Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Nothing like wet dog smell. :eek-new:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
      Glad the game is over with and I am so tired. Bad cravings all day but I made it.....Nora, I don't know anything about football either. I should as many games as I have been to but I only watch the end haha....Liz that was nice you got to reconnect with the relative..

Comment

Way to go Bird. You fought those cravings! Give yourself a treat.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,Winslow had wet dog smell after his rainy Saturday night walk and ugh,stinky dog and of course he goes straight to the small couch to dry himself off! I do love them smell of his paws tho, hubs thinks I'm weird haha Bird,I love,love that your daughter got to play half-time! At least there was something exciting about that show,she looked great sorry about the cravings yesterday I know Superbowl is a toughie and I joked to hubs you'd almost have to drink to get through that game,so boring,is the B12 helping at all? I read bee pollen helps,give it a Google,I was in some stuff Lav suggested last year for hormones but I think regular bee pollen would work,Liz,your team won! Hope you had a fun time, Rusty,hope all is bueno with you,Techie was good to see you wishes for a happy AF Monday even tho I have a touch of Mondayitis hope it passes!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
            Really tired today, up late waiting for dd2 to get in and then my SIL messaging me for awhile late. Glad to talk to her tho. Had counselor this morn and for the last time with her. I didn't tell her yet, sometimes it seems like she doesn't know that much about al, or at least doesn't know about the stuff I have learned in books and online. She cut it short today, said if I wasn't feeling well we could just end early. I said I was fine just tired, but then she said it again after a few minutes so I just let it go and we ended our session. I guess we were running out of stuff to talk about...Liz that would be great if Erin got preg! Glad the dress looked great. As for the groundhog, there is one at a park I go to. They have a ceremony every groundhog day...Paulie, I will look into the bee pollen.. I understand about Winslows paws. I like the way my cats smell. I also like to massage Brunos paws, he spreads his toes apart and loves it hahahaha..waves to Nora and Rusty and everyone, happy Monday

Comment

Bird, so excited about your daughter being the halftime show. That really was the best part! You must have had an inkling. I mean I never put it together but, well, that's me.
              Nora, are you still getting all that rain? I heard about it on the news.
              Pauly, yes my team won, but that was the most boring game ever! I pulled out my coloring book and gel pens. Really very anticlimactic.
              How was everyone's Monday? Both my girls didn't have great days, so of course I'm here worrying about every possible scenario. Definitely a trigger for me. I need to stop worrying and obsessing . CJ is having problems with her new boss and it could quite possibly be because CJ is white and from the main land. Plain and simple discrimination. Im literally sick with worry.
              Hope you're all having a great AF day!

Comment

Bird - so exciting about your daughter. We have watched several times. Such a cool thing for her. Did you end up taking a nap today? Sort of weird about your counselor. Maybe she had something to do?

Liz - I know what you mean about worrying about your girls. I have gotten better at letting it go and just see what happens. But, I still have times that I stress about Casey. It's hard when our babies aren't happy.
                I think that's rotten that CJ's manager is being prejudiced. Is she in danger of losing her job? Is there someone that she can complain to? I don't understand how people can be that way.

Pauly - you made me laugh with your line about the game being so boring you'd have to drink to get thru it.

Rusty - where are you this week? Still battling the snow? Be safe.

@Glass Half Empty - Big hugs to you friend. You are missed.

:checkin:to everyone that passes by. Hope today is a happy one.
                Last edited by NoraC; February 4, 2019, 09:10 PM.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Let me share about my day with you.............

I have probably mentioned that I have a very hard time using stairs. If I'm having a good day, then I can go up & down very slowly & carefully. On bad days I have to ask someone else to go upstairs for me.

Today I needed to go to the back offices and do some computer maintenance (not something I can pass on to someone else). The offices are upstairs in the machine shop. I climbed up slowly & carefully everything was fine. I was walking down the stairs and really concentrating on them. I got down to the last couple stairs and somehow missed a step and fell down the last step and sort of rolled and hit the wall. Scrambled to my knees grabbing my notebook & pencil. Can't get up. Had to crawl to the stairs & pull myself up. Stand up. Look around. Nobody is looking at me. I'm in front of Inspection where there is a big glass window. Some of the machinists can see where I was. I just stood up and started walking. LMAO I'll find out tomorrow that everyone is talking about it. :rotlf:
                  I did walk back into my office and announce that I had just fallen down the stairs. Ha ha

Then I went to the dentist for another crown. (And another huge chunk of $)

And then I came home and my husband stood across the room from me - picked up a piece of mail - and asked me what this was? I just looked at him like he was crazy. I said I don't have ESP or whatever power I would need to be able to see inside that envelope. Why don't you go ahead & open it. We both just laughed. But, he does that all the time!

