Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Morning,
    [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].........how ridiculous about blaming you for drying up. I didn't feed either Jenny or the S&H through choice. Luckily over 30 years ago now but these days I'd have been villified. There were a few in a mother's group I joined that didn't go past six weeks. She was just looking for a whipping boy to blame.
    And listen two parties are far better than one.
    The money spent these days has gone far past the bouncy castle and pass the parcel. My cousin told me one of other the mother's at the private school her kids go to hired a ferris wheel for the garden for her 10 year old.......my cousin's married to a surgeon and is fairly well off and her eyeballs nearly popped out.
    Keep an eye on what you're coughing up (delightful subject).....a wee course of antibiotics might be needed.........but this time next week it'll prolly be over.

Free fruit and veg, eh??? another bonus Glad he's feeling better though.

Pa-in-law is not well. They had to swallow some pride and ask Mr JC to take them some bread and milk. Pa-in-law finally rang the doctor and got a home visit. They've up the meds and to their horror a home nurse is coming round to help him dress today. Its all very worrying.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jackie dear, it is very worrying when our folks get older. We went through it with my MIL. She wanted to remain independent long after she was really able to care for herself. A thrombosis in her leg and the resulting operation were what it took for her to finally be put into special care. It was hard for all of us at first but we knew it was the safest place for her to be. Hope your Pa-in-Law is feeling better soon....

Finally gave in and went to the pharmacy next door for some syrup that's supposed to "break things up". Hopefully I will have a lighter chest tomorrow. Younger son is out at the m moment but should be back in a while and I'm heading for home when he gets here. I've never taken a day off sick but I got to the point earlier that I couldn't talk because I was coughing so much. Not nice for the customers.

Special friend can keep his fruit and veggies - I just want his body!!! :happy2:
      Last edited by stirly-girly; December 6, 2018, 07:06 AM.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].......you go girl. :sohappy:

Just had a peep on FB. Don't know if you remember about the man I knew from work that ended up living with the ducks in the park .........he showed me the ropes when I started volunteering and is very dear to me........he's celebrating two years sober today.He's gone from a down and out to a student, part-time barista, gives great hugs, volunteers. He's not a saint he can be a rright bugger at times but I'm so proud of him.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army,just popping in to say that Foxy says hello to those who remember her,I'm sure some of you have her on Facebook but we chatted for a bit and I said I'd relay the hello haha,have a great day all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
            Hello Army,just popping in to say that Foxy says hello to those who remember her,I'm sure some of you have her on Facebook but we chatted for a bit and I said I'd relay the hello haha,have a great day all
            Evening all and thanks [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] for dropping in and for the message. I do remember Foxy,hope she’s doing well. Lovely to hear from the MIA’s, few more of them we need to round up. Was down Satz’s direction today at the factory outlets. Bought a dress for daughters graduation in February so pleased. Looked very Christmasy and not too busy. Bowl of stew when I got home and feet up now waiting for I’m a celebrity.

Comment

Popping in to say nighty night. Slow start but glued to I'm a Celebrity.

I'm one of the 32 million affected by 02. Couldn't send important texts........like 'can you bring a loaf in' or 'do you know where I put my front door key? or pointless smilies to people I rarely speak to. The horror of it all.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]....you okay, love?
              Last edited by JackieClaire; December 6, 2018, 05:56 PM.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Ho everybody.
                I love the sound of that dawn hike there Rusty. I was just talking to another lady in our office here who is out the door at 5am every morning for a walk (sounds like she's from up round your way originally JC). Lovely healthy, wholesome looking specimen.
                It's funny isn't it? I've been having a good hard look at my day and decided that I operate better when I flip the day - get up early, go to bed early - especially for sobriety. I'd also gotten myself into some lazy habits including 'stay up late on computer' Anyway, my point is that it's amazing how when you start thinking about specific things like that, often something will pop up in your environment to help, as long as you keep your eyes and ears open.

Arsey/Stirly I waited until a few of them had scoffed a brownie and then told the they were hash brownies. Makes for a creative arvo at work, I said.

JC thanks for telling us about the homeless bloke made good. I just love hearing stories like that. I really hope the in laws bounce back. Why is it always the lovely folks that this happens to?

Stirly I can almost 'see' your DIL when you talk about her. In my mind she looks like a few other little attention seeking control freak Bs that I know. Things have got to get better when you can just visit the son and kids on your own terms.

Got to say that I am happy it's Friday here, but also just happy for the first time in a while. making a few positive plans for myself and just feeling a bit better.
                More later.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

Got to say that I am happy it's Friday here, but also just happy for the first time in a while. making a few positive plans for myself and just feeling a bit better.
                  More later.
                  Good morning Army!!!
                  [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - that for me is the essence of my being sober. Finally being happy in what I do, where I live, happy being me, even when things are going badly around me. I am happy within myself and therefore I can cope. Your posts are very inspirational - I hope someone struggling or someone lurking reads them and realizes how much their life can change in just one month if they give up AL.

