One Step at a Time - February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], I do think that I remember you too!
    Rusty, sorry about the traffic, but glad you arrived safely.
    BIrd, those cats have you jumping hoops! [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], it never occurred to me that my drinking could escalate to the point it did. You'd think at that age I would've known better, but I seriously didn't believe it could happen to me.
    Nora, Pauly, Glassie and everyone else popping in here waves and hope you're doing ok. Such a busy day at work, trying to get ahead of the snow storm tomorrow. Have a great AF night!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Rusty - glad you made it. Thank you for sharing that story about your friends. Always love to hear the positives of not drinking. And congratulations on your meat.

Min - nice to have another vegetarian around. I totally get what you said about just being done with it and then having your anxiety lessen.

Liz - stay safe in the storm.

Bird - sounds like our nights. Hubby gets up around midnight and has the dogs go out & then lets them right back in. Then the 2 cats are also in here so they might let us know by scratching at the hall door or crying very loud. And then there are still accidents.

Found 2 old purses that I had put away for just a minute - 2 years later I am looking in them. There are even gift cards in them!! So, I'm going to go clean those purses out.

I hope that this is a wonderful week for everyone.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy belated Birthday Rusty - I'm glad you had a good time. How long are you in Canada for?

I'll add my name to the list of people whose drinking problems probably started in my late 30s, early 40s. Although mine coincided with the end of my marriage. I was not only grieving for that and very depressed, but solely responsible for my two boys with a lot of worries. And as I didn't go out often I started drinking at home alone when the kids had gone to bed. Which doesn't explain the reason for it 20 years later!
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hey all, quick check in as I have to drop my DS to his school and then pick DD up. Hope everyone has a good tuesday. Im half way through mine by the time most of you are getting up! I was just thinking that no matter who you are and where you are we are all plagued by it. Rusty, glad you got there safely. Enjoy.
          Glass half empty - seems like a very common story I am hearing being parents let alone a single parent.
          Better get going. Hello to everyone else.

MinStar

Comment

Aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

Last week my friend spent 3 days crying at work here. Must be my week to deal with shit.

Rant over.
            Happy Tuesday
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Where the heck is the F***K it thread :cuss:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora - sorry you're having a bad work week. You can always add your F**k it comments here......

Comment

Hi all,
                  Oh no Nora! Sorry things are bad at work. Maybe you will find some more purses with goodies in them. Hugs to you....Min, I remember having to drive my kids all over. I am a single parent and it was drive drive drive all the time. ...Liz, I see the storm on tv. Stay warm!....Rusty, glad you made it ok....waving to Glassie and Paulie!....went to Lowes today and got some seeds for the garden. Maybe I can get some of them started indoors. Bought a snare drum from dd2s friend. Like I really need another one. Oh well, its better than collecting empties huh?...b

Comment

Nora, sorry about the bad week at work! LEss than 2 years for retirement yet? Feel free to vent hear. I wouldnot mind knowing what's going on. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], congrats on winning the meat! I am definitely a carnivor! Sorry Nora and Minstar. Like. Nora, I like a good no more drinking story too. I'm glad you're still friends. [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] my son is living in London now. He has been there since July and loves it. He works in Winnersh. Don't know if you've heard of it.
                    We will be going to visit him in May:applouse:
                    Snow day here today, really not too bad. Erin had no school today, so no Logan for us. I slept until 9 am again! Hubby woke me up in the middle of a wonderful dream! Managed to go food shopping. Put together care packages for CJ and Joe and one for Mark. [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] my son's one gripe with England is, no peanut butter. It costs me a small fortune to send it over, but it's what mama does..
                    Glassie, Bird, Pauly hope all is well by you guys!
                    Have a great AF Tuesday night!
                    Last edited by Lizann; February 12, 2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Cross post Bird! What kinds of seeds did you buy? How exciting! Hubby planted eggplant seeds indoors last year and transplanted them later in the spring. We had so many eggplant! I cannot wait!

Comment

Oh exciting - thinking about planting. :yay: I have been craving some fresh summer veggies grilled on the barbecue. Oh Yum.

Thanks for all the support today. Just more of the same. My friend from work doesn't think she's going to make it until 62. She can collect at 60 because she is a widow and she is seriously considering it.

You did make me laugh, Bird, about finding more purses. I found a box of goodies in my closet this morning I didn't get a chance to go thru them yet to see what I stashed in there. No wonder I have a garage full of crap.
                        [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] - yes, we're all on different times here. I'm quite often spending Friday nights on here just typing to myself. Ha, ha.

Oh and the screen cracked on my phone today. Just to add to the joys. I ended up buying a new phone anyway so there.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I'm sure Minstar can tell you more about this. but I'm pretty sure there's no shortage of peanut butter in London:
                          Peanut butter or jam? 14 of the best peanut butters, tried and tested

So... after 6 years of working full time and spending every spare minute working on my research I'm finally trying to work out how to be normal again. I don't even know what people do in their spare time.

Comment

Oh Glassie. You get to breathe now.

You get to find fun and relaxation again. :heartbeat:
                            Last edited by NoraC; February 13, 2019, 09:02 AM.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Have a very happy morning, afternoon and evening everyone
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

GLassie thank you and I will send that too him. He says he can not find it at the grocery stores he frequents. He regularly goes to Paris and buys it when he is there. FYI that package cost us $84 to send:eek-new: of course we sent some other things along too. Just a little bit of home. I'm sure you will find things to fill your spare time.
                                Nora, I really don't know how you go to a job everyday that is so aggravating. Is there anything good about work?
                                Pauly, haven't heard from you in a bit. Hope you're doing ok! Spending a lot of time watching your grandsons? Erin stopped by my mom after work today and didn't pick Logan up until after 6! OMG, wild man. He is talking so much more these days and putting words together. It's so entertaining!
                                MInStar, how are you managing?
                                Rusty and Bird, hope everything is going ok with you.
                                Have a great sf night

Comment

Working...
                                X