One Step at a Time - January 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - January 2019

Bird that describes management style of the W.H. Its terrifying that people who obtain power and prestige and mistreat their colleagues.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Happy Friday! [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], wow that is a lot of money on your teeth! Yes shop around. I hope you can find something better! Have you been with this dentist a long time? I'm glad you realized that you were hungry. I was thinking in the car this morning that I was really craving coffee and how is that craving different from al? I just really enjoy siping coffee when I drive in the morning. How is that craving different from another or is it? Glad you are local today. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I'd be pretty upset with your work situation too. That's pretty bitchy way to be treated. I am sure you're doing your job perfectly. Perhaps she just needed to get a dig in just to hurt your feelings, cause that's how she is. If she was any kind of professional she would not stoop so low. Like my coworker used to say "karma is a bitch" and "God don't like ugly". Hold your head up and forge ahead, don't let her get to you. How cute Savannah got her ears pierced. Maybe you could let us see a little pic of her? It's been awhile and we could use some cute here? [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], your such a good mom. Yes, just listen. If it gets to be too much for you come here and vent. May I ask if you discuss any of this with your therapist? Maybe she could shed some light on it. If yor daughter is anything like me, a huge burden would be lifted if I just shared with someone else.
      Celebrated Erin's birthday yesterday. It was a little weird without her brother or sister there, but we enjoyed ourselves. CJ and Mark sent gifts to her and CJ faced timed with us before dinner, Mark did try to call, but we were already out. I really do have great kids and they really do love each other! I am proud.
      So I went to an AA meeting this morning. I do like this particular group. It's an all women's group and its pretty large. The topic today was just what we discussed the other day here, holding on to the guilt of things we did when drinking. Everyone who shared had a story and they all couldn't believe that was "them". Just more reinforcement for me. It's a process and the most important thing is to not pick up the drink.
      Well hubby and I have to go to church and take down the Christmas decorations. Let's see who shows up for this

Comment

Hi all,
        Went out to a new place today I saw on the news for a walk. It was a lot uphill and I was huffing and puffing so much. It doesn't seem like the hills ever get any easier. I guess I don't do it enough. Dd1 decided her problem last night was pms. Says she is ok this morning. I haven't talked with my counselor much about it yet. We mostly talk about drinking. I will probably just do it another month because of the cost. .....Liz, glad the birthday went well. I hope my kids do as well in life as they grow older. Sounds like your AA womens group is a good one. ..Nora, hope your day was ok..having dd1s bday tomorrow. I am making tacos.....later

Comment

Hello, hello. Friday night

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Finally have some time to really post......sorry to bore you but it is Friday night. :rotlf:

It's hilarious but every time I use a smilie now, I think of Cowboy because I know he doesn't care for them. Sorry Cowboy :hug: Now I know why they limit them to 4 per post. Ha, ha.

Bird - I never got to tell you how sorry I was that your dd1 was having a bad night. I'm glad that today was a better day for her. I hope that you all have a good time celebrating her birthday tomorrow.
            Did you get any information on dd2 audition? I can't believe that she didn't break down and tell you. Ha, ha
            I think that is so cool that you go to different place hiking. Wow, uphill!?!?
            Did you end up calling anyone? I called someone!!! Yeah for me. I called my coworker to get the scoop on stuff! That's the only reason, we were texting and he finally said that it was too much to type so I had to call him. LOL
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It's going to be another night of me making numerous posts - I can see it now

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I will find some pics of Savannah and bore you with them soon. LOL Just kidding. I am one proud Grandma. At the retirement luncheon today, there I was with my phone showing some of the guys from the shop some pics of her.
                You really do have great kids and that is because they were raised by wonderful parents. It's a blessing to have siblings that are close like they are. I think it's so sweet that they both sent Erin presents.

So, Liz, do you get the feeling that the universe is telling you to forgive yourself? :hug: I almost had to laugh when you mentioned that it was the same topic. It seems to be surrounding you now. I hope you are listening. In my heart, I believe that is what made the turning point for me.

Did anyone show up to help with decorations? I hope that you & hubby didn't have to do it all yourself.

How is your little cabinet emptier doing? Ha, ha. I just have to laugh at him and then at you trying to stay one step ahead of him.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It was interesting gossip I heard last night. My friend X is 64. My big boss (the owner) went up to him the other day. Gave him a cock & bull story about the flu shot for people over 65. Then proceeded to ask him when he was planning on retiring. Asked him to stay on until he's 70. Nobody at all knows the product in X's area. We purchased a company about 25 years ago and X is from that company.
                  So, here I am feeling so pushed out and here they are offering X more $. I think that are trying to sell the company or at least that portion of the company in the next 5 years so they need him to stay on for the transition.

They sent someone home yesterday for smoking pot at break. He has been warned before. Nope didn't fire him. I guess that they are making sure they have all their documentation in place so he can't sue them.

