Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    We all learn our little 'tricks' with drinking don't we? Don't eat first. Fill up when everyone is out of the room and make it a big one. Hide the empties in a neighbour's bin. Drink out of a coffee cup. Have sports drink with 2 beroccas dissolved in it when you wake up dying again. Buy a half bottle of vodka so that you have no choice but to stop.
    So clever. So, so clever.
    Welcome back Bid :upsidedown:

Maybe if we channelled our cleverness properly into something else ........... we'd be shagging geniusessses in the making. :hyper:

Comment

Good morning Army!!!

Just a quick fly-by to say hello and welcome back to Bridge!! The usual hectic Friday at work!!

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
      Popping by the Army to say

WHOOT, [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] ! Congratulations on a major milestone. I hope you DO get to celebrate soon...

Way to go,
      Pav
      Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      Congratulations [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]!!
      Well done friend:flowerspin:

I see that big congratulations are in order Stirly? Well done mate. Amazing effort.

Especially wanted to say thank you to [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION], [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] for your comments. I greatly appreciate them!
      Originally posted by satz123 View Post

Maybe if we channelled our cleverness properly into something else ........... we'd be shagging geniusessses in the making. :hyper:
      So true Satzy!! If I'm not intruding by asking - how is YS? Did he go to the interview? You may have answered and I missed the post. Hope all is positive.

Troopers - hope you're all having a good day. Cloudy here - looks like rain. But as Mr.G would say - there's a blue sky behind them clouds!!!
      Last edited by stirly-girly; October 12, 2018, 03:56 AM.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Welcome back Bid :upsidedown:

Sure we are geniusesses :congratulatory:, achieving all sorts. RC with new job, Mary running marathons, Stirly 3 years and new man. JC with new doors, carpet etc and thatÂ’s to name but a few. ItÂ’s every day stuff but doubt if any of it would be achieved if we were staring at the bottom of a bottle.

Welcome back Bridget, glad you enjoyed the hol. Being honest the only reason I like having WiFi when away is to check in here and keep myself accountable. The storm was not too bad this side but the rain has not come yet. Mr R managed to fly in this morning and the doggies got a walk. IÂ’m going out for lunch with some of my crochet ladies as we have no class today.

Comment

Morning lovelies,
          Yes, Satz, if we could harness the energy we put into our drinking and hiding how much we drank we'd be able to solve nigh on all global problems and although I doubt it would help my unique obility to loose something I've just had in my hand.

Would have been here a bit earlier but had to ring my Aunt...........just a quickie...........an hour plus later I've got a flat ear.

Recommendation of the week ............got one of those Soap&Glory miracle moisture masks (other brands are available).......its not like one of those clay things where you can't talk in case it cracks...........while I don't look 30 years younger my skin is a lot brighter and so soft.

Orff to the hairdressers.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening lovelies,
            Blowing a gale here.
            Kindle arrived (its a lovely bright yellow) and charging. It seems massive compared to my other one. Might have a quiet night faffing about with it.
            Hair all lovely and swishy.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

We all learn our little 'tricks' with drinking don't we? Don't eat first. Fill up when everyone is out of the room and make it a big one. Hide the empties in a neighbour's bin. Drink out of a coffee cup. Have sports drink with 2 beroccas dissolved in it when you wake up dying again. Buy a half bottle of vodka so that you have no choice but to stop.
              So clever. So, so clever.
              Buy 4 1/4 bottles of red wine - instead of a full size - so every time anyone looked you were still sipping from the small bottle while making the dinner.
              How pathetic - FFS - I could have bought the large one and decanted into the small ones - the money wasted:haha:
              Which I ended up doing when it moved on to a full bottle + 2 small ones .............
              I'm tired just thinking about the effort ..............
              Last edited by satz123; October 12, 2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Evening lovelies,
                Blowing a gale here.
                Kindle arrived (its a lovely bright yellow) and charging. It seems massive compared to my other one. Might have a quiet night faffing about with it.
                Hair all lovely and swishy.
                Swishy hair AND smooth face - Jesus - Mr JC will start to worry you have a fancy man .....

Comment

one of those Soap&Glory miracle moisture masks (other brands are available)...............while I don't look 30 years younger my skin is a lot brighter and so soft.
                  :witch:
                  ZZZZZZOOOOOMMMMMM !!!!!

Comment

Swishy hair AND smooth face - Jesus - Mr JC will start to worry you have a fancy man .....
                    Not yet

They're less than half price over here so I bought four..........I'll be so smooth I'll be sliding off my pillow.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Put the bottles at the bottom of the carrier bag, so no one would see how many there were and pretend they were not at all heavy, just some toilet paper.
                      Wrap the empties in newspaper so they wouldn't bash together in the rubbish and give the game away.
                      Mouth wash, makeup and coffee.....lots of.

Yep, clever clogs.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Not yet

They're less than half price over here so I bought four..........I'll be so smooth I'll be sliding off my pillow.
                        Soap and glory??. I have a quite house tomorrow, might buy myself a smooth face.

Comment

Dry retching and trying to pretend it was a 'bit' of a cough.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

pretend that your not hungover (as you only had 'one' glass) when every cell hurt.

Comment

Was mooching around & found this old thread - all the old faces - the light hearted banter. It was a formula that worked - never taking ourselves too seriously.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/g...my-thread.html
                              Last edited by satz123; October 12, 2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Just had a quick read through, Satz. I still remember howling laughing at Inchy when no-one had posted for hours saying she'd get her crayons out and draw on the walls if nobody soon.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X