One Step at a Time - October 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

Bird - I hope you are having a great time today. Sounds like it is going to be so much fun.
    Gross about Meow Meow - but that is their nature. Our 7 year old cat, Shadow, is missing. He wasn't around this morning which is very unusual. He is terrified of loud noises and someone was putting off extremely loud firecrackers last night after we were in bed. Also hubby heard a short (but vicious) cat fight in the middle of the night. So, we are worried.

Pauly - I'm so happy for you that work is better. I do understand what you meant about one person being so toxic. It is like a cloud that just covers the environment. That is what it is like at my work. It has been a little bit better in that she hasn't flared up at me but that just means it has been directed elsewhere. I'm working on trying to stay positive. )
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sorry about the short, multiple posts. I keep getting interrupted.

Liz - I'm glad that the dinner went well. So sorry about your Mom's discs. That sounds so very painful.

Rusty - what are you up to today? Did you get a walk in along the lake path?

Going to be back when I can. nthego:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

GLassie, so glad you're doing a bit better! Keep pampering yourself.
        PAuly, so glad that one girl at work is gone and it's a more pleasant environment. That is a big deal. Nora, I'm glad that one by you is not directing her wrath upon you, even though it's at someone else's expense.
        Bird, I saw your pictures on fb and it looks like a good time. I think we got the rain today you had yesterday! CJ's cat is an indoor cat and was playing with a fly that got into the house! She ate it:egad:
        Been keeping busy here with work. Hubby took me on a date last night to Walmart:congratulatory: hard as you might find this to believe we do not have a Walmart close by so we don't frequent it. Bought some new Christmas decorations for the family room, which I don't normally decorate. Just feel like it's going to be a tough holiday season and I am determined to make it through the best I can. I don't think CJ will come home, though I'm not sure. I want to make it fun for Logan. I even bought a Christmas comforter and pillows for our bedroom:congratulatory:
        Don't where the day went, but it got away from me. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!
        Last edited by Lizann; October 27, 2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I hope you are having a happy day. Are you celebrating with TS? When & where is your cruise? I totally forgot so now I'm excited again for you.
              [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - you are so great about keeping up on everyone's important days. :hug: Thank you for that. How are you feeling? I haven't been reading around the threads like I should. I get busy with life and tend to check in here and that's about it.
              [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - are you still doing ok - out of your funk? I know that I have been in one and finally snapped out of it too. Nothing wrong with me just really flat. Then yesterday I woke up and things were better. Shrug.....who knows.
              How is your Mom doing?

Bird - are you tired out from your big day yesterday? Has Meow Meow brought you any other presents? :eeew:

Glassie - I know that you are still sick & weak so probably not up to typing. Just know that you are very loved and missed around here. Please take care of yourself my friend.

Pauly - I meant to comment yesterday but I laughed about you saying how dark Louie looked in his pictures. Tell me what color shirt it is and I'll wear it. I need to look darker. :rotlf: Just kidding. Seriously, Louie is such a handsome boy. Everytime I see a picture of him, I'm just struck by how cute he is. Those eyes of his get me everytime. :heartbeat: And now you have another cutie pie. What a blessing.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                Happy Birthday Lizann!!!! Hope you have had a wonderful day! Good on the xmas stuff. My cats love to eat flies haha.........Nora, did you find Shadow? I hate it when the cats aren't at the door in the morning...I have been having a fun time with my kids. Was great to see my old band friends at the competition I went to with dd2 and her bf. Then they came over and we ordered pizza and played Clue and jammed some as the bf plays guitar....then today took dd1 and her bf and friend to lunch, then we went to the park, then dd1 took me on a tour of the theatre which was very nice as I don't get to see what she does if she is working on the lights or whatever that isn't acting, then we went to see Guys and Dolls which was put on by the university opera. Really good. So I am so tired......waves to Pauly, Rusty, Glassie and AC

Comment

Hi everyone and thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a good weekend. Mark and CJ both sent packages and we FaceTimed. Erin, Dan and the baby came to lunch today. Mom took us all out for lunch. TS picked her up and BS and her hubby were there too. BS birthday is in just a few days so we celebrated together. We kept it low key and close to moms house because she is still in a lot of pain. A definitely quieter celebration this year, but that's ok. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I know you talked about CBD oil awhile ago. I was wondering if you found it to work. A friend at church takes it and swears by it. I ordered some for mom and will give it a try. Anybody have any thoughts or comments on this? I know nothing about it.
                  Well I'm going to go read, got some new books! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

Comment

X post [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], sounds like a fun weekend you had. I'm glad! Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a good day!

