October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

JC! How lovely for everyone! I'm also very relieved that they aren't rushing into anything as so many do these days. Looks like we've got a stack of outfits to pick out for folk!!

Stirly, I really love your outfit suggestion. Just superb. If only I could fit into such a lovely thing these days. Maybe Satzy's makeover plan should be put into place for our Spring over here. My brother's daughter is here a lot these days. She is almost 2 years old and is full tilt as well. Combined with being confined to a chair with my foot elevated!!!!

I was supposed to be back at work today but will need the day off to work on this foot. Can't believe my holiday break is over.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - rest that sexy foot
      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - congrats to yer son heir! :applause: Awesome news
      [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] - thanks for the advice on magnesium - will look into it. Last night went to bed about 11, woke up at 2,30 and was up for 2 hours before getting a bit more sleep... unsure as to why exactly. Maybe some stress with the show i'm doing...
      [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - so lovely to hear yer daughter flew home from Norway - just for a couple of hours!

Monday morning, but no skool

Gotta take the push bike for a check up then up north to visit the folks and get my cat back (she's been on hols with my folks).

Hope the rest of youse are all well.

Comment

Morning,
        Thank you, thank you for your good wishes. Talking to the pair of them they're not going for a themed wedding or one in a 'venue' for venue read barn in the middle of nowhere.

Got to bed very, very late was making a wee picnic for our lunch break..........now be honest have I made enough sandwiches........

Checkins not 'til 4pm so a nice leisurely drive up through the beautiful Northumbria and then through the west side of Scotland and we're there for the next few days.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Okay........I can let you into a huge secret that I've been hanging onto for what seems like a lifetime and it was less than a week. The son and heir and his girlfriend got engaged last week in fair Verona. They wanted to keep it quiet until the near blood relatives were informed.....now I can blab to anyone I meet.....and more importantly she got the ring.....a beautiful squre diamond.......They been together since she was 17 and him 18..........12 years in all. There's now a padlock on the bridge in Verona with his proposal on it.

How I kept it a secret for six days is beyond me...........I am so happy, we're both happy, in fact beyond happy, crying with happiness, in fact, move over Tigger we're bouncing with happiness.
          Good morning Army!!

Fantastic news Jackie!! Can't wait til they announce the wedding! Then the first grand-baby!! We'll need to tie you down so you don't bounce away on us!!!!

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] - I don't know what you can get there. I take Lanes Magnesium with Vit B3. Apparently the B3 helps the magnesium to be absorbed better by your system. They are fizzy tabs. I took two for a long time. Now just take one but sometimes will take another one in the night. Stress does not help sleep, that's for sure. Had one of those nights myself on Friday night.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - they have the most gorgeous wools and other yarns for sweaters, etc., here but some of them are very expensive. One skein costs as much or more than a bottle of wine!

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - Jackie mentioning Tigger reminded me of the MWO World Tour with Tigger. Oh my - how much fun was that. He went all over the world and us with him. I still remember the day I got my package - Jackie had sent him to me. I actually got a little choked up thinking of all the MWO members he had visited and how this little guy was in a way pulling us all together. I had such a brilliant time taking him around and taking pics to post on MWO. Great fun!!

Wishing you all a good week. Has started out grey and wet here in Greece but that's okay - we need the rain.

Catch up with youz laterz....
          Last edited by stirly-girly; October 15, 2018, 03:42 AM.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Morning,
            Thank you, thank you for your good wishes. Talking to the pair of them they're not going for a themed wedding or one in a 'venue' for venue read barn in the middle of nowhere.

Got to bed very, very late was making a wee picnic for our lunch break..........now be honest have I made enough sandwiches........

Checkins not 'til 4pm so a nice leisurely drive up through the beautiful Northumbria and then through the west side of Scotland and we're there for the next few days.
            Just saw this now - hope you have a wonderful time. Send some pics if you can....

Comment

Morning campers
              Day 1 of WOTYSBO ( wedding of the year Satz body overhaul)
              Going to haul my fat sugar-laden lazy arse out for a walk ..... avec a hacking cough that I can not use as an excuse any longer.

Lovely day here - hope it's the same in Scotland for the Jacks Family Vacation.
              [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] must be mid-term ?
              My sis is coming home here with her 8 year old from Glasgow tomorrow for a few days to see her demented Maw.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                [FONT=Verdana][COLOR="#800080"] Jackie mentioning Tigger reminded me of the MWO World Tour with Tigger. Oh my - how much fun was that. He went all over the world and us with him. I still remember the day I got my package - Jackie had sent him to me. I actually got a little choked up thinking of all the MWO members he had visited and how this little guy was in a way pulling us all together. I had such a brilliant time taking him around and taking pics to post on MWO. Great fun!!
                We could do it again ?
                I have a lully little penguin that has been to Greece & around the gold coast of Australia so far ?
                Shall we send him off ?
                I'll dig out his photo later ....