And I love what you did with the brownies. I'm sure some people actually thought they got a little buzz from them. Many years ago when Mr. Stirly went to Canada along with 3 other lads, they gave a "joint" to one of the boys to smoke. According to him, he got high. Funny thing was, it was oregano, not pot!!
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - what Jackie said - you okay?

Off to get some bookkeeping done. It is the only part of my work I don't like so best get it over and done with with.

Wishing you all a super-duper day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by stirly-girly; December 7, 2018, 02:03 AM.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning,
                    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............I've got to say when I stopped drinking the first time I felt happy was rather a surprise. Genuinely happy not the 'I'm fine' type happy that we plaster on.......takes a while to get used to and its just quite luvverly when it happens.
                    Find out where your northern lass came from..........ask her if she knows what a Greggs cheese savoury stotty is and she's a genuine Geordie

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].......I have to admit that the CBD oil I have would give me a little bit of a high..........nope just a sticky mouth...........mmmmmmm I've got some dried oregano in the cupboard.......shall I give that a go

Right I've got my daft Chrimbo t-shirt on, Santa earrings and my marigolds and off to do a proper shift. I'm going to ask the chef how to make a perfect poached egg.........mine are either like bullets or that disgusting opaque runny. He's another thats come a long way from swigging the cooking wine to cheffing in the cafe. Another win for recovery.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Army - yep I'm fine JC & Stirls - just tired out. Worked a lot last week - 10 hour days and weekend.
                      Now I have to get dressed & meet a potential son-in-law :egad:
                      I'm jumping the gun - DD only going out with him a few months but is IN LOVE.

YS drank again last night.... wasn't drunk but drank.
                      Today I left my precious Rosie for 2 hours with him as I visited my mother and she was in the crate when I came home. She picks up & chews all sorts but this time it was a piece of GLASS. He must have broken a glass as I found more around.

He's asleep up in the bedroom.
                      I am FUMING.

Now I have to put poor Rosie in the crate when I go out this eve for at least 3/4 hours - F*cker !!!
                      That's all ...

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - hope the day went well and that you enjoyed it. Great stories of recovery gladden my heart ..
                      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - I love the Outlet Village - but couldn't go this time of year - full of 'fairweather' - only- shop -at -Christmas -shoppers I like the place to myself. Who's going to win Jungle ? Harry or Emily for me...
                      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............. that happiness is lovely. You kinda check in with yourself & discover - Jesus nothing is bugging me - I'M CONTENTED. Great feeling.
                      Last edited by satz123; December 7, 2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Evening.
                        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........not surprised you're fuming. I'll fume alongside. About the crating...........Jenny's beagle, Buddy, was crated as a young one. As long as its not used as a punishment. Until a couple of years ago Bess was put in the kitchen when we went out.
                        She lived in rented property so when she went out popped him in mainly to stop him chewing all and sundry. Any damage would have been taken out of her hefty deposit.
                        And if he chewed through a wire.......doesn't bear thinking about. He got to the stage he went in on his own when he heard keys being rattled.

Work was all right. I was soooooooo nervous so I'll stick with all right. The two full-timers looked after me wonderfully. I'll get the hang of things. Totally different to anything I've ever done. Fecking great big dishwasher that takes only 3 minutes a load. Sounds like a tank approaching. My jolly little Chrimbo t-shirt is covered in splashes of hot chocolate, cappucino and bits of rocket.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                          Sorry to hear about your Daddy-in-law [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], maybe things will settle with the change in meds.. [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], you couldnt make that up about your (ex) daughter-in-law. What a cow. Head up, keep smiling, your grandson loves his granny cos shes lovely and has no agenda.

Rustop, that hike will be fantastic, what a way to start the new year.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Work was all right. I was soooooooo nervous so I'll stick with all right. The two full-timers looked after me wonderfully. I'll get the hang of things. Totally different to anything I've ever done. Fecking great big dishwasher that takes only 3 minutes a load. Sounds like a tank approaching. My jolly little Chrimbo t-shirt is covered in splashes of hot chocolate, cappucino and bits of rocket.
                            Well done Ms Barista, no pressure now....

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Now I have to get dressed & meet a potential son-in-law :egad:
                              I'm jumping the gun - DD only going out with him a few months but is IN LOVE.

YS drank again last night.... wasn't drunk but drank.
                              Today I left my precious Rosie for 2 hours with him as I visited my mother and she was in the crate when I came home. She picks up & chews all sorts but this time it was a piece of GLASS. He must have broken a glass as I found more around.

He's asleep up in the bedroom.
                              I am FUMING.
                              Fuming for you
                              Whats the new son in law like??!!
                              Last edited by IamMary; December 7, 2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Arvo All,
                                Quite like this concept of turning the day upside down again. Up at 6, off to walk the dog, can't quite believe what I've managed to get done with the day and looking forward to an early night as well.

Poor Rosie. I tell you what, Satz its bad enough what I out up with here but if my animals were neglected in any way, that really would be it as far as I'm concerned. End of.

SO JC is the Army barista now. Hope you make a mean cappuccino girl.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X