Comment

Liz - I have definitely had an improvement with the CBD oil. I was in so much pain when I walked. It was awful. I still have pain and am stiff and sore but I will definitely take that improvement I have. Hubby has just started taking it now too.
                      I use 4 Corners Cannabis. I take half a dropper full under my tongue every morning. I don't know how to explain how it helps but it does. When I forgot it for a couple of days, I could tell the difference. I hope that it helps your mom.

Bird - It sounds like such a great time. Sounds like a busy, busy weekend though. I think it's really cool that you got to get a tour of the theater.

Well - it's already Sunday night. How did that happen? Ha, ha
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

Glassy-thank you for checking in, love. I hate to see you still battling all your health issues but it sounds like you're getting all the meds sorted out, and I am praying you will fully recover.

I've been extremely busy and have not had time to post. I am in Minnesota now, working, and will be here until tomorrow. I am getting out of my funk but still feel kind of blah.
                        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-what a fun weekend you had, and how cool that you could jam with your friends....spur of the moment fun is sometimes the best! I am happy for you.
                        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-so glad you enjoyed your birthday. I hope the CBD oil helps your mom.
                        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I am glad the CBD oil alleviated your pain. Do you think it would help my aching back?

Pauly-I loved the pics of Lou and Romeo on FB. Sooo cute!!
                        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]-I loved the cake you got for Liz's birthday. That was so thoughtful of you.:love:

Well, friends, I am off to the gym.

Happy AF Monday to all!

Comment

[MENTION=22700]Rusty-[/MENTION] I know what you mean about feeling blah. But, I am doing better. I hope you are too. :hug: Well, I never would have guessed Minnesota. I'm going to get a big map and a picture of you. I'm going to play where's Rusty. LOL Poor thing. It must be rough travelling so much.
                          I say it's worth a shot to try the CBD oil. I would try it for a few weeks to a month and see if you feel an improvement. With me it was so subtle that I didn't realize it was helping.

What is everyone else up to today? Nothing much here. We just got out of the spa. I was laughing again at the fact that they call this a 4 person hot tub. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], you're always working so hard, I honestly don't know how you do it all! I hope you include some time to relax. Just wondering, do you ever just kick back and I don't know, watch tv or anything?
                            @ Nora, I did order the CBD and now I'm wondering if it's a good idea for her to take it. She is starting some new medications, lexapro, a steroid and another drug I'm not sure what for. I'm wondering if I should even mention it to the orthopedist tomorrow. Maybe I'll just have her wait until at least she's off the steroid. Thanks for the feedback, maybe I should just keep it for myself. I have been having restless legs at night, wakes me up during the night.
                            Anyway, my office manager bought in cream puffs today for my birthday! Totally unexpected, but such a nice surprise! OMG! They were amazing!
                            AG, Bird, PAuly Glassie hope you had a good Monday. Watching some Monday night football!

Comment

Morning friends,Liz glad you had a great birthday hope everyone has a wonderful AF Tuesday!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Tuesday! Took mom to the orthopedist. She has spinal stenosis and she will have an epidural next week. The weakness/nerve damage isn't too bad right now. It will progress. Hoping to just get some relief from the nerve pain. She was in good spirits this morning and we went to breakfast after the doctor and did some food shopping. I did the packing and lifting and put all the things away. She was shot by the time she got home. I must admit, I'm pretty tired right now too. What's everyone else up to? Is anyone keeping up with self care? Definitely lacking for me today!

Comment

Working...
                                X