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  We could do it again ?
                  I have a lully little penguin that has been to Greece & around the gold coast of Australia so far ?
                  Shall we send him off ?
                  I'll dig out his photo later ....
                  Sounds like a great idea to me. Maybe get some of the threads interacting again. Tigger went to the Undies and the Steppers and the Army!! Oh, and I remember him in San Francisco with a poster named Enja. Her pictures were outstanding. It was just so much fun seeing other places through Tigger's eyes. I'm in for it.......
                  Last edited by stirly-girly; October 15, 2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Morning campers
                    Going to haul my fat sugar-laden lazy arse out for a walk ..... avec a hacking cough that I can not use as an excuse any longer.

Lovely day here - hope it's the same in Scotland for the Jacks Family Vacation.
                    [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] must be mid-term ?
                    My sis is coming home here with her 8 year old from Glasgow tomorrow for a few days to see her demented Maw.
                    Not to be facetious, Satzy, but the 8-year old and Grandma just might get along swimmingly. My MIL had a form of dementia and always loved seeing her grandkids. She actually seemed to come out of her fog when the kids visited....
                    Last edited by stirly-girly; October 15, 2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Morning campers
                      Honestly thought I was going to read: Going to haul my fat sugar-laden lazy arse out for a walk ..... avec a custard cream doughnut for company :haha:

Aye, 'tis mid-term. Though wish I didn't have the show too... maybes i've not pulled my weight enough, but the egos and personalities vying for attention, having melt downs, hissy-fits etc etc... gawd, i thought i was having a wee bit of time away from primary 1...

Comment

Here you go, Army!!!

Just a quick glance through these threads brought back so many memories. Where, oh where are all the members that were here back then? Hopefully all are fine and have just moved on and are enjoying life....

Comment

Evening all. Just in from work and had a bit of a catch up. Sorry about the foot Bridget, bummer. Enjoy the holidays JC, Weather was fab here today so I hope you are enjoying the same.

I could do with joining you Satz, I exercise but still have terrible sugar cravings . Thanks for the link Stirly, looked like fun. Wonder where all those posters are now. It’s sad when people just drop out and never come back, you hope it’s to live a sober life but I wonder. Really admire and appreciate the people who have been here years and still post and give support.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post

@NoSugar - they have the most gorgeous wools and other yarns for sweaters, etc., here but some of them are very expensive. One skein costs as much or more than a bottle of wine!
                            Well, Stirly, given that I was drinking cheap wine directly out of the box's spigot (in a dark corner of the kitchen) there at the end, I may be spending MORE on a skein of yarn than on a couple liters of wine!! Talk about losing all standards!! I'm enamored with alpaca at the moment because it feels less itchy to me than wool.

We could do it again ?
                            Shall we send him off ? I'll dig out his photo later ....
                            Has he never been to the middle of the US? He would be welcome :smile:.

Satz bumped up the Sugar is the Devil thread [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - it would be fun to have more people there, reclaiming their health!

I hope your foot heals quickly, Bridgette. Being almost immobolized doesn't make quitting easier. Take good care, NS

Comment

I love the Sugar is the devil thread. Loads of good advise and reminders.
                              The world tour is hilarious.. lets do it.

Nothing exciting here. Mr M has a bad hangover.. good to be reminded of what Im missing, absolutely nothing.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

mornin all...just a wee shufti to see whats goin on here.Its only fair,Satz was over borrowin some sugar the other day ,and Jacs is away invadin my homeland..So whatcha all up to then?I note the fredz arent as busy as they used to be ,but people move on I guess ,Friendships are made on here ,in some cases for life ,others to help folks thru troubled times ..We got a new telly yesterday ..an all singing dancing job ..blah blah ..So the guy comes to set it up ....does so ..job done or so you would think ..I go to change channel ...nish nada nowt ..after about 10 mins..I phone the guy ..How did you set the telly up? talk me thru it ..it isnt working .It was ..well it isnt now ..

ok switch it off at the plug give it 5 and phone me back..does the very thing...only the telly wont switch on....lots more ffs etc..then it clicked ..how come the telly sez Panasonic...and this remote sez Samsung ....erm you got it I was using the remote for the old dvd recorder..it was in the same place ....quick phone call ..that musta been the problem it seems to be working fine now cheers ..bye ..

Satzy count me in on your world travel job..if your tigger or whatever wants to spend chrimbo in Gran Canaria let me know..and in Feb I think he could be washing hefelumps in Sri Lanka ..Happy to chuck my address in the pot ..you might already have it ..Jacs has defo ..

a big shout to yizall..
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X