February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Well said [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. And yes, 'mums' the word (mammys the word has no ring to it :happy2
    [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], cutting back is definitely better than the alternative. I tried it for years, made deals with myself, set targets, measured, counted and planned, it was exhausting.
    Its a big change, but the freedom is like nothing else. Well, you know that.

Watching the most violent, gory, pointless series on Netflix. Top tip, give The Punisher a miss.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Well maybe there is something in if Dr Satz and Professor Starty have/would try it . I think I paid the price of a bottle of wine for it, but there are loads on YouTube..
      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] Wouldn't want to mind me & Starts - aging hippies :harhar:
      We've tried everything ...

Comment

Morning all!

Ha ha Satz love the pic. You are right, little left untried to my detriment :haha:

Giving myself the morning off walking today as its mid week and feeling a little tired. Need to conserve my energy to get to the end. On Friday we are off for a weekend by the sea with the doggies. Hopefully will get there before 9pm but the weather promises to be very springlike and it will lovely to relax and let the sea air soothe.

Minstar, hope you are doing OK. Must admit, moderating never worked for me and as Mary says, was exhausting and not very fulfilling in any way but if it is a start on the road to recovery then go for it.

Comment

Good morning all. Love the photo Satz. Lucky you Starty. There is something about the smell of the sea. We don’t live that far and every so often I take the doggies and they love it. Must get back to my hill walking too. Going away next week too. Daughter is graduating and we are all going. You are lucky too JC, better well away from the madness, the fellas on the roof are still here!

Comment

Morning,
            Crap nights sleep............cramp in one calf at 4am followed an hour later cramp in the other leg an hour later. Hopping around the bedroom better than a River Dancer. :cuss: Is it calcium or something I'm lacking?
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........just how big is the roof? I keep getting images of the Vatican

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].....nothing like a break in February. Hope its got a proper open fire. We were lucky that my SIL used to work for Northumbrian water and we could take advantage of the cheap rates at Keilder in ther log cabins when the kids were little for February half-term.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have to add if this was the first time trying to moderate......and that according to new rules is a one and a half bottle of wine a week/14 units ....give it a go........but how many of us here have got a few weeks, months or even years and thought it was safe to pick up a drink. How soon after we started to moderate did we do it in public but with a sly bottle hidden just for a wee top up.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] thank you for your wise kind words.
                Jackie- I think it’s potassium or sodium that causes cramps. Have you had a lot?
                Lazy morning catching up with my sister. I found my old posts when I first quit on the newbies thread. Going to read through them for motivation and to see where I was. First few posts on D2-4 or so I’m really motivated and sound happy.
                Have a great Wednesday gang. I’ll check in later.

Comment

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]. So glad you took the comments in the spirit they were meant.
                  Not that I'm aware of.........unless there's potassium or masses of sodium in chocolate buttons
                  It may have something to do with watching Vikings very late last night and I was more or less curled in a ball peeping through my fingers for 40 minutes.
                  Going to marinate some lamb chops for dinner and have a bath.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by MinStar View Post
                    D2-4 or so I’m really motivated and sound happy.
                    Have a great Wednesday gang. I’ll check in later.
                    That was that quit Minny - this is a totally new one. Don't look back.
                    a) You are in the Army now ....
                    b) You have not given up .... you keep trying ....
                    c) Remember ....

BAby Cape.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I believe it is low levels of Magnesium that cause muscle cramps.
                      Magnesium topical or powder form will help you to sleep too.
                      It's also good for mood.
                      Last edited by satz123; February 13, 2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] I know it was the last quit but reading back I am remember who I was how strong and confident I was. It’s also encouraging to justvread back to others stories and how they struggles.
                        Thank you for your words. I will never give upntrying if that quit can stick then another one will too.
                        Last edited by MinStar; February 13, 2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........I shall put the magnesium on my shopping list. Positive I've got some magnesium spray I bought for Jenny when she did the Great North Run. I'll have put it somewhere 'safe' in other words it could be anywhere.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I still swear by the small bars of soap between the sheets, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :smile:. Maybe it is all in my head but if it takes care of those awful leg cramps, that's fine by me!!

Comment

I thought you were supposed to eat bananas? so potassium? or is that just for a lot of walking/running?
                              Bars of soap [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]! I like it (any science behind it?)

Great to hear your onboard [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], thats a big step. Stay close, as Satz says, your in the army now (try to get this out of your head now :harhar
                              [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] are you flying out for the graduation?
                              Last edited by IamMary; February 13, 2019, 05:57 PM.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by MinStar View Post
                                Morning all. Just checking in. How are you feeling today @JackieClaire?
                                Back from school run. Didn’t sleep well last night so looking for a slot go nap. Today I feel so fed up of alcohol consuming so much time and thought. I just can’t be bothered to even think about it. Did anyone else feel this way. Like I just don’t care about it. I don’t feel like I missing out or am being denied something. I just don’t care about it anymore.
                                Right back to the grind. Hope everyone has a good Monday.
                                MinStar
                                Yes I got angry with it. Especially when I started to realise how much I'd missed out on because of it. I wish it was banned. I can't think of one good thing that comes out of it - people who rabbit on about wine tastings and anti-oxidants do my head in. FFS
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X