Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Morning,
    Lottsa lovely posts to read this morning.....so a nice read back for moi. Would have been here earlier but the Barry the carpet measurer is coming sometime today and had to get dressed........I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards first thing.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION]..........you nurses. Bending over backwards to care of others and not yourselves. See your doctor you sound worn out rather than clinically depressed. I am on a new anti-depressent not for depression but off label as it also improves appetite and sleep..............mirtazapine (remeron)...........and it works. Its got the added bonus that you don't have to wean yourself off it and it doen't matter if you forget a dose.

My little darlings will be told by the pair of us.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        OK mate. Well you asked for it I will start tomorrow.
        I'm going to look forward to this. :welldone:
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Well done Mary, you have should be very very proud of yourself, you too Anon. Wasn’t it the most amazing weekend weather wise. Satz we could have had a meet up. I was staying down the road at the Glendalough Hotel. I was taking part in the walking festival and stayed overnight. Climbed Lugnaquilla on Saturday and while cold with snow on top the views were amazing. Same yesterday. Beautiful part of the country.

:hug::hug: Sweetie, lot of good advice. Know you have your hands full with your Dad etc and maybe you are not into exercise but I would highly recommend a walk in nature as a good mood booster.

Hope your carpet guy came JC. I think you should let the young ones know too, as Mammys we are always there but not to be taken advantage of. Keep posting Bridget, you are like a breath of fresh air. Do you still have the lodgers? Waves to everyone else, better go and unpack.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
            Satz we could have had a meet up. I was staying down the road at the Glendalough Hotel. I was taking part in the walking festival and stayed overnight. Climbed Lugnaquilla on Saturday and while cold with snow on top the views were amazing. Same yesterday. Beautiful part of the country.
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] I was in Glendalough Hotel on Saturday after the hike for a coffee.:egad:
            We walked up to the Miners Village on Saturday stayed over & did Lough Dan on Sunday - amazeballs that is. After trekking down we came across this :

image1.jpg

Will deffo return to this in the Summer -it'd be like a desert Island ....
            Last edited by satz123; October 29, 2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              @rustop59 I was in Glendalough Hotel on Saturday after the hike for a coffee.:egad:
              We did up to the Miners Village on Saturday stayed over & did Lough Dan - amazeballs that is.
              How big is Ireland, anyway??? Y'all can practically run into one another!!

@JackieClaire, I've made the same mistake with my sprogs (is that the right word for kids???). I've always been able to handle most things so I think I've let them believe I can handle everything - physical and mental. I've been badly hurt by some things done or not done and many things said. I don't think it occurs to them, especially our son, how we are affected. I also think I expect them to figure out what state I might be in when, for example, I had to be in the hospital or nursing home for over a month with my mom. But no... it wasn't until I finally had an absolute meltdown that it occurred to them that maybe mom wasn't 'fine'... I'm not sure where the right balance is on all this.
              Last edited by NoSugar; October 29, 2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Jacs........your post...Would have been here earlier but the Barry the carpet measurer is coming sometime today and had to get dressed. Does that mean Barry the carpet measurer has to get dressed???did he have a brother who played a part in Dads Army?...John le Measurer?

hiya ebberywun else...
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]...........its so difficult.
                  Had the conversation with the S&H......in fact just off the phone. Very open and honest.........It all went very well. I should have told him sooner and plans have been made to see each other more often........he made it very clear that it wasn't deliberate on his part because of my drinking. Think we'll call it a work in progress for now.
                  Next Jenny. She's in Germany at the moment so will catch up with her at the weekend.

I have to thank you all for listening.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                    Jacs........your post...Would have been here earlier but the Barry the carpet measurer is coming sometime today and had to get dressed. Does that mean Barry the carpet measurer has to get dressed???did he have a brother who played a part in Dads Army?...John le Measurer?

hiya ebberywun else...
                    :hahaha:........that was groan worthy.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

WHERE IS TABBERS ?
                      NoSugar has bumped his thread that everyone loved. Such a waste not to have him here

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        WHERE IS TABBERS ?
                        NoSugar has bumped his thread that everyone loved. Such a waste not to have him here
                        Yea Tabbers please Check in. Glad you got it half sorted JC. ThatÂ’s gas Satz, we could have walked past each other. Wish I was more computer literate or I would post some amazing photos. Very small country No Sugar. Great to see yourself and Mick. Satz you have to do the Spinc, miners village is part of it , about 3.5 hours but my favorite walk/hike, you go on a circuit over the lakes.

