December Army Manoevres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Sorry, KK is Kris Kindle. you know.. just buy one decent present instead of 20 crap ones.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all
      Working all weekend & fecked.

Need some respite from old folk and their lost memories :yikes1:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Evening all
        Working all weekend & fecked.

Need some respite from old folk and their lost memories :yikes1:
        Bless your heart.

A padded cell for one or a dog-friendly hotel.

MARLFIELD HOUSE HOTEL (Gorey, County Wexford, Ireland) - Reviews, Photos & Price Comparison - TripAdvisor
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning All,

Never seen a cockroach JC??? Jeez Louise. Even worse in rented accommodation and blocks of flats, Mary, especially if the neighbours are grubs. I think these have come in with all the stuff I am storing for everyone, and then the 2 years old longingly stashes food around the place. Gross. Were the cockroaches in the tele? God.
          The best thing my Mum and Grandmother did for me was show me how to garden. It is saving my life at the moment. Filling in down time and giving me something to do where I can see the returns straight away.So satisfying. I remember KTAB getting into his garden in the early days; planting a meadow and such. It was lovely to watch.

Kris Kringle, of course! Great idea.
          Stirly, this DIY gig is a dangerous game. I always look a bit beaten up too. I meant to say - huge congratulations to your special friend on the ten years. That is one hell of an effort. Got to say - good choice of partner for people like us. I often wondered what would be ideal - an ex-drinker, a non-drinker, a normal drinker.

Better get off and do some work I suppose.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by jackieclaire View Post

wow!!!!
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]......nope never a cockroach.........but after my first marriage ended, I had a slug invested rented abode.........I have never been happier.

I am now an avid fan succulent and cactuses (cacti?). Fascinating little buggers.........They flower when you least expect them, need little care and are very good listeners I've dropped hints all over about books and buying me baby ones for Chrimbo.

Right, I'm off to watch the last episode of the previous season of Vikings so I can start the new one tomorrow.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jeez, this place is quiet today. Are you all up to mischief?
                Off to Bedfordshire with me. See you all on the flip side.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I think, like me, lots are probably having trouble logging in today Bridget
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Afternoon,
                    Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    I think, like me, lots are probably having trouble logging in today Bridget
                    Got a weird message about MWO not being safe. :headscratch: Got in eventually.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    Jeez, this place is quiet today. Are you all up to mischief?
                    Off to Bedfordshire with me. See you all on the flip side.
                    1) See above
                    2) Went back to bed as I was beyond tired and felt icky and sicky. Probably due to running around like blue arsed flies yesterday afternoon at the shops. We're lucky we've got a massive TXMaxx, Marks & Spencer, Boots, Poundland and various other retail outlets locally so much shopping was done. Or I could have caught a bug.

Will not be going into town unless its to meet my pal for coffee or to walk through to get to work.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Problem must be sorted again..
                      Im the same [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], will avoid the city unless I absolutely have to. I have only some of the xmas shopping done. I try not to talk about it as everyone around me seems to be done and dusted, the feckers! I like to live on the edge.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      34 days (that includes the end date too JC, lol)
                      One day I will have my 7 years back.
                      Took this from the Sunday Shoutout. Can I be very nosy (I am very nosy) and ask what happened? Not so much the circumstances, but was it a 'fuck it' moment or were you gearing up to it for a while?
                      Im just thinking that we can be 1 day or 10 years off the booze and it all comes down to acting on 1 thought. Or is it that simple?
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening everyone. Glad to be able to log on again. Sorry you are feeling poorly JC and sorry about the kitty Mary. Yea Bridget if you don’t mind fill us in what led up to your relapse. You might already have mentioned it when you came back, apologies if you did. Well it was more rock and mountain climbing than hill walking this weekend, the hardest physical challenge I have ever done but the views were amazing and I survived to tell the tale. Just in from work so need to get some food and have a read back.

Comment

Think I was just zorsted. Early night for me for a couple of days.
                          Finally got a plasterer and a decorator.:congratulatory: Doing nothing until the back end of January though.
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........gave in and got vouchers for my nieces and my sort of nephews and niece (they're my cousin's kids but we're closer than sisters). The S&H has always called her Auntie Cousin G. They'll all get a lottery ticket as well and must share half or I'll hunt them down.

Trying to find a country cottage around my birthday next year..........unfortunately, its the Easter school holidays and the prices are horrendous. So March it will be.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.

Hope all are well in the barracks?
                            Late check-in here. Had a day off today & managed to get to shopping centre for some therapy.... it worked - just to potter & have time on my own.

All well chez Satz :
                            1) Demented mother - not quite so demented. Her UTI's are caught early. She's as happy as Larry in there with her pals ; Violet & Lily - she is Rose - I kid you not. All flowers :flowerspop:

2) Alky (currently sober) son sidelined by Rosie and having to just get on with it - no-one cares to check up on him any more...

3) Delicious Rosie - I swear I could eat her she's so cute. She looks at you with those eyes & you can't reprimand her for poo-ing - in the kitchen - AGAIN.
                            I expect her to talk to me soon she's that clever.
                            Mr S is still besotted : takes her for an hour walk every day.
                            Last edited by satz123; December 3, 2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I see La Rosie has landed on her paws in that house

I got the warning message about logging into MWO as well JC, so that's weird. I hope the site is safe to use?

Mary and Rustop, I got some devastating news about a family member in January. It is ongoing and very serious and of course totally out of my control. It is utterly consuming our lives. I completely lost it and drank just for the luxury of having a few hours not thinking about it. But it still didn't work and left me paralysed for any sort of action.
                              It is the worst possible year to give up drinking, but also the best and only year. So here I am. We are never completely safe from relapse but we do get safer as we get more time between ourselves and our last drink. I had gotten to the stage where I never thought of drinking and could never see a relapse happening. That's how much I knew.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] that is the scariest post i've read for a while.
                                My heart does out to you :hug: that it was so painful you went against all you know to be true about alcohol and leapt into the abyss ( too dramatic ?)

You are an inspiration to us all .... those starting out and those of us who are complacently doddling along thinking "it couldn't happen to me" .....

We cannot control what happens to others - so we must keep ourselves in a good place to be able to deal with it.
                                Look after YOU down there first - and your beloved garden - the rest will fall into place:hug:
                                Last edited by satz123; December 4, 2018, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X