One Step at a Time - February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Good morning and happy Sunday! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] I love coloring with gel pens! It's so soothing! I do it most nights now while I watch tv. GLassie, there's something you could do to occupy your time. Yes I definitely feel like al is everywhere and it bothers me sometimes too. Maybe we're just more sensitive to it?
    Painting is moving along. Hubby did the entire ceiling. Is neck is pretty sore today, but he was a trooper. Today mom is taking us out to lunch. She's got some papers for hubby to look over. Much as we try my sisters and I just don't understand a lot of this financial stuff. Mom did a lot of it, but daddy helped her . Hubby gets it all, his brain just works that way.
    Have a great AF Sunday!

Comment

Happy Sunday Liz,I can see how hubs' neck would be hurting from the pics I seen,ouch! Painting has got to be one of the most painful things ever,feels like you use every muscle in your body,Nora,glad you got to color and relax a bit,think I'll color with Lou later and let Romeo just rip up some paper haha,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
        Damn I am back on day 1. What a bad decision, the darn cravings were through the roof yest afternoon. I will just have to add some more ideas to help me along. Thinking about trying Hip Sobriety school (expensive). Now the WFS chatroom is messing up, I hope they fix that soon......so dd1 applied for an internship kinda west of Atlanta, she has a phone interview today. The pay is only about enough to keep her in groceries and gas, I don't think she would be able to pay her bills. I sure don't want to pay them but I will probably help her out if she does that. It is for 1 year.....Nora, that story made me think of my friend who died, he had so much stuff. Not nice about the jab from aunt, we always remember that stuff. Glad you found the pens, that sounds fun....Liz, hope you have a god lunch. Dealing with health ins. is a pain. I don't have any right now. I see the painting is going well....Paulie, I had a Motorola phone once, the charge lasted a long time. I see you went on your Valentine dinner after all..hope it was fun...busy doing laundry and cleaning, it is a little rainy...

Comment

((Hugs)) Bird,don't beat yourself up over being on day 1,at least you're on day 1 instead of the alternative right? Sounds like a good opportunity for your daughter even though it would be tough financially, keep us posted

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bird - big hugs to you. I know that you are not where YOU want to be. But, I honestly have seen such a positive change in you. You have made such big steps in seeking support, looking for more resources for help. You are doing such positive things for yourself in your daily life. This was a little stumble on the road.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird :hug: a little slip up. Don't beat yourself up, just pick up and move on! You are working so hard on sobriety and made a ton of change and progress. You're doing good! An internship is great experience, even if the pay isn't great! Maybe it'll even turn into permanent.
              Paulie, how do Lou and Romeo get along? I'm thinking if Erin and Dan have another the little ones may entertain each other? Maybe not? I guess Romeo is still kind of young.
              Hubby and I walked around the mall after lunch with mom and went on this cool virtual sleigh ride! MAll was empty and the ride owner gave us a huge discount. How could we say no? It was really a lot of fun!

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,the boys get along but the age difference is to where Romeo just annoys Lou sometimes, I told Kell to have them closer but now I'm glad she didn't,its fun to watch a kid and a baby Bird,what's on your agenda for today? You always do cool stuff what's with this never ending winter?!? The mountains here got snow overnight, grrr,waves to Nora,Rusty and Glassy,hope we all have a fab AF Monday!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Quick check-in today. I am at home but getting ready for tomorrow. Local work all week...YIPPEE!
                  [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-so sorry the cravings drove you crazy yesterday and you couldn't fend off the demon AL. I echo what [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] said-you have been doing so much better in your recovery. Just keep on trying.
                  [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-a virtual sleigh ride?? Wow, that sounds cool! Glad you got the painting done. :-)
                  [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-Pauly-cute pic of you and hubs at the V-Day dinner!
                  [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-yes, it seems some days that AL is everywhere I turn. I am so glad AL is not controlling my thoughts.
                  [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Glassy-when do you hear the decision?

Big hellos to anyone I missed...Happy AF Monday!

Comment

Hi all,
                    Nothing happening here. Went to the library and got a tree book, so now I know the trees blooming in the yard are dogwood. Went to walmart, I can't stand that place. Tried carving soap last night, I watched a video on how to make a flower. Turned out awful. Will try again. Today is the day my friend died last year. My life sure has changed since then, what a bunch of stuff crammed into 1 year....your posts make me feel good, maybe I won't have another slip.....Pauly, my kids got along pretty good. How far apart are the boys?.....Liz, I saw that sleigh ride. The dogs looked real! Bet that was fun.....Rusty, that is good news to be home all week!...Nora, hope work was ok today...later

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], another fun thing you tried! What made you think of soap carving? Just so creative. Yes your life sure has changed in the past year. I'm glad you're taking our posts to heart! I've been there, a lot!
                      Pauly, heard about the snow in the mountains by you on the news. We were supposed to get snow last night, thankfully we did not. Maybe Wednesday again.
                      Rusty, glad your close to home this week, btw, we didn't finish the painting. We are working on it though. I call for some quotes on reupholstering my chairs. It might be cheaper to buy new ones, but I like what I have!
                      Nora and MinStar, hope you guys had a good day! Nora, did you have work today? I worked half a day. Doctor is away so it was an easy totally pleasant and fun day.
                      Last edited by Lizann; February 18, 2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Bird,they're 5 years apart,i wanted them 2 years but this is good that way we get to have more one on one,hope if you try the soap again it turns out good,sounds like fun at least,I used to make soaps,I liked it but it got kind of expensive cuz I always wanted more molds, hubs took Lou to karate he looks so cute! Hope he likes it and wants to keep going,my kids did karate,gymnastics, dance and none of them wanted to stick to any of it Liz,reupholstered would be nice but I do like to pick out new stuff too,see what they say Rusty,glad you're close to home this week
                        Last edited by paulywogg; February 18, 2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Good morning and happy Tuesday. Pauly my kids did a lot of stuff too and not everything stuck but some things did. Mark still haunts me that I didn't let him do karate. We just never got around to it I guess.
                          Going to lunch today with two of my former coworkers, they are both retired now. Back when the job was still good. I'm glad we've kept in touch and it's always a lot of laughs!
                          Had some drinking dreams last night and woke up around 3. Don't know why that upsets me so, but I was up for awhile. Anyway, hope you guys have a great day!

Comment

Morning all,Liz,have a fun lunch I've decided that one of my favorite things is to go out and eat yay! Absolutely hate drinking dreams but Lav says to think of them as gifts,reminders of why we don't want to drink,Bird,Rusty,Nora and Glassy hope we all have a wonderful AF Tuesday!

Comment

Happy Tuesday :welldone:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I laughed at Mark still talking about not taking karate.
                                I'll bet Lou did look so cute. Did he like it?
                                Bird - how are you doing?
                                Rusty - glad you are in town..
                                Ice on my car this morning! So cold for this area. Brrrrrr
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X