I hope that everyone has a relaxing evening.

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh no Nora! Did you hurt anything? That could have been pretty bad Bird,got to thinking about the counselor and it's kind of weird behavior, I don't care if she was busy-thats supposed to be YOUR time, good thing you're done with her,there's always others if you ever wanna look into it again,Liz,yep that game was a snoozefest! Halftime was crap(except Birds daughter) and I love Maroon 5 but the song choices bleh,the singer acted like he didn't even want to be there and his gross tattoos at the end when he took his shirt off was yuck,just boring,maybe I just feel nobody could ever top Bruno Mars' performance a few years ago,that was spectacular Rusty,you must be busy,busy feels like we never see you anymore, hope all is well well off to start Tuesday,grrrr,toilet in my bathroom overflowed this morning, hope its not an omen of how the rest of the day will be! Much love and wishes for a happy AF day!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                      Gosh Nora, that fall, lucky you weren't hurt badly! Too bad you had to get another crown, I know they are so expensive....Paulie, hope your day goes well, I agree about the halftime and the whole game in general. It was probably better in person I am thinking......Liz, I worry about my kids too much. I am trying to figure out how to stop worrying so much. That is awful about CJs job! Well, I did find out about the superbowl after she made the audition, but she swore me to secrecy, they had been told they would get fired for telling anyone about the show. Not sure what that was about, a band, a drumline and a choir. Well....really spring like here. Guess I will work outside again. Ended my subscription with the counseling site. Maybe I will try something else, or just go along as usual with the wfs site and here, that seems pretty good to me...later

Comment

Helllooooooo!!!!!
                        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]:hug:OMG! that fall you took!! Geez, I had no idea that stairs were so hard for you! Are you in any pain? Are you having headaches? How scary...but good for you for making light of it if anyone comments at work.
                        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I can't believe your daughter kept her big secret about performing during the halftime show. Good job on dumping the counselor if you aren't getting the help you want or need.
                        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-I didn't know it seemed like I never post anymore. I am so sorry! I will try harder. Yup, most boring game ever and I was disappointed in the halftime show except for bird's daughter! I love Maroon 5, too. Oh yeah, gross when he took his shirt off. YUCK! Bummer about your toilet overflowing! LOVE your family pics on FB!
                        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]:hug:I know how worried you are about CJ, dear friend....please keep your AF body armor up so you don't cave into AL because of anxiety and worry. I feel so badly that she is encountering that discrimination. I actually was a victim of discrimination because I was white, too. A huge disappointment for me...I know where she is coming from and it is no picnic, BUT I know she will work it out and she will be fine. Rely on your faith, too....I know you are a woman of faith and it really does help.
                        [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I shall email you, sweetheart!

I am at work so I will just say HI to [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and anyone I missed, Happy AF Tuesday!! :-)

Comment

It does go both ways,remember when Brady was fired from that bakery for not speaking Spanish? That pissed me off cuz I honestly think they should have told him up front he needed to be bilingual, hubs has ran into it too in certain jobs he's had throughout the years

Comment

IMG-2849.jpg

Comment

BIrd, I love the picture!!! Man I wish I was there with you. It was beautiful here too!
                              RUsty, you have so much experience at work related issues? What would you recommend CJ do or is there anything she can do. She is documenting things and has asked her boss if there is a problem with her performance. CJ is asked to do her bosses responsibilities. Just as an example she told CJ she had to negotiate a contract with union reps. CJ is an HR assistant and has no knowledge of union policies. It's not in her job description, but in her bosses job description which they both have access to.
                              Nora, I am so sorry you fell! It doesn't sound like you got hurt, except for maybe your pride? I'm glad you can laugh at yourself!
                              Pauly, yeah, I guess discrimination can work both ways. I just hope this woman backs off.
                              I'm so tired and it's still early. It was such a nice day out. We took Logan for a walk and he thoroughly enjoyed it. He ran around the yard and well, got muddy! Erin and Logan stayed for dinner and we FaceTimed with CJ and Joe. Joe was so excited because Logan and now saying "Joe"! Sometimes it's just the little things. I tried to stayed focused on those today, but I was just emotional..

Comment

Big hugs Liz.

Loved the picture Bird.

Rusty & Pauly - big hugs and I'll catch up tomorrow. Time to get Mom to bed.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X