Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Morning,
    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........in all the kerfuffle about Rosie, I missed the meeting with the prospective son-in-law. Reportage in full needed on my desk soonest.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].......the cappuccino machine scares the living daylights out of me. Flat white might become my forte.

Pa-in-law is much, much improved on the higher dose of medication. He's going to need his chair put on blocks and a special toilet seat....but his bloods and blood pressure are all good.....big sigh of relief over here.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good news JC.

Early check in here. Have the running club xmas party tonight. I always hoped there would be a few teetotalers, but struggling to find them.. most taking the bus to and from the venue. Ah well... I'll still enjoy it. except the lazy part of me is always happier by the fire watching netflix.
      Speaking of.. Im running out of shows, any good dramas? Who-done-its in particular?
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all. Great news JC, am sure it is a relief. Tell all Satz :welldone: Enjoy tonight Mary. Was in the city last night. Bloody Luas a joke. Was sorry I had not driven in. Car was at park and ride. No trams running south bound so walked from OConnell Street to Dawson street, waiting 15 min and board went blank. No information, nothing. Found out online that it was not coming. Walked to the green. Another 15 min. One came but so overcrowded could not get on it. Another 15 minutes and managed to get on that one. Rant over, I too am happier at home with Netflix. Have you watched the sinner Mary?

Comment

Morning All,
          Oh Rusty.....I do admire your attempt to still have a go....but really, it's just not us eh? Let them have the crowds and hassle if they want it....
          That is great news JC. He is obviously a very strong man to bounce back like that. Such a worry though.

Do you like true crime Mary? Look forward to some recommendations too. Netflix isn't particularly good in this country yet. People tend to bounce around between streaming services to get more variety. Mind you, we are very spoilt these days. When I was growing up there were two free to air channels, ABC and local and we were alright!

I think I've found my new sweet spot. Rise at 5am, have the park to yourself and pupper, have a good look at people's gardens and get some ideas, watch the sun rise on the way back though. Perfect. 5000 plus steps before 6am..... hmmm I've been struggling to get 4000 steps all day before now.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening,
            Just had a mad dash up to Marks &Spencer. Found a money off coupon that expires today. Spend £30 and get a fiver off.........we'll be eating like royalty 'til about 11am tomorrow morning. Its defo not Aldi prices.
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].....sounds like a bit of heaven you've found.
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].......I shall give a report about our public transport tomorrow. We're both going into town and getting the bus. Pointless taking the car as car park fees are beyond expensive and few and far between but it 80 squillion people still do it.
            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]......I can highly recommend Vikings on Amazon. I have an application in to be a shieldmaiden.........Not crime, but lots of lovely blood and gore. There's Spartacus on Netflix...........lots of blood and gore there too..What about Killing Eve on BBC catch-up........I can see a theme here. I'm either a psychopath or need a psychiatrist.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning,
              Off to town with a ho ho fecking ho. Then back to decorate the tree tra la la fecking la. Not feeling enthusiastic today.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Christmas decorating night here too [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]... Got the tree yesterday. We go to one of those tree farms and pick it out, then they cut it down.. brought it home and it was full of ladybirds and beetles, so it was promptly dragged outside again.

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                Evening all. Great news JC, am sure it is a relief. Tell all Satz :welldone: Enjoy tonight Mary. Was in the city last night. Bloody Luas a joke. Was sorry I had not driven in. Car was at park and ride. No trams running south bound so walked from OConnell Street to Dawson street, waiting 15 min and board went blank. No information, nothing. Found out online that it was not coming. Walked to the green. Another 15 min. One came but so overcrowded could not get on it. Another 15 minutes and managed to get on that one. Rant over, I too am happier at home with Netflix. Have you watched the sinner Mary?
                Nightmare Rustop. Im in town on Friday, but Im definitely driving now. Although the train back out this way is usually grand and they have extra late services, but my Christmas heels are not made for any distance, you would have had to carry me on your shoulders!

