Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    pretend that your not hungover (as you only had 'one' glass) when every cell hurt.
    I'm wincing at the memory.

Edit: I'm away to my pit. See yous in the morning. [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........Thanks for the wander down memory lane.
    Last edited by JackieClaire; October 12, 2018, 05:41 PM.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Counting the hours until it was safe to drive again at the rate of one hour per drink and organising the entire day around it.
      Making up cover stories about the scratches, bruises and sprains and your slowly deteriorating physical and mental health.
      Excusing your vagueness at work by telling colleagues that you had a 'shocking night's sleep' - I wonder why?

How utterly, utterly exhausting.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hey, remember this one?

I just remember laughing my bag out for hours when I first read that thread.
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just having a read back!
          Great reading about how we hid our drinking so well.

Mr A (B) really poorly and just staying in bed with me playing Nurse Nancy.
          He has his last Chemo this week and should start to feel better after that treatment.

He collects wine and I am sitting in a room with about 800 bottles of the stuff. However, it is with great pleasure that I am sitting here completely hangover free as I know that if I opened one of those bottles the cycle of that particular horror would start again, as one drink is never enough.

Off to do a local Parkrun this morning and happy to get out for an hour.

Sorry about not posting these days --I am keeping it all together as best I can and so grateful that I am resisting the booze as it would only dull the stress temporarily.

Comment

Listen [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] you have got an hideous set of circumstances there and I applaud you for managing as well as you do. I can't even imagine.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good woman MsA - I hope Mr A knows how lucky he is to have you there. If he doesn't TELL HIM !!!
              Now off you go - out now for TWO hours - have a coffee after the run ...... go on !!! .........:thumbs:
              I'll just lie here in bed and wait for you ....

I know that if I opened one of those bottles the cycle of that particular horror would start again, as one drink is never enough.

I am resisting the booze as it would only dull the stress temporarily.
              Those are the 2 reasons I will never drink again.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Great reading back. Sorry Mr A is not great, hopefully he will improve after the last chemo. So true about those two reasons among many more.

Nothing much planned for today, don’t think the weather is going to be great. Might dig out some crochet.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  Good morning everyone. Great reading back. Sorry Mr A is not great, hopefully he will improve after the last chemo. So true about those two reasons among many more.

Nothing much planned for today, don’t think the weather is going to be great. Might dig out some crochet.
                  I need to learn to crochet - stop me at the biscuit tin / cake tin / hidden stash of choc peanuts in car / anything sweet :egad:

Comment

I have the wedding of the year coming up January 1, 2019.
                    Pain-in-the-arse-SIL-with-perfect-family's son is getting married. Very fancy affair :egad:
                    Plan of action :
                    * Look better than perfect SIL :haha:
                    * Walk every day - (may get a dog to this end ...... dying for a little madra to love) I think it's possibly a broody symptom of not having grandkids.
                    * Join WW or similar to lose 14 lbs.
                    * Buy funky, elegant, colourful coat to go over plain black dress & new black shoes..
                    * Enlist Army to help find said funky coat......

Comment

I'm out of bed............not sure if I'm awake though.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Coats...........Luxury Christmas Coat, Women, Womens Coats and Jackets

Pomodoro Wool-Mix Check Coat | Kaleidoscope
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dogs...........Dog Rescue & Rehoming Charity | Dogs Trust

We got Bess from the UK one.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]:hug:.............you're in rotten situation............use the Army to vent...........we'll cosset you. Think of us like a warm blanket around your shoulders.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning,
                              Up early, 2 gone off early on an overnight, down Rustops way I think! pity about the rain, but they are in a hostel, not camping.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              I have the wedding of the year coming up January 1, 2019.
                              Pain-in-the-arse-SIL-with-perfect-family's son is getting married. Very fancy affair :egad:
                              Plan of action :
                              * Look better than perfect SIL :haha:
                              * Walk every day - (may get a dog to this end ...... dying for a little madra to love) I think it's possibly a broody symptom of not having grandkids.
                              * Join WW or similar to lose 14 lbs.
                              * Buy funky, elegant, colourful coat to go over plain black dress & new black shoes..
                              * Enlist Army to help find said funky coat......
                              BRILLIANT! I love this. How close to the wire will you go? Im thinking, the boutiques usually have more interesting pieces, that you wont see else where. they might start their sales in Dec. Loads do a 20% for a weekend, to kick off the C (cannot say the C word) sales.
                              Youve loads to choose from over your neck of the woods. Have you started yet?
                              Also, the likes of zara and mango have a much bigger selection online (and better quality imo). Deliver to the shop, refund there and then of you dont like it.

Have you thought about boots with the dress? Can look very funky, especially on a cold January (youd get more wear out of them too).
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

got side tracked on clothes. [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], hope you had a good break this morning. jump on for a moan anytime.. this will pass :hug:
                                Last edited by IamMary; October 13, 2018, 05:39 AM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X