One Step at a Time - February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Good for you for knowing it was a thought and letting it pass, Liz.
    More tomorrow. I'm in bed heading to dreamland.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Friday,
      So it was 81 here yest. Bugs, lizards were out. Pinky caught a small snake. You know its hot when the snakes are out. In February! Rain coming, then back to normal. I was watching this Mark Twain thing last night. I was thinking that must have been something back in the wild west in those wagon trains and robbers on horses etc. Not that it isn't wild these days, plenty of armed robberies, but different. I bet those wagons were a rough ride. Dd2 of to N. Carolina for a philosophy conference. Should be an easier drive than last weekend unless she goes through Atlanta (highway from hell)...Liz glad those were just passing thoughts. Back later

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone,

I was supposed to be with a client today but I am a little under the weather. The client I was with for 3 days this week had sick kids and by yesterday, she had caught their virus, and I think I might have gotten a touch of it as well. Just laying low today. Off to Canada next week.
        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], WOW...good for you for letting those thoughts pass.:congratulatory: Nice restaurants were a trigger for me, too. I bet you look beautiful with curly hair.
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-sorry to hear about LB's Accident!:sad: Glad she is OK.
        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-what a bummer about your crown. Painful, a hassle, and expensive.
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-that was such a cute picture of you and your cat on FB!
        [MENTION=21990]actiongirl46[/MENTION]-Please pop in and let us know how you are doing.

I think I will rest a bit now. Happy AF Friday to all!

Comment

@Rusty, Your good attitude about travel really helps me - I think of you and how you handle it when I have to keep going places. I guess I am a homebody. I really like my "regular" life.
          [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Congratulations on depositing your thesis. I admire everyone who has the initiative to return to school. I'm not sure that if I hadn't done grades 1-22 :eeks: in a row, I might not have gotten them done. I hope your life slows down a bit so you can take care of YOU.

xx, NS
          Last edited by NoSugar; February 8, 2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

:welldone: [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]....Would everyone join me in a round of applause for Dr. Classy Glassy? Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray Well done on submitting your thesis, my lovely!

Ahhh...so nice to have time to post!
            [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-you are wayyy too complimentary of me. :love: I have not handled it well recently because I have arrived late at night, and then I've had to drive home in two blizzards...back to back weeks! UGH! I have "handled" traveling for 20 years and fortunately, I don't travel to Japan or Europe anymore. I am extremely sick of flying because I have to fly out of O'Hare Airport and you probably already know this, but they are re-doing the tram stops to the economy parking lot and the terminals. Soooo...this means they are blocking off part of the econ. lot which means I have to drive around for at least 15 minutes trying to find a space, and then I have to walk another 10 minutes in the below zero weather to catch a bus to my terminal. See, I told you I didn't handle it well. LOL. Thank you for letting me vent!!
            [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]- How was your visit with your son and his family? Was it relaxing? Wait..did I just ask that question when I KNOW you have too little grandsons? Hahah! [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-would you mind posting a link to the Three P's Thread? I would be so grateful.
            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I forgot to tell you...I had this nightmare last night that I was being attacked by a huge snake in the desert. I HATE snakes! I could never understand why someone would want one as a pet! GEEZ. I think I will watch the video of your daughter performing at the Super Bowl. It made me smile the last time.
            [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I am taking a mental health day today and it feels SO good! Maybe you are like I am...I have a hard time saying "no" to people...family, friends, clients. My dear friend and I were supposed to go out to dinner last night to celebrate our February birthdays and I just didn't feel well enough to drive a half hour in horrible weather to have dinner with her. I felt so badly calling her at the last minute and telling her I didn't feel well but I just was not up to it. Feeling overwhelmed and unable to fulfill all my commitments was a huge trigger for my drinking. It's funny how I thought I would accomplish so much more if I drank or that AL would give me the "courage" to live up to a crazy busy schedule when all AL did was rob me of precious hours and days.
            [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-how is LB feeling? Is she sore?
            [MENTION=21990]actiongirl46[/