Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Evening,
    So who's not going away? Have a fantastic weekend, Satz, Rustup, Starty and Minstar!
    Check in [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] if you can. Have your friends got kids too?

Loads on tomorrow, but nothing exciting. Had a lovely Lebanese lunch today with a work gang.
    Bridge, you should plant something awkward for that psycho to find. A love poem about a colleague or a freaky Victorian doll (dressed up as herself)

Where has RC run off to?
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      Evening Army ....

I do miss the variety of personalities and the mixture of differing views. There was life & passion MWO in those days.
      Some of the 'passion' was sparked by drunken posts : but if you take them out of it - there was still very lively debate.
      Agreed. I remember some of those, and Id have read back on others.

We should all pull out a good thread. The words then are just as valid now!

Comment

Morning,
        Tbh........I couldn't be arsed to go back to the day for feisty posts when you've been called out for not congratulating someone for two days sober when they've got rat-arsed while taking morphine and I'd lost the plot. A few nasty-grams in your in-box....lovely. Doesn't do a lot for someone with a low self esteem to start with. Fun to watch when its other people though.

Here's a lively one if you want to partake but most people have rather sensibly ignored, like I'm wishing now.

The window people are here and my mood is not good, in fact its crap and I want to cry. My anxiety is through the roof even though they're not actually in the house.
        I'm going back to bed until its finished.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

In other joyful news...........Ma-in-law has a cancerous growth on her leg and she's refusing treatment. She's 94, a former nurse and its her decision.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I haven't gone yet.
            Here are some a couple of questions?
            Who supports the supporter? In AA a sponsor has his/her sponsor and that sponsor has their own and so forth.
            And what actually is long term sobriety? A year, two years.....20 years?
            Discuss.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Who supports the supporter? In AA a sponsor has his/her sponsor and that sponsor has their own and so forth..
              Those of us who stay support each other :hug:. Early on I read an article that as a supporter or sponsor, you needed to be careful how you treated those behind you because given the nature of addiction, your roles could someday be reversed. The old treat others as you want to be treated applies, as usual. You treat all of us with such kindness, JC. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire
                Here's a lively one if you want to partake but most people have rather sensibly ignored, like I'm wishing now.
                I read the thread when it was first posted JC, but didn't comment right away because it got my dander up for a number of reasons. But since you've posted there, and never be sorry for giving your opinion if it's in a positive way, I'll add my thoughts to the discussion over there.

And what happened on MWO a few years back has been a detriment to MWO in more ways than one IMVHO. I know I'm very careful about wording my posts and my responses to posts lest I hurt someone's feelings...
                Last edited by abcowboy; February 16, 2019, 09:41 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Afternoon all and big :hug::hug::hug::hug: to JC and thank you again for being here to support so many newcomers and always being here for the rest of us. You are one of the givers. Felt bad I had not logged on earlier so that I could have offered support. Know exactly how you feel about them, even if they are outside. Sorry about MILs leg but sensible woman, why put herself through unnecessary trauma at her age. Not sure what you have planned for afternoon but recommend Bess hugs and licks, chocolate and maybe a bit of crochet/reading if it takes your fancy. Thanks again xxx

Comment

I’ve been thinking about your long term sobriety question, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Around here, people like you and [MENTION=8356]Lavande[/MENTION] are long-termers but it might seem different at an AA meeting with people who had quit 30, 40, and more years ago. To me, the important thing is how secure and content a person is in their sobriety. I think you and Lav more than qualify by that definition as do some people here with much less AF time, like [MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION], who has seen more in a year than some people ever understand and can express it so well, helping people behind and ahead of her. On the other hand, there are people (not on MWO) who have many years behind them but are stuck, still wishing they could drink and feeling deprived. They aren’t in a position to help anyone, including themselves. I feel so fortunate that you and a few others have stayed, showing us what the longer term can look like. xx

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      In other joyful news...........Ma-in-law has a cancerous growth on her leg and she's refusing treatment. She's 94, a former nurse and its her decision.
                      Good for you Ma-in-Law - I'd do the same. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        I feel so fortunate that you and a few others have stayed, showing us what the longer term can look like. xx
                        Could not agree more.. and you too NS and so many others here that its not always possible to keep up with everyone's posts, but knowing the support is there gives a huge sense of comfort that I/we are not alone.
                        I dont really think about my quit in terms of early, long term etc, but I am conscious of complacency. Is there a road map that you can predict a change in your thoughts over time or can it happen in a moment, the 'fuck it' moment. Or it there no such thing as a moment, it has to have building for some time?
                        Its predictable at the beginning of a quit, you know the thoughts, you've heard them before, you're learning how to deal with them. But when your comfortable on your quit, the thoughts are a bit sneaker. I think.

Anyway, thats my ramblings.

How are you feeling [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? Are they done for the weekend? You must be thrilled skinny with the changes you've made to the house?
                        You too rustop, a big job!

Comment

You posting from your posh spa [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            [COLOR="#000000"] And what happened on MWO a few years back has been a detriment to MWO in more ways than one IMVHO. I know I'm very careful about wording my posts and my responses to posts lest I hurt someone's feelings...
                            I agree totally ....
                            Never be afraid to speak your truth Cowboy :hug:- everyone may not agree with you - someone may decide to take offence. But nothing worthwhile would ever be debated if we didn't voice our opinions..

Comment

MONDA - WEDNESDA [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - please try to keep up :haha:

Comment

Morning All,
                                I wasn't here for the great debacle of two years ago because I left after the great debacle of 5 years ago. What that lead to was the great debacle that lead me back here in yet another drunken mess. I'm all for lively debate. You can often learn more in that situation than just subsisting with your sobriety. As cowboy says though, you never know where people are at in their head and it has to be thoughtfully put.
                                Really sorry to hear about your MIL JC. With what she will have seen in her career and what I've seen in mine, I think she's made a sound choice. Pain can be well managed and Ca treatment is appalling. And JC, the others are right, you have helped so many of us; not to soft, not too hard, just like the third bear's bed. Just right.
                                How are you travelling [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] ?

What I'm increasingly noticing about us all is that we tend to be homebodies and hold our personal spaces as a sanctuary. Interesting. I just feel as if when any other person comes into my home that the whole energy is altered and it throws me right off. Even if it is a dear friend sometimes I light a bit of a sage stick and give the place a waft. We can't help it kids, we are sensitive critters. Sometimes I think that is half the reason we are all here. So JC, you stay in bed as long as you need to. It won't last forever.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X