I went to the Sports Bar after work. It was a little awkward because my Big Boss went. He & I had always been pretty close & comfortable. Now I just feel uncomfortable. I have no idea what his daughter has filled his head with about me. Anyway, I had 1-1/2 diet cokes and then said my goodbyes. I bought a round for the man leaving and then I was gone.
                  One woman is 44. She never drank until about 2 years ago. She must have picked it up after her divorce. She was talking about the drinks and she has been to that bar a lot. Talked about hangovers and horrible it was. How she stopped drinking tequila because of how sick she got. Just all things that I lived with for YEARS. I wish that I could give her my wisdom.
                  I looked at all those drinks on the table and just was grateful that I didn't have to ever deal with that again.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Hospice Doctor is coming out tomorrow for an evaluation. I fully expect them to discontinue hospice again. There is something wrong with the way our system works but it is what it is.
                    But, it will be a very pleasant surprise if I'm wrong.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

lol, use all the smilies you want [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], at least I know you're thinking about me then haha!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi all,
                        Getting the house cleaned up for the party this aft. I'm just gonna put the stuff in the crockpot since cooking is a trigger for me. Then I can go ahead and get some self care in, a walk and some yoga. Clean sheets to look forward to. No news on dd2s audition. Still don't know what it is. Watched this weird Gordon ramsay show last night where he went to a prison to try and get some of them to cook and sell the food. I was thinking that guy really puts himself into some difficult challenges. They all cussed so much. Reminded me of the weld shop hahaha. ...Nora, your job sound a lot like my old one. Always some crazy stuff going on and the bigwigs saying strange things. People smoking pot. Back in my younger days the whole shop was doing it, and the owners as well. It was wild.....hope they don't discontinue the hospice. Good luck with that.......so I did a ancestry dna test and came up with some more relatives. One of them contacted me, it says she is most likely my cousin on my dads side. Anyway, she doesn't know who her father is and trying o figure it out. We emailed back and forth a few times, I gave her the names of my siblings and father, told her to fb message them as that is the only way I know to contact them. Told her they never talk to me so maybe she would have better luck. She just sent fb friend request to one of them, no message, then wanted me to ask my dad if he would take a dna test. I told her again the guy never talks to me or any of them and I was not comfortable asking him about the dna test. I don't even know his number or address , this again I told her. Told her to message my sibs. She says well maybe it is a mystery not to be known yet, maybe she will have to wait until someone else takes the test and try to figure it out. I got the feeling she was ticked off at me for not asking him to take the test. I would like to help her, but it is not my place to ask for that. She can ask him the same as I can. Hell, that is how I found all my dads side, on fb...anyway, I just had to kinda let that go.....well I am off to get the crock started ....later

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] have I mentioned I love it when your chatty! It does sound like your boss is up to something, maybe selling the business. Very interesting. As far as your bosses dad, I think he knows his daughter and I think he knows you too. I love my kids more than life itself, but I do see how they act with other people and how they talk about friends, coworkers, etc. Your former boss knows what he's dealing with, with his daughter. Good for you for getting through that retirement thing. Did you have fun at all, or was it just totally awkward? Yeah, I don't miss those hangovers. Yes , a few guys showed up last night to un decorate and it was done quickly.
                          I hope they don't discontinue hospice. I can't imagine how they could justify stopping it. Let us know how it goes? [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I think you fulfilled your talking requirement! Between posting here and talking to your "cousin" sounds like you've done a lot to not isolate. I wouldn't ask my dad to do a dna test and I was close to him. Let her ask if she wants. I'm glad dd1 is feeling better. It's like I said, they dump on us, then they feel better? We, on the other hand, dwell on it. Sounds like your hike was a challenge, I'm a bit jealous. It's not even 20 degrees here today! I will be on my treadmill (sorry [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]).
                          Rusty, what are you up to this weekend?
                          My niece found purchased her dress last night and sent me pictures. She knows how much I love weddings! It is beautiful! I am happy that she shared that moment with me. It's meant a lot. Going to see Mary Poppins today with TS and possibly my other niece. Lots going on with her and tensions are high over there. Haven't shared too much about that situation, maybe a story for another day? TS has not has it easy, that's for sure. You'd think she'd be the one with a drinking problem.

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] yes I am getting the message about letting go

Comment

Hi all,
                              Well the kids have come and gone. I am so tired. It was good to have them over and they ate so much. The boyfriends get along well and went out and played horseshoes awhile...My cousin has sent me 2 emails this evening. I am pretty sure she is drinking, the typos and stuff are numerous. Plus she sent me a pic of her with a glass of wine so....Lizann, I sure miss the cold sometimes. Especially the snow. It is better than when I lived in South Florida though. Maybe if I keep moving I will end up back where I came from someday hahaha...bet your niece is so excited about the dress! Let us know how Mary Poppins is. I would love to see it and I know Nora loves it right Nora?..well, off to watch tv. I am kicking all the cats out tonight, they get me up way too early....

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

A quick check-in before I work out, then pick up my mom for church and brunch. It's been a quiet weekend and that is OK with me.:-) I am home tomorrow and Tuesday and then leave Wednesday for Idaho Falls for work. Existing customer...nice woman.
                                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-your work situation sounds really tense and I think you might be right about the suspicions to sell the company. I know you didn't ask for my advice but I am just putting two gentle and caring cents in here.:hug: From what you have posted, I think your boss's daughter is hoping you will get so fed up that you will leave on your own. Based on my 30 plus years of having different functions in companies, (sales, marketing, HR, consulting) I KNOW that every time you break down in tears that someone will notice and it will be documented. You don't want to ever come across as being weak because your boss will absolutely use that against you. I have been in your shoes several times and reacted the same way you did. The good news is that you recognize these clues (the computer guy in the room next door) and your best defense is to stay one step ahead of your boss and be prepared. I hope I haven't hurt you or offended you. I think you handled the retirement party just great! :thumbsup:
                                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I hope you enjoyed Mary Poppins.
                                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I wouldn't ask my dad for a DNA test, either. You handled that situation really well. :sohappy:

Ok, big hellos to anyone I missed or lurking this morning. Happy AF Sunday!!

Comment

Working...
                                X