• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Congrats on interview D'Arsey

Comment

And SweatPea, if my kids grew up like you, Id be very happy. Except maybe for my son, that would be weird. :happy2:
      Funeral today so took the whole day off! even had my first ever nana nap. 15 mins, I was out cold and felt like Id slept 8 hours when I woke. They are BRILLIANT.

Primary school AGM the other night, they have decided to focus a lot on Anxiety this year. Said its becoming a major issue in schools. Im sure RC sees a lot too.
      speaking of.. How did the interview go [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]?
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning, rise and shine you lazy lot :love: Been up ages, went to be weighed, breakfast and did my meditation etc. now getting ready for my walk. Well done RC, bet you are glad to have that over.

Picked my daughter up yesterday, so lovely to have her home. It’s a bit weird having them both here but a good weird, like a step back in time. Right off for a nice walk in the woods....

Comment

Morning,

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          That made me howl laughing......:welldone:....I think we should greet each day in a similar manner.

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]...........well done young man.

[MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION].......I still get anxious as well but as well as giving up the grog the counselor I saw taught me some breathing techniques and told me its okay to be anxious at times........he also taught me to recognise what I was anxious about and how to deal with it. Also we need some anxiety so we can pause, its Ok to be anxious and think why we're anxious and remember its only psycopaths that live without anxiety.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola Troopers!

Interesting movie. 'What the health' - Documentary "What The Health?" Subtitulado en Espanol - YouTube

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening,
              Quiet as the grave again today But there again not a lot going on up here on the Costa del Tyne apart from........

Made the meringues...........there's a slight covering of icing sugar everywhere. Double cream and raspberries coulis anyone???

Took a delivery of a wee chest of drawers to put all my sewing, crochet, knitting stuff in.........actually not that small.

Think I said the other day S&H in Venice with his GF.........its on my wish list. Anyway no ordinary taxi for that pair picked them up............it was a water-taxi........how good is that. They were going to do the gondolas today but not at 80 euros a quick whizz up and down a canal.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

howdy.
                Its on my wish list too [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

All quite here too.

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - any more of them meringues left?! Love a good home made meringue. Not a fan of the dusty, dry shop bought ones.

Morning folks, how is a'body. Thanks for the well done on getting the job. Unless I royally screwed up it was mine for the taking, but still need work as I said. Anyway, it's TFI FRIDAY! Last day of school for a while and after 4 weeks am truly banjaxed. Actually just looking forward to getting the show done and dusted with as will hopefully have more time to think and do school stuff. And not be run off my feet and not sleeping enough.
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - YS going to AA? Seems maybe a light has switched on there? Hope so for your sake as well as his (sorry not had a chance to look back).
                  [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] - how ya feeling there?

Big waveraroos to the rest of youse - i'd best be up and get ready now.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Looks like everyone is busy and hopefully doing well. Check in and let us know, we worry when you go awol. You are doing great RC, Will be midterm before you know it.

I could do with a very large chest of drawers for my crochet stuff. JC, it seems to be multiplying. Would recommend Venice Mary and JC, was there many moons ago. Had both girls here yesterday, one is writing her thesis but so nice just having them around. Busy weekend ahead, birthday dinner with daughter Saturday night and hope to get 4 hour hike in too in preparation for walking weekend end of the month. Happy Friday :love::love::love:

Comment

Morning.
                      [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]............more than enough left..........they've got a lovely chewiness on the inside..........bit of double cream and some summer fruits to go with?

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]............this wee set of drawers is to keep it looking tidy downstairs..........the rest can be shoved under the stairs. Good luck with your daughter's thesis.

Next phase of the re-furb........going to order the stair carpet tomorrow...its never-ending :waaaa:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi all,

All ok here just working very hard

Are you off to the emerald isle this weekend Jax?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Hi all,

All ok here just working very hard

Are you off to the emerald isle this weekend Jax?
                          Decided to cancel and come across next spring.

Funnily enough, popped into work for a bit and its going great guns since the new manager took over......the cafe is has brought its prices down to affordable and a plate of 2 eggs and chips a mere £1.99. Still got the vegan as well as the vegetarian and meatarian menu going on and all the stuff made on the premises.

Just in and Bess is gnawing my leg for her dinner.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; October 5, 2018, 10:01 AM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Is there anybody there.............echo........echo......echo
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
                              yo - quick one as am banjaxed, just in from rep's.

hope you're all well - no change to read back yet. did interview, got job (though may have been only person). So that hoop has been jumped through. They did say i needed work on my interview cos if had been a strong field likely wouldn't have got it - but it's good cos they're all very supportive, so keen to help me/one another to do our best

off to leaba -
                              D'Arsey
                              Let me get this straight. They said you got the job - then said if there had been someone better they'd have got the job ? - FFS !!!
                              Tell them to eff the feck off !!!!
                              Either you are good enough for the job or not - and stop that nonsense. Does not instil confidence in you.... ..... idiots whoever they are :cuss:

Comment

Well thats great value [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!
                                Love a proper chewy meringues too. Well done on the interview [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION], sound like you nailed it :thumbs:

Busy house again [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], enjoy! Would you ever feel pressure from the girls to have a drink at dinner?

Good to see you [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].. work ok??

One of our cats has been missing for 2 days (we got 2 brothers, theyre about 8mths old). Devastation here. Not holding too much hope at this stage

Just saw a MASSIVE spider walk over the sitting room floor!

Comment

Working...
                                X