I know it has become very quiet on the boards but if people are just reading I think it might be inspiring. Look at how many of us are out there running marathons, hiking, volunteering. Might have moved past all the giving up alcohol chat but if you are at the bottom of a bottle then just reading about this shows that another life is out there for the living and boy is it good :welldone::welldone:

Comment

Evening all

Thanks for all your kind and thoughtful posts x You all have things down to a tee regarding my life/lifestyle.

This is what I meant by saying the answer is within me. I know my tank is empty, that I can do no more at present about the Daddy situation, if anything I have to take a step back. I can't protect him from everything or prevent the near daily mini -mishaps he has. He wants to be independent and I have to let him be. For now. But that is hard and doesn't stop the worry.
                          I know my diet leaves a whole lot to be desired. I don't get enough fresh fruit and veg. I like my chocolate and coffee.
                          I don't get enough exercise. Much as I know a walk in the country would be good for my soul, especially at this time of year with the beautiful colours and the crisp fresh air. I know talking with and meeting up with friends would also be good for the soul but again I hide just like when I was drinking.
                          I know I am too hard on myself and constantly down on myself. That negative Ninny voice wins the day, all day everyday.

Knowing these things yet not acting on them is the thing. Just like way back when I knew I had a drink problem but continued to do it until I finally took action. I guess I need to try make some sorta plan, write it down and slowly, slowly start acting on it....yeah?

Jacks glad you've spoke to son and will to Jenny. I'd imagine they will want to hear and be there for you.

Satz and Rustop that is gas youse were so near each other. Sounds like a beautiful part of this wee country. Not as nice as the Mournes mind!

D'Arsey how's the show going or has it been and gone? Good to see you being proactive with the ED/exercise thing. Proud of you man x I need to do opposite of you and eat less walk more!

Hi to NoSugar, Mick and rest of youse 😊

Comment

yeah do miss Tabbers with his gentle wit and lovely way with words. Hope he is doing ok.

Comment

Evening,
                              Great to see you [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] and sorry to hear you're feeling low. You are absolutely right about a plan, and you have it right there. Add a visit to the doc too. Any of those things on your list is not easy, but you dont have to jump in all at once. Do one thing tomorrow, another small thing the next day.

Great news [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] about the S+H. Well done you.

This could be the week of Doing One Thing (DOT :congratulatory:, Im a marketing genius) - my head is in the sand about a financial thing... neither good nor bad, just a pain in the arse. I'll do it this week.

Hilarious about Satz and Rustop being in the same hotel..We are not that small NS, they just have good taste and like nice places :happy2:
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning, lovelinesses.

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION]............lists...........I love lists. Start of easy.........even if its just get up when the alarm goes off (not pressing snooze 73 times), moisturise face, eat something nice......pop on that ring the doctor. Write a list of how you feel............I used to make appointments for my GP and by the time I got in front of her would say I'm fine, fine.......honestly don't know why I'm bothering you etc, etc........now I take a list.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].:hug:.......ah darling financial shit. I'll be honest here about 8 years ago we nearly went bankrupt and the day one of our cards got refused was probably the most embarrassing thing that has happened to us. Had we gone bankrupt Mr JC would have lost his practice certificate which would have meant he couldn't continue as a solicitor (lawyer) and lost his job. Anyway we swallowed our pride and got help from a company dealing in debt management. It meant no credit cards, he kept his job and just living on what we earned........a great lesson for the pair of us.
                                Turned out Mr JC was frightened to tell me about the money situation as I was so early in sobriety and didn't want to rock the boat. We're in a better place now financially. We will never ever have another credit card even though our credit rating is A1.
                                Don't leave your head in the sand too long.

Sorry if that sounded bossy.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X