Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Perhaps I should have told the kids just how ill I was back in July. I sort of glossed over it but if I hadn't had those blood tests, hadn't got treated I'd have been typing this from the great beyond. My guardian angel was working over time time that week........Tbh still haven't told me as I don't want them visiting out of a sense of duty.

Should say they found the c-diff when they were fiddling about with my kidneys.
    We kids are thick and still need to be told things and reigned in from our bubble. Id lose the plot with my mam if she kept that from me!! Feck that, tell them matter of factually, not in a poor me way. Youve been there for breakups, job losses and much more this year, let them fuss over you for a change. You wont regret it.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........looks gorgeous and I'm in, will be bringing the big man. It'll be part of his 60th birthday pressie.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        We kids are thick and still need to be told things and reigned in from our bubble. Id lose the plot with my mam if she kept that from me!! Feck that, tell them matter of factually, not in a poor me way. Youve been there for breakups, job losses and much more this year, let them fuss over you for a change. You wont regret it.
        Thank you, thank you, thank you.........spot on again.
        Oddly enough I used to listen to Mr JC speaking to either his Ma or Pa and to say it was stilted would be an understatement. Don't know if it the in-laws plotted or it was jus happenchance but about five years ago they needed someone younger and able to help Pa in law in the garden with something difficult that he started to going once a week. Their relationship is beyond polite phone calls and a perhaps a cup of tea once in a blue moon nowadays and to back to what it should be. A real family.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - stew looks awesome. Like a hug for the belly.
          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - :sohappy: awesome work!! I have until midnight to decide whether i take up the offer of doing the Highland Fling - 53miles in April. I did it in 2016. But I don't think it is good for me just now. Not with having to deal with the ED stuff. Didn't run for a week last week. Was well weird. But good for me. Need to focus on nourishment and putting a bit of weight on. It's hard. The not running is harder, but I need to break the habit as it's so entwined with eating. Not good i suppose.

May do a wee marathon or summit later instead. Just not the mega races. As much as they appeal... (why i don't know )
          Last edited by RunningCourage; October 28, 2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Great news Mary it is hard work the high does not happen immediately but will last long after the muscle ache. Compared with the pain of a hangover it is no contest.
            Having said that I am so happy after Snowdonia yesterday but aching.

Comment

Hey Army

Am I allowed back in? Hope so....

Been lost somewhere past while not sure where..... Hard to describe.....its like I've been empty and numb and just no feckin energy to engage anywhere with anyone bar the necessary work and family shite.

I do sincerely apologise for disappearing, I don't want youse to think I take here and youse lovely peeps for granted and I don't wanna come here to off load my crap on youse. I'm sorry that I have been so far up my own behind that haven't been here for you lot x

Maybe it is depression. Don't be cross but haven't been to doc. I know the answer is within me, it's there somewhere just need to shake myself and begin to 'help' myself.

was thinking of you today Mary and am so chuffed and proud of you well done lovely lady x

Just from wee read back it seems we all could do with a big hug? D'Arsey, Jacks, Satz, MrsA ? Sending virtual hugs to ye all x

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                Great news Mary it is hard work the high does not happen immediately but will last long after the muscle ache. Compared with the pain of a hangover it is no contest.
                Having said that I am so happy after Snowdonia yesterday but aching.
                Hey - awesome work! that's one I want to do in due course. Did Scafell Pike last year... BRUTAL!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea29 View Post
                  Hey Army

Been lost somewhere past while not sure where..... Hard to describe.....its like I've been empty and numb and just no feckin energy to engage anywhere with anyone bar the necessary work and family shite.

I do sincerely apologise for disappearing, I don't want youse to think I take here and youse lovely peeps for granted and I don't wanna come here to off load my crap on youse. I'm sorry that I have been so far up my own behind that haven't been here for you lot x

Maybe it is depression. Don't be cross but haven't been to doc. I know the answer is within me, it's there somewhere just need to shake myself and begin to 'help' myself.

was thinking of you today Mary and am so chuffed and proud of you well done lovely lady x

Just from wee read back it seems we all could do with a big hug? D'Arsey, Jacks, Satz, MrsA ? Sending virtual hugs to ye all x
                  Do not apologise. We all wander. Well I do. And you don't take us for granted. Gawd no. You are always giving out such warmth and positive advice and vibes. The army adores our peapie!

