Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Morning,

I think I do take pleasure now [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], but before I was shuffling myself and didnt have the confidence to be so open and proud of myself. Ive notice a shift with that this year. Just took 3 years!!
    We have people from every corner of the world working with us, its interesting to see the different cultures around drink - many genuinely could not comprehend someone choosing not to drink. One even asked if I was pregnant! (my new foundation is more amazing than I thought).

Calm day out there, better get cracking... later.
    Last edited by IamMary; December 16, 2018, 05:46 AM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening All,
      Jeez the days are flying by. Much faster here than in the Northern Hemisphere I think.:happy2:
      On Friday night I'm afraid I had my first adventure with cravings this time around. My brother let him and his drug addled girlfriend into my house then left to pick up his daughter leaving the GF alone in my house with my dog. I lost it and stormed out of work thinking I'd have to put up with her all night. I was so close to tears when I burst through the door and thinking to myself that I may as well drink because this will never be over.
      Then, thank God, a little voice reminded me that it is my house and I do have choices and they cannot be allowed to control my life. So I told him to grow the fuck up and get out, which he did. Today I stripped out the spare room. That felt good. Makes me think there are some other things in my life that I can get back control of.
      Still off on your sabbatical Satzy?
      Seriously Mary, good on you. I always factored in the cost of a taxi or didn't go myself. They'll do a little planning themselves in future. Maybe next time some one asks you why you don't drink just tell them you get violent when you drink - then give them a weird, long smile.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......think I was around the 3-year mark maybes a few months earlier when I got a bit of real confidence. It was at a wedding when I realised that nobody actually gave a flying feck what was in my glass.

Didn't get to bed 'til nearly 3am and didn't sleep well. Poor old Bess was very disturbed by the gales and in and out of the house. If she was in the house she was pacing and outside just got out there and shot back in. I had to use my whole body weight to shut the door. Glad we've got a roof on today..........but today is beautiful. A sunny winter's day.

You must tell me your new foundation. Tonight is face pack night. Even Mr JC joins in........tonight its a moisture bomb.

Good news story of the day.........reduced me to happy tears.

Boy born with 2% of brain gives gifts to Newcastle hospital - BBC News
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cross-post.
          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........good for you, darling.
          I always factored in my taxi home........buggered if I was going to drive a bunch of drunken apes home.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So is it rain?? snow?? White Christmas for you??
            Rusty. interesting you should say that about not doing anything you don't want to. I've been doing a lot of thinking about that lately. I still do a hell of a lot of stuff I'd rather not. I sense some New Year's Resolutions forming....

Working those Christmas Nanna boots JC?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              So is it rain?? snow?? White Christmas for you??
              Its in the laps of the gods. Tbh Jenny's 32 and I can only remember it snowing twice. We had a beautiful one just after I'd got sober......remember getting up early before the rest were awake and going in the back garden in just my nightie and making snow angels.

Working those Christmas Nanna boots JC?
              They've even got velcro on the sides in case of sudden calf swellings. They just keep giving.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Funny I can only remember two white Christmas’. One the year we got married 1984 and the other when the girls were about 9 or 10. We have the calm after the storm today so just had nice walk with the doggies. Will have the house to myself tonight so Netflix and crocheting I think, bliss. Good to hear you say that Mary. I think I still use the excuse of driving as my crutch. Onwards and upwards. Hope Satz made it off the mountain ok. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

They've even got velcro on the sides in case of sudden calf swellings. They just keep giving.
                  That made me laugh :harhar:

Comment

1984...........I met Mr. JC in Dec 1983 and spent New Year's Eve in my teeny tiny flat I'd just bought. He smoked back then and somehow managed to burn a hole in my brand new carpet.........luckily for him I was smitten already .........so just covered the teeny burn mark with the TV stand.

Update on Pa-in-Law.........much better. Doesn't need the nurse/home help type person to help him dress and although he's still going to need a few gadgets round the house, he's pottering round his shed and garage and driving Ma-in-law round the bend as usual.

I'm doing a bit of cross-stitching at the moment. Would you believe three cactus in their pots.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      That made me laugh :harhar:
                      There you are.......thought you were stuck up a mountain.

My new love............Female Isle Ladies Nylon Fur Trim Boot | The Edinburgh Woollen Mill
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Got back safe and sound - had a lovely night away despite rain, gales etc.
                        Weather did not permit mountains ...... even today was too wet So we came home at lunchtime.

Yesterday Rosie was not herself couldn't poo and was just lolling and not eating. We took her to the vet. He said she had an infection & she's on antibiotics.
                        He also 'emptied' her glands :egad: Jesus what is that about ???

YS looked after the sick puppy, gave her her medicines and she's back to normal today. I suspect he drank too.
                        She's magically learned to climb up & down the stairs ..... I think he was feeding her in his room.... FFS !

I swear she's grown more overnight ..... :heart:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............nearly fainted the first time I saw that done. :egad:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

EThen, thank God, a little voice reminded me that it is my house and I do have choices and they cannot be allowed to control my life. So I told him to grow the fuck up and get out, which he did. Today I stripped out the spare room. That felt good. Makes me think there are some other things in my life that I can get back control of.
                            Good for you Bridge. Are you going to redecorate? Make it into somewhere interesting for yourself? Sofa beds are great for OVERNIGHT guests..

Great news on your dad in law [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. he's a man of steel :happy2:
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I didn't think white Christmas' were as common as we down belows like to think. Just getting an image of JC making snow angels in her nightie.
                              Shame about the mountain break Satz. At least YS kept up with the meds etc. for Rosie. I hate being apart from my dogger, especially if they are sick.

Today I noticed that the black circles under my eyes have all but gone. Imagine six weeks just to get rid of those. My God, what that stuff does to us.

No the spare room is going back to office space Mary. I'm getting rid of all beds until I grow a spine.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Gorgeous Jacks - and a bargain to boot ( see what I did there) !
                                I'd swear bloody Rosie hears my eyes opening - then starts crying. I brought her out & she's back in her crate & still at it. Have to hold my nerve.

YS managed to spoil her in 24 hours .......FFS.
                                Slept in the bed with him. Possibility he was out cold a lt of the time ..... won't leave her with him again. It's dog abuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X