride the band bus to the games. And she gave me a tshirt. So I am so happy about that. But then I bought beer on the way home and was so upset about that today. I looked online for a counselor around here that wasn't the 12 step type, and ended up getting one from Atlanta. It will be video session and pm's, so my first one is Saturday morning. Hope she is good and she has sent me a couple pm's and seems very nice. She went to the same school my girls are at.....

Comment

Hi all,
              Man the site was so slow to log me in...Nora, I wish I could quit diet pepsi. Glad you got some baby time in. Hope your pain isn't anything bad...Rusty, safe travels....Pauly you are not a thread kill...always good to see you....Lizann glad you are staying busy with Logan...so yest went to dd2s band practice. She asked the band director if I could help with the band and she said ok, that they didn't have any volunteers and could I help the kids with their uniforms and ride the band bus to the games. And she gave me a tshirt. So I am so happy about that. But then I bought beer on the way home and was so upset about that today. I looked online for a counselor around here that wasn't the 12 step type, and ended up getting one from Atlanta. It will be video session and pm's, so my first one is Saturday morning. Hope she is good and she has sent me a couple pm's and seems very nice. She went to the same school my girls are at.....

Comment

Oh Bird :hug: I am sorry about the beer. I know that's not where you want to be.

So happy for you about the band. And I am also happy for you for being so proactive! Excellent on finding a counselor. :yay: You are doing what needs to be done. Good for you.

I haven't read back yet. Dinner is ready so I'll be back if I can get on. I've been having a hard time connecting too. Maybe site maintenance or something?
                Last edited by NoraC; September 12, 2018, 06:57 PM.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - I haven't heard of any of those studies. There's a Woody Allen movie called Sleeper and there is a scene far in the future where scientists were talking about how all those health food nuts had it wrong. Ha, ha
                  (Side note - I haven't watched a Woody Allen movie in almost 30 years. But, I saw this movie before I realized he was such a slime)
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello and happy Wednesday. Just another rainy day here. BIrd, excited for you with the band. I think that's perfect for you. I know sometimes when I was happy or excited I would drink. Maybe that's what the beer was all about last night, too? Would love to know how the video counsel sessions goes, I think that's great.

Nora, so glad you got to spend time with the baby tonight. Who watches the baby while the kids work? Nothing like holding those little ones:love:

yes Pauly, you are absolutely not a thread kill. Look forward to hearing from you.

ran into one of my neighbors tonight. I'm sure I mentioned her dog Sasha and Lucy were friendly. She (Sasha) was 16 and passed away 10 days before Lucy. We stood outside and shared our beloved dog stories and cried together.

Rusty glassie and anyone else just popping in, have a great AF night.
                    Last edited by Lizann; September 12, 2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Site's been slow for me too and wouldn't even load earlier,went to Kmart with Kell so she could pick Lou up some shoes,,we buy cheap cuz kids grow so doggone fast! I bought Romeo some pj's with a roller skating banana on it haha,you guys this little 8 month old already wears a 2T size!!!!he's just so chubster Bird,great on finding a counselor,I'm with Liz and would drink after something too exciting too,Nora yep he's a slime,I'm astounded by all the sexual allegations about most of the men in the big industries these days but then sometimes I think things might be taken the wrong way too so who really knows

Comment

Hi all,
                        Feeling better today. So some of the gals on wfs were talking about smart recovery which has meetings, so I looked it up and they have a huge site and video, voice and text meetings. So I am gonna try that too. I've gotta get through this early sobriety thing.....Nora, I always thought Woody Allen looked like a perv. ..Lizann, that is sad that they both passed around the same time......Pauly, the p.j's sound so cute.....so this house came with a very large playground. There are swings, a big sandbox that my cats poop in, and a treehouse. I just need some little people now to come and play..the little boy next door came over yest. He is very cute.....well I am going hiking I think. We are getting some refugees from the hurricane into the state parks now......b

Comment

Morning friends,Bird enjoy your hike,sounds fun there's nowhere to hike around here without driving to it,sux,waves to all and wishes for a great AF Thursday back later

Comment

Hi all.
                            Bird your place sounds wonderful.
                            Pauly you have the cutest grandkids
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all. I'm a little under the weather today. Baby was sick last week and now I have a sore throat. Wasn't too bad all day, now that it's time for bed it's getting worse.
                              Pauly, I love shopping for the kids and Logan. I'm always picking up stuff for them. I enjoy the hunt for a bargain!
                              Bird, your place sounds wonderful, wish I could bring Logan by. He'd love that sand box, without the cat poop, though.
                              Off to bed with a cup of hot tea.

Comment

Hey all. I'm a little under the weather today. Baby was sick last week and now I have a sore throat. Wasn't too bad all day, now that it's time for bed it's getting worse.
                                Pauly, I love shopping for the kids and Logan. I'm always picking up stuff for them. I enjoy the hunt for a bargain!
                                Bird, your place sounds wonderful, wish I could bring Logan by. He'd love that sand box, without the cat poop, though.
                                Off to bed with a cup of hot tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X