Re the empty and numb depressing side of things... I really wonder whether it's to do with the a)amount of stress/responsibilities you are being saddled with (job and family and whatever else that Sweetpea's head has to deal with) and b)not having a release valve, be that someone to share it all with, confide in and c) not receiving the help you think might be due from certain family members?

Yes, the answer may be within you, but it's a lot harder to find if you are not given the opportunity, the time, the support to let it be revealed/found. And from the little I know of your life from the army, it sounds as if you are not getting any of these. How do you feel about going to see a doc? Maybe a first step at least? Sending you positive vibes :hug: :hug:
                  Last edited by RunningCourage; October 29, 2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Hey Army

Funny thing that, Sweety. At the very time that we most need help from others, we habitually isolate ourselves. Why don't you just read but not post for a bit? Then join in when you can? That's what I'm doing at the mo. It always makes me feel so much better just to check in here though. It makes me think that perhaps the world isn't such a totally shit place after all.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] WELL DONE ............. what an achievement for the new sober you. Amazing .....

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        Funny thing that, Sweety. At the very time that we most need help from others, we habitually isolate ourselves. Why don't you just read but not post for a bit? Then join in when you can? That's what I'm doing at the mo. It always makes me feel so much better just to check in here though. It makes me think that perhaps the world isn't such a totally shit place after all.
                        That's a lovely thing to say.
                        But Bridget if we all just read - there will be nothing.
                        We need to make an effort, if not for us, then for others. Who knows what word or phrase will spark something for a newbie or someone else struggling with relapse ?
                        And selfishly, I love reading your posts

Comment

Sweetchops great to have you back.
                          This statement worries me because it sounds like what YS says regarding the constant relapsing.
                          You are overwhelmed with work & duty.
                          You are probably not looking after yourself properly nutrition - wise and that causes all sorts of problems.
                          Maybe start there ?
                          D'Arsey is right it may take someone else to draw it out.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            That's a lovely thing to say.
                            But Bridget if we all just read - there will be nothing.
                            We need to make an effort, if not for us, then for others. Who knows what word or phrase will spark something for a newbie or someone else struggling with relapse ?
                            And selfishly, I love reading your posts
                            OK mate. Well you asked for it I will start tomorrow.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Perhaps I should have told the kids just how ill I was back in July. I sort of glossed over it but if I hadn't had those blood tests, hadn't got treated I'd have been typing this from the great beyond. My guardian angel was working over time time that week........Tbh still haven't told me as I don't want them visiting out of a sense of duty.

Should say they found the c-diff when they were fiddling about with my kidneys.
                              Now Jacks. This is what we mothers all do.
                              Well I know I do. Some call it 'acting the martyr' but I believe we need to keep things to ourselves until we can absorb them without drama and added fuss.
                              By the time that's done it's nearly too late to tell how bad it was. And we then miss out on the love & sympathy we deserve

My DD is always so mad when I eventually tell her - but I just know there would be huge drama if I told her earlier.

TELL THEM NOW !!!

Comment

But I don't think it is good for me just now. Not with having to deal with the ED stuff. Didn't run for a week last week. Was well weird. But good for me. Need to focus on nourishment and putting a bit of weight on. It's hard. The not running is harder, but I need to break the habit as it's so entwined with eating. Not good i suppose.
                                D'Arsey - you are so right to do this.
                                I have always had the opposite problem of weight gain and being the laziest person known to man. I no nothing about TRUE eating disorders (or running for that matter ) but .....
                                Like Sweety if you are not eating properly - you are really abusing your body & everything starts to go bad.
                                You are young yet but it will take it's toll. On the head & the body.

Not good i suppose. May do a wee marathon or summit later instead. Just not the mega races. As much as they appeal... (why i don't know )
                                Addiction to the high maybe? And I know exercise curbs the appetite - perhaps that's it too.

Sorry for just throwing out platitudes ....

Comment

Working...
                                X