One Step at a Time - October 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

Liz - glad that the party went well. I did hear about that limo story. So sad. I heard on my way home from work that it had failed an inspection recently. So very sad. Do you belong to a big congregation? Sorry, you had to clean up too!
    Is Logan going to have a costume for Halloween? I don't know if you celebrate Halloween - I forget.

Pauly - how are the boys feeling? Something is going around here. My friend at work has the flu. Someone else was sick last week. My hubby has a sore throat now. I thought my brother & I were getting a little closer but it's not going to happen. Sorry about your brothers too. But, I agree - whatever. What are the boys going to be for Halloween?

Glassie - Are you still stick from before you went on vacation? I'm surprised you are not in the hospital. I am glad that you were able to make it to the wedding and see that smile on your sons face. :heartbeat:

Rusty - I am glad that you are committing to only 2 hours on Friday. You have to set limits even if it is your own business.

Bird - That was really sad about that young man. No wonder everyone was crying. Have you still been thinking about Alaska?

So, my hot tub is having issues.The water got cloudy. Hubby has been monitoring the chemicals so I don't know what happened. We are draining it and going to start over. If it happens again, I don't know what we are going to do. We'll figure it out.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - x-post
      You are getting a work out carrying Romeo. He's such a cutie. Hope you can relax now that the boys are gone.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
        Really windy here, gonna go out and get some wind chimes. Had to buy dd1 a new laptop last night. I hate going out ant beer thirty, but I did and made it home ok. Want to get a bit of exercise in today before the rain comes. At least I hope it comes. Still thinking about Alaska...talking about brothers, I have 3, 2 in Alaska and 1 in Reno. These are my biologicals so they don't know me well, but I have them on fb...also 2 sisters. I have tried to get close to all of them with no luck. I send messages and get one word answers or no answer at all. It would seem to me that if you had a long lost sister you would want to get to know her. Same with my biological parents, I suppose one of the reasons I want to go up there is to try and bond. One of my brothers lives with my mom. I have been up there 3 or 4 times. None of them have been down here, I even offered to buy my mom a ticket (this was many years ago when she was not so old)..I get on well with my SIL, the one who sent the salmon awhile back, but her hub(my bro) barely spoke to me when I visited. So.......Glassie, I am sorry you were sick, but glad it wasn't so bad that you couldn't go. Hope you are on the mend now....Paulie, so Romeo is getting big now! That sucks about the beer at IHOP. Beer and pancakes, ugh. I am still swimming but it is a bit cold........Liz, glad the shindig went well. I did hear about the limo crash. A sad thing...Nora hope you got the water cleared up. I went to a big fair the other day and saw a few hot tub vendors, thought of you....later all

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,maybe a pump isn't working we'll in the hot tub? No way should it get cloudy that quick,hope it gets sorted,Bird,like I said we can't change people but damn it hurts a lot,I have 2 brothers that my mom had with her first marriage and we share the same sperm donor(I'll never call him a dad!) I honestly think my horrifying drinkin style came from that side cuz they both wake up with a beer in their hands both have been really successful tho career wise but I don't talk to them,they refuse to believe that their dad abused me so there will always be tension,fuck em.then my other 4 brothers and sister my mom had with who I consider my dad are the ones I wish I was closer to,Jonzo was that group been thinking of him a lot lately,,not sure why,then was watching Long island medium last night and started weeping cuz those people get to hear their loved ones are at peace,hope he is.much love to all and wishes for an incredible,AF Tuesday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