Watched Sinner.. Killing eve looks brill JC.. Dont know if I have BBC catchup, will check. Im sure it'll cost me the price of a bottle of wine!!
                Im grand with gore, yep, all sorts of crime too Bridge, espionage, MI5/6. Love a good courtroom drama - I miss the Good Wife, although The Good Fight on Amazon prime was really good too.
                Love Australian Drama's, always a bit quirky.

What a way to start your morning [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning everyone. Don’t envy you JC. Good luck. That’s my idea of heaven Bridget. I get up at 6 the mornings I work but unfortunately this time of year it’s dark . Yesterday was the day for getting trees, we got ours too, have to decorate today. My friend has blisters on both feet Mary from all our walking around, ugh.

Comment

Much less ba humbug and dare I say a bit jolly.:egad:
                    And dare I say Chrimbo shopping bar one or two is done. Just to be wrapped and tagged.
                    Public transport was very good. The buses weren't sticking to a timetable because of the traffic so buses just rolling in and out at will. Luckily I was coming out just as the crowds started..........I do not envy them one little bit. The shops were heaving at 11am.
                    Mr JC's got the trees and lights on (unfortunately one set of lights has gone never to shine again)......he'll nip into Tesco and get some on his way home tomorrow night.

Far to organised this year....something's going to go wrong....so for God's sake someone remind me to put the turkey in Christmas day.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Army brats ! [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] sounds wonderful It's so DREARY here - would drive you to drink.

All's well - kinda - chez Satz.
                      YS is being ignored by all
                      Rosie is still the light of our lives and we cannot even be angry for long when she's around ....
                      We put her in her car seat this morning & drove to the sea at Skerries where she met loads of doggie friends.
                      I've ordered a hat from a girl over there who makes them in her house. For the 'wedding of the year' on Jan 1st.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Doggies walked and about to get ready for work. Just wanted to check in. It’s important especially this time of year. Glad you got your shopping sorted JC. Bet Rosie loved the beach, they derive such joy from the simplest things, we could learn a lot from them. Laters .....

Comment

they derive such joy from the simplest things, we could learn a lot from them.
                          Indeed we could [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]
                          (says she online buying 'stuff' again)

Comment

Evening, evening. It is important to check in at this time of year Rustop. Any excuse for a drink isn't it? I steer people towards lunch and breakfast -less suggestive of boozing - or so you'd hope.Champagne and chicken breakfast is confusing.
                            Really enjoying my morning walks although jumping up at 5 am in winter will be a chore. Oh well, cross that bridge.
                            JC I'd have to go into town with an invisibility cloak on to tolerate that. I've only got a couple left to go as well though.

Have been meaning to have a look at Killing Eve as well, Mary. Good reviews.
                            I just got a visual on Rosie sitting up between her parents like she owns the world and off to the beach. Hysterical.
                            Best be off to bed and keep on schedule.
                            There is a chance that my brother is moving out. One down.....I must stay alert and reactive....push it in the right direction,
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

A quick check of the clock....yes its still morning..........so morning all and waves to Bridgeeeeeeeee at bedtime.

Just set myself a to-do list......if I do a few doable things every day we might just might get a Christmas Eve that just doesn't end with a screeching battle of words about where the feck every thing is.

I love that Rosie has a car seat. Bess has a car harness..........she hates it. Many doggy chocolate drops are needed to get her into it.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning from tomoz!
                                Sneaky check in from work.
                                Sweety! Where are you chook??!
                                Hope everyone is going well. I've had it very easy with the cravings and side effects and feel better and better every day, especially since I introduced exercise (and I can't believe I just said that) I think I just passed 6 weeks today and realised last night that there is a bottle of wineish stuff sitting at home that I forgot about.....I just can't believe that. I will get rid of it just in case but it was a shock to see that there. Wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes six weeks ago.
                                Better get back to it.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X