Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I decided to keep my commitment and go out to dinner with my friends. I had a GREAT time! It was the perfect ending to a lovely and relaxing holiday. Dinner was at 4:00 and I was at home by 7:00. We got clobbered with snow. That was a blessing in disguise because the restaurant was pretty bare and a lot of people were not drinking as they knew they would have to drive in a blizzard. I went to a few sessions with an addictions therapist in 2008 and when I was bemoaning the fact that I could not drink my wine with my mother anymore, she said, "it's not what's in the glass....it's the company you are with that matters." She was right. Our table was a fun group of teetotalers and moderate drinkers, and we were all laughing so hard that when we said our goodbyes, our glasses were still full because we spent so much time talking and laughing.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Happy New Year, sweetheart! Thank you for checking in with us.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I am glad you heard from Dr. Glassy and she is OK. I hope she is feeling better. I miss her. I am glad that you can view your relationship with your brother objectively and with some distance so you don't immediately get depressed speaking with him. It is SO hard not to become co-dependent. I struggle with that. Sorry to hear that the fox have moved to your neighborhood. We have packs of coyotes here and at night, you can hear them yelping when they make a killing. Creepy! I have never seen The Thin Man series. I must check it out.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-I echo what [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] said....please let us know how we can be more supportive. We will miss you but I understand how the other threads give you more support. We don't all talk about AL here on a daily business.

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I so admire your ability to get through all the crises you had in 2018 without drinking: the deaths of Lucy and your dad and Mark leaving for England.:yay: For a newcomer who might be lurking, could you please share what you did to avoid going down the AL rabbit hole?

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-how wonderful that you pursued your musical talents at such a young age. Good thing you have so much acreage...you can have band practice without the neighbors complaining. LOL

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]-the iPhone 6 is being phased out now so you might want to get a new phone. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] was right. Find an Apple Store. You might be able to get a discount if you trade your existing phone in for a new one. I have an iPhone 10XS and I love it but I had to get used to the touch screen instead of the button at the bottom. The camera is phenomenal, and this phone automatically tracks your screen time every week. WOW! That was an eye opener for me. I realize now that I must spend less time scrolling and lurking on social media. I also love that they made Siri more like Alexa and the commands are much easier to execute.

I am home for the rest of the week but I have lots of paperwork to do so I better get moving....after my workout. That is my self-care for today.

I hope everyone enjoys an AF and unhung New Year's!
    Last edited by Rusty; January 1, 2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

OH wait, it's January!

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-you are SO right!! Thank you!!!:eek-new::heartbeat::welldone: I don't know how to post images or pictures so we will have to wait until [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] wakes up or maybe we can shout out to [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! LOL

Comment

Rusty, I tried to figure it out, but perhaps waiting for Nora is a good idea. Anyway, I'm glad you went and had a great time. I went too and also had a fun night. Much to my surprise there were a lot of people not drinking!

Comment

Agreed ladies, best wait for [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], just not like her to have the new thread ready to go. Don't see her on FB or Messenger yet this morning either.

Thanks for the input [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], think I'll go with the new phone, just haven't decided on the XR or the XS Max lol. Then I think I'll take [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] 's advice and get a new battery put in the old one just in case I need a back-up.
            Last edited by abcowboy; January 1, 2019, 11:33 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
            X