PAuly, wow 26lbs. Logan is just 25 lbs and he is 25th percentile for weight. He runs around so much that burns those calories just as fast! I know I'm exhausted when Logan leaves, but he laughs all the time and I love the noise in my house:love:
            Pauly and Bird, that must be so hard to have family that doesn't want to interact with you. That's a whole lot of hurt and rejection. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], are you the oldest of your biological siblings? Do you know why they are hesitant to bond with you? Don't answer if I'm being nosy, I apologize. Just trying to make sense of it. Anyway, All the more reason to hold our own children close to us.
            Nora, not good about the hot tub. I'm with Pauly, the pump not working properly? How is your mom doing? Our congregation is quite small now, but we are a family. We do celebrate Halloween but not any big deal. Erin isn't planning on a costume for Logan this year and he's too young to trick or treat. I have a problem with the ghosts and gore of the holiday.
            GLassie are you feeling better?
            Rusty, looks like you're enjoying your time in Virginia, even though it is work.
            I have an appt for a new dentist on Thursday , my old one retired. I have to fill out a new patient form and they ask if I have or have had a problem with drugs or alcohol. How would you guys answer that question, if you don't mind me asking? I checked no, but wonder if that's the right thing to do?
            Anyway on a lighter note I talked to my mom today and she went shopping for herself! She bought some new clothes, which I take as huge! She wants to come with us down the shore on Saturday to a German restaurant for Oktoberfest. MOm is from Germany but from the north and Oktoberfest is a Bavarian (southern) thing. She is planning things and getting out. I am so happy that she is. I know how lonely she is without daddy, but she is working through her grief. I keep telling myself it's a process and I'm so proud of her. Anyway that's my happy news for today!
            Last edited by Lizann; October 9, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Thats fantastic news about your mom Liz! Very happy to read that I think you answered correctly on the dental form too

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone. We just started watching 'Designated Survivor' on Netflix. Wow. We ended up watching 2 episodes.
                We got the hot tub back up & going but the water was only up to 98 degrees and it was very breezy. So, I decided to wait until tomorrow. Hubby has checked the filters (and we're buying more) and he's going to really watch all the levels. (Thank goodness that he is enjoying this spa because he would not be a happy camper otherwise )

Liz - on the form for the dentist, I would have said no. When I went to the Dr I answered yes. Of course, now it's all over my medical record. No changing that.
                Also - so happy to hear about your Mom getting out. That is great. Of course, it's hard for her but that is good to be shopping and making plans.

Pauly - I'm sorry that you had to experience that awful thing with that man. But, I'm so glad that you have your Dad. It's not blood that counts. I didn't realize how big your family is.

Bird - 3 brothers - wow. It's nice that your SIL is trying to keep in touch with you. I hope you do whatever makes you happy.

I'm concerned about Glassie. I hope she's not in the hospital. Sending good thoughts to Australia.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

ha - another x-post Pauly
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                    I'm concerned about Glassie. I hope she's not in the hospital. Sending good thoughts to Australia.
                    Thanks lovely. Not in hospital, but just really sick.
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends,Gladys? What's going on? Just a virus or what,seems to be lingering,feel better hon Nora,I hope hubs can get the hot tub to behave,Liz,Rome's just a big baby I guess,,a really big baby he's how I thought Lou was gonna be but Lou was just average size,maybe its cuz Kell's tall she's 5'9 either way he's so cute and munchable haha,Bird,sounds like you're surrounded by great places to hike,I'm jealous! There's a huge mountain up the road but the air force base owns the area so its off limits,we did sneak up once when it snowed here back in 2008 that was cool,Rusty big waves to you love,ok everybody try to make it a happy AF Wednesday!

Comment

Hi all,
                        A hurricane coming, the schools are closed and some things are closing at lunch. Already getting a little rain. Its ok with me, as long as no tornados come with it...then afterwards, cooler weather, finally. I will have to get the pool ready for winter, or what passes for winter here......Nora, I'm glad your hub likes the tub. Good he is tending to it.......Lizann, I always put no on the forms. It doesn't seem like they ever read that stuff. Yes, I am the oldest of my sibs. There were a couple more but they are gone. I think we haven't bonded well because we have spent very little time together, and are all the quiet type, and not phone talkers..idk, that is my guess. I am glad I was adopted though. I wouldn't trade that for anything...I find Halloween a bit scary these days myself. Glad your mom is getting out some. I was thinking about going to Oktoberfest, there is a Bavarian themed town about 3 hours from here......Pauly, I sure got my drinking from both sides, when I met my biologicals every one of them has had trouble with it, on both sides...Lou and Romeo are both very very cute!....Glassie, hope you are doing better...

Comment

I'm kinda scared, the weather...akk, I have a bunch of water and batteries and stuff..damn tornados around

Comment

Bird - hope it has passed over you by now. Scary!!!!
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yikes,keep us posted Bird! Stay safe.

Comment

Ahh, the center of it won't be here until 2 or 3 a.m.. hopefully by then it will be a tropical depression, but right now it is raining like crazy and wind like crazy. But the lights are still on so that is good. One of the cats is out and won't come in. I was thinking that when I lived in Florida people would have these hurricane parties. I cannot imagine being drunk and going through a bad storm, or passed out and your house blows down....

Comment

Working...
                                X