Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Morning, lovelinesses. Last day today......sob.
    That's a long shift, Satz.
    Well as we are talking colloquialisms, a shift is a snog. Well it was back in the 80s. then it was a 'wear', now its to 'meet'. Honestly, I dont know where Satz gets the energy from!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I feel like that a lot [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Its the weight of all these dependents on top of you and you have nowhere to run.
      But you have to. Tell a few white lies, turn off your phone, be busy somewhere else. They can actually survive without you for a little while. I keep giving myself that talk.

Hows the young fella?
      Last edited by IamMary; October 18, 2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Safe trip home JC..
        How was the bread [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]? yeast, soda or what??

Shoutout to MIA.. [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION], [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION], [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] and Missus Molly...give us a sign, any sign..:thatswhack::rockon:i:
        Last edited by IamMary; October 18, 2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

All packed and ready for the trek home.......just breakfast to eat.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            All packed and ready for the trek home.......just breakfast to eat.
            Good morning all. Safe travels JC. I got back last night. Had lovely mini break, fabulous weather, loads of walking and a greater amount of eating. Off now to my crochet class, happy days :congratulatory:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              I feel like that a lot [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Its the weight of all these dependents on top of you and you have nowhere to run.
              But you have to. Tell a few white lies, turn off your phone, be busy somewhere else. They can actually survive without you for a little while. I keep giving myself that talk.

Hows the young fella?
              YS is good atm. Taking AB ( Antabuse) when he is expecting a trigger.
              Like last night into town to a medical conference for the mag he does freelance work for.
              Took the tab before he went and home sober as a judge.
              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - it's like you read my mind. I told the white lie yesterday - I was driving my sis around to hospital , town etc and got pissed off - told her I had to go into work that evening - just to get away :egad:
              'wear' was used too in Dublin in the 70s . e.g. "wearin' the face off him" Hated the word layful:

Comment

Well, that was the shortest four days of my life. Defo back again next year. If we ever win the pools (anyone remember them .........being told to keep quiet while the results were on the TV.........supposes its the lottery now)..........we'd get a half decent house thereabouts and keep a teeny place down here. I never thought in a squillion years I'd leave my beloved home town but we have things like phones and cars nowadays.........its prolly a pipe dream.......sigh.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].......definition of a white lie............a harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone's feelings............bet the Pope's told a few in his time.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning/arvo all,
                  Sounds absolutely divine Jacks. Lets hope for that Lotto win.....for all of us.
                  Satzy, I understand so well what you mean about that. I am SOOO sick of taking responsibility for others, who should now be doing that for themselves. I seem to have spent my entire life picking up after others, and I don't get any thanks for it either. Now more than ever I need to be focusing on my own wellbeing.
                  People sure will be as selfish as you allow them to be.

I'm off for a quick shufti for supplies and then it's garden time for me, lame foot or no.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    I am SOOO sick of taking responsibility for others, who should now be doing that for themselves. I seem to have spent my entire life picking up after others, and I don't get any thanks for it either. Now more than ever I need to be focusing on my own wellbeing.
                    People sure will be as selfish as you allow them to be.
                    You can say that again Bridge.
                    On way home yesterday from ferrying & hospital & food shopping the traffic was so bad one way I had to turn back and go another.
                    But I needed diesel - the needle on the fuel gauge was extremely low and I was afraid of stopping in the middle of traffic.
                    Traffic was heavy and the light had been on a while so I was really worried I'd run out before I'd get to fuel station...
                    So I pulled in to a parking lot and rang home to come with diesel in a container - son & husband were sitting on their arses after 4 hours of golf.

I was told "to take the chance & ring back if you run out "
                    Is it me or is that JUST SHIT way to treat your mother ?
                    Last edited by satz123; October 19, 2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      Morning/arvo all,
                      I am SOOO sick of taking responsibility for others, who should now be doing that for themselves. I seem to have spent my entire life picking up after others, and I don't get any thanks for it either. Now more than ever I need to be focusing on my own wellbeing.
                      Here here Bridge, time for you to be selfish and its not even about being selfish, its not pandering. Its a learned helplessness with some of them.. Its my own fault when the kids are incapable of the basics. And obviously there are those that really do need us.
                      So we can a) feel sorry for ourselves or b) do something about it.

Hows the foot?

Glad YS is doing well Satz.

Where exactly was it that you were [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]???

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        You can say that again Bridge.
                        On way home yesterday from ferrying & hospital & food shopping the traffic was so bad one way I had to turn back and go another.
                        But I needed diesel - the needle on the fuel gauge was extremely low and I was afraid of stopping in the middle of traffic.
                        Traffic was heavy and the light had been on a while so I was really worried I'd run out before I'd get to fuel station...
                        So I pulled in to a parking lot and rang home to come with diesel in a container - son & husband were sitting on their arses after 4 hours of golf.

I was told "to take the chance & ring back if you run out "
                        Is it me or is that JUST SHIT way to treat your mother ?
                        Thats SHIT, the lazy feckers the pair of them. Hope you gave them a bollocking?

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                          Good morning all. Safe travels JC. I got back last night. Had lovely mini break, fabulous weather, loads of walking and a greater amount of eating. Off now to my crochet class, happy days :congratulatory:
                          WElcome back rustop. Did you do any cycling??

Comment

For those of a delicate nature this post contains bad language............please look away now.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........you have my full approval to go absolutely apeshit. Raise the fecking roof.

I know the pair of them weren't drunk but its high time they took some of the burdens of you.......tell them straight what you want. You're working nigh on full time, looking after and worrying about mum nigh on full time............that leaves about accordinging to my calculations about 15 minutes a day looking after yourself.

I wouldn't offer such harshness normally but do you remember when Mr JC came in at yon time pissed as the proverbial fart because it was his birthday and I lost the plot. Although I knew he wasn't going to remember what I said so I repeated it the following day that this was unacceptable and how hurt and upset I was. It worked.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

We were here.

Loch Awe accommodation bed and breakfast

I would love, love to live about an hour's drive away in Oban.

I just popped in to say night-night and turned into a keyboard warrior.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning, lovelies.
                                Slept 'til 11:30am :egad: Did wake at around 6ish with horrible back pain. Took a couple of painkillers and filled a hot water bottle and just went back to the land of nod.

I now declare pyjama day open..........

Last edited by JackieClaire; October 20, 2018, 05:50 AM.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X