• Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    And platform shoes.
    I still wear them :smile:.

Comment

Start, I remember Kid Sheleen (a drunken cowboy in a movie) and also gave the name, Orchid Tart to Stirly and nick-named others.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Ifen I remember correctly, we used to call those pants "bell bottoms" and they were the craze back when I was in Junior High.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
          I used to love welcoming the newbies and I have spent many an hour/day trying to talk someone down from the edge and like many others trawled the just starting out board ensuring that new posters were acknowledged. Those times were precious and those opportunities to give back simply do not happen any more. I guess with the benefits come the issues of having an unmoderated forum and having lots of different characters on a board of course you will get friction. Those days seem to be long gone and it does make me sad, I made lots of good friends many of whom I saw in real life and despite the drama it was a very special time for me.
          Yo troopers.

Starty, i remember you and a few others on this same thread welcoming a drunken Aussie with open arms and generous words all those years ago. After about 3 weeks, i gave up the sauce for 2.5 years. You were a large figure in my early days here. I remember our daily PM's that became a real anchor of hope, delight and support for my sobriety and sanity. I am absolutely chuffed, rapt and honoured we're still mates today. Can't wait to meet you sometime. Glad to hear you sounding well mi amiga.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Yo troopers.

Starty, i remember you and a few others on this same thread welcoming a drunken Aussie with open arms and generous words all those years ago. After about 3 weeks, i gave up the sauce for 2.5 years. You were a large figure in my early days here. I remember our daily PM's that became a real anchor of hope, delight and support for my sobriety and sanity. I am absolutely chuffed, rapt and honoured we're still mates today. Can't wait to meet you sometime. Glad to hear you sounding well mi amiga.

Big waves to all.
            Mr G that is exactly what I am talking about. We supported each other day in day out and it was a massive influence in my sobriety too. We will always be mates I am certain and meeting up would be the icing on the cake. I love the way that our lives take different trajectories yet we always end up here. Where it all began. Do you realise that was 11 years ago??

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
              Start, I remember Kid Sheleen (a drunken cowboy in a movie) and also gave the name, Orchid Tart to Stirly and nick-named others.

Hi SK. I dont remember the nick names. Wonder what mine was :haha: I hope all is well with you ?

Comment

Morning, only up 15 mins at its 11am. Just thought I'd have 5 more minutes at 7:30am. Still as my Granny used to say...........must have needed it. I've just frightened the life out of the postman opening the door looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards and hair like Worzel Gummidge.

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                Ifen I remember correctly, we used to call those pants "bell bottoms" and they were the craze back when I was in Junior High.
                I hope you wore mens platform shoes with them.

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
                I remember that but like Starty, can't remember what mine was.

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                Noooooooooo. Lets see a picture of you walking in them.

Next up Oxford Bags........
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening troops -

Sorry been AWOL - holibags - well time not teaching, and time slides. Ironically now that I'm back at school with barely a minute to myself - and shattered by the time everything needing done is done - I take the time to pop in. Not read back yet, but hope you're all ok? Post laters once read back -

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - glad to hear the witch is away :yay: Enjoying/enjoyed Harvey's point? How was Rosie with you being away? Obviously I don't put my Molly in kennels but she's only twice been to a cattery as - fortunately - my maw and paw have her at theirs. Has become a second home. And they have a cat who's kinda like a big sis/grumpy aunty to Molly. :haha:
                    [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] - good on the semi-retirement thing (jealous.com)
                    [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - how are the cramps? Sorry to hear about MIL - what did the doc say when she went to see him/her? Though at the fine age of 94 I'd be tempted to have nature take her course.

Big waves to rusty, mers, brit - anyone heard from MrsA? - Bridgey, Mr abcowboy, Mr G, stirly, minstar and the rest.

Life here tootles along. Screwy financial issues with my flat in Aberdeen (basically no takers in buying/letting for a year combined with not getting insurance claim on water damage along with mortgage and council tax...) - sucking my dad and I dry - I wish I didn't feel so sick with money issues, more than wishing the money issues would go away.

That aside, on the good news front: about 6 weeks till my new niece/nephew pops out And I have a job, hobbies, life.

Talk soon good people.

Comment

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION].....hard market at the moment, you have my sympathy. Us with the older houses are spending money on improvements. I know through Mr JC that a lot of people and I mean a lot are buying new builds. Probably a lot to do with the fact they come with built in dishwashers, cookers, washing machines etc. Not a lot of movement in the older homes.
                      A new baby, a new life and all in time for spring. :heartbeat:
                      Don't know if its the soap or the magnesium but no cramps for a while..........fingers crossed rather than calf muscles
                      Remind me tomorrow and I'll hunt down Mrs A. Got a few chores in the morning, though.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Flares! Some with embroidery on the leg bottom. Denim shirts and platform shoes. God.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I am sorely tempted to go with a new build next time Arsey and JC. The maintenance is driving me mental on a slightly older house.

Very envious of those on lovely holidays. I would give a lot to step out of my life for a bit right now.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                            I think you have put the what I was probably thinking into words NS. Maybe it was the energy I missed more than the fighting although it seemed to me to a select few who fought with each other and only ever reinforced to me why I wasnt going to drink. Maybe I viewed it too narrowly. One of The spats I remember with humour are a character called Kid Shelleen who delighted in shocking and offending and posted a song called the Camel Toe Song which I find funny to this day (sorry but I do have a puerile sense of humour) I am sure he was posting under a pseudonym. Anyhow I am sure it is much better the way it is especially for those affected badly by the drama. I used to love welcoming the newbies and I have spent many an hour/day trying to talk someone down from the edge and like many others trawled the just starting out board ensuring that new posters were acknowledged. Those times were precious and those opportunities to give back simply do not happen any more. I guess with the benefits come the issues of having an unmoderated forum and having lots of different characters on a board of course you will get friction. Those days seem to be long gone and it does make me sad, I made lots of good friends many of whom I saw in real life and despite the drama it was a very special time for me.
                            Starts you have just put in words what I was trying to say a few days ago. There was a 'life' about the boards. There was murder sometimes but people were so passionate about how they felt regarding abstinence , moderating, AA, no-AA that it was bound to happen that there would be tension.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                              Me too if I don't have to walk :haha:
                              They are vintage chic now :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Next up Oxford Bags........
                                I LOVED LOVE LOVED Oxford bags !

Last edited by satz123; February 21, 2019, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X