Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Happy Friday.

Anybody have big plans today?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday. Bird, yes it is different when the kids start doing their own thing. I think we are getting the same weather as you today, rain.
      Nora, I wish my hubby would start taking down the Christmas decorations. I'm ready to have it all gone.
      I managed to keep myself busy yesterday, cleaned out my makeup drawer. Threw out a huge bag of stuff I haven't used in years. I find as I get older less makeup is better. Erin brought Logan over last night and her and I went to a few stores to get some Christmas stuff for next year on clearance. Dan is in Vermont skiing so we'll see them a lot this weekend! Bought a pair of pjs on clearance and they are so pretty!
      not sure what today will bring. Erin and Logan will be over around noon and we will highlight our hair. Probably dinner out with the kids and I'm so excited to have two of them together.
      Have a great AF Friday!

Comment

Sounds like a fun day, Liz.:welldone:
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
          Went to have my teeth cleaned today. I don't like going but...Liz, that sounds fun. I might take my kids out tomorrow eve. I want to get some pics downtown before they take the lights down. Went by Michaels and got some stuff. I want to try some more paintings with the youtube lady. Nora, enjoy your time off...

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - how are you doing? Are you having lots of fun with your kids around? :yay: How long is your daughter going to be there?
            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] - I have to go get my teeth cleaned too. Going to try a new dentist this time so I've been putting it off.

@Liz - good job on finding something to keep you busy. I told hubby to get a couple of the totes ready for me to go thru tomorrow.
            [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - are you still off work? You have been so busy with holiday festivities.

We are watching the stupidest movie..... The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. It's a parody of the old science fiction B movies. Oh well, hubby is getting a kick out of it.

Well - I am worried about Glassie. I do hope that everything is ok.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Talk about stupid movies, Mark decided he wanted to see Bird in a Box with Sandra Bullock. Hubby and I watched with him. It was just so weird. Apparently it is the most watched movie in a weekend on Netflix. I enjoy Sandra bullock but OMG.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
                Talk about stupid movies, Mark decided he wanted to see Bird in a Box with Sandra Bullock. Hubby and I watched with him. It was just so weird. Apparently it is the most watched movie in a weekend on Netflix. I enjoy Sandra bullock but OMG.
                I saw something about that movie and decided to give it a hard pass. I do enjoy Sandra Bullock too, but nope.

I also see that Julia Roberts has some new show or something on Netflix or Amazon. That one also looked too heavy for me at the moment. I am sticking with more lighthearted entertainment right now.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                  So dd2 got dd1 a card game for xmas we were going to play. It was based on some show they watch, which is Rick and Morty. They wanted me to watch the episode it was based on, and talk about the weird, and I did not like it at all. Was kinda like family guy or cleveland, which I do not like. It all seems normal to the kids though. I'll stick with Andy Griffith. Did watch Summer of 42 the other night. That is a little more my speed. I remember we played the theme in band in 7th grade, I do like the tune.....going out to the Indian mounds, the visitor center is closed cuz of the gvt. shutdown, but you can still walk the trails. Later...

Comment

Bird, that sounds so nice. I feel like hiking today too. Nothing really to close by though. Seems quite breezy out too.
                    What's everyone up to today? Erin is making dinner for us tonight.
                    It's been unusually quiet here lately or is it me? Wishing you all a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Happy Saturday.
                      Yep, it's been very quiet here. I guess we are the boring group. :egad:

Just woke up. Slept in until 9. So guess I better get up and do something.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi guys. It is very quiet here. I wish that people would join in more often but I think we all have the spots we hang out. If you guys are ok with it then we'll just keep on going on.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I know that I haven't been posting very much lately. I do apologize - I haven't been responding to anyone very much. I think I've scared everyone away - ha, ha.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Friends!

It has been a whirlwind holiday season and I’ve enjoyed it but I am on the brink of being burnt out on it as I have been entertaining and have been entertained almost every day for the last week straight. I was supposed to meet some friends for dinner on New Year’s eve and I’m going to back out. I just want to stay at home in front of my big fireplace with a roaring fire going, all snuggly with my new slippersocks that my good friend gave me for Christmas.My dinner party was very small on the 27th but it was better that way. I went to my mom’s today to watch the Cotton Bowl but in fortunately, Notre Dame lost. My niece and her husband joined us and they are such wonderful company. They go over and visit my mom at least once or twice a month without even being asked.

I don’t want you guys to worry that we’re a boring bunch. We are certainly not a boring bunch at all! It just happens with threads from time to time… Especially around the holiday season. We all have commitments and I think some threads ebb and flow.

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], I really appreciate your candor in telling us how you feel about having too much time off. You are wise to come up with a plan to keep yourself extra busy. Could you do something fun with your mother and your sisters? I know we will be Sad to see Mark go back to England. It didn’t seem like he was home very long at all… The time just flew by.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-Did you play percussion when you were in the band in high school? Good for you for getting an early start on your musical career. Have you been able to use your drums that much lately?

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...Pauly....Where are you and how are you?

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]- What are you gonna do with the rest of your time off this weekend or next?

A big hello to everyone else… I am off to bed. Sweet dreams and I’ll see you tomorrow.
                            Last edited by Rusty; December 30, 2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Rusty, you are so sweet! Thanks for your kind words!

Comment

Good morning and happy Sunday! Had such a rough night sleeping, I don't know why. This has been three nights in a row now. I'm wondering if it might be because my sleep schedule has changed because of the holiday. I'm just miserable this morning. Had a wonderful time at Erin's last night. She's a great hostess. Dan is not adventurous when it comes to eating so Erin enjoys experimenting when he is away.
                                Rusty, sounds like a wonderfully busy holiday for you. I'm thinking I would like to stay home for New Year's Eve too. Chinese food in front of my tv. We are invited to our neighbors. Guess I'll see.
                                Off to church in a bit, then Olive Garden for lunch with mom and the kids.
                                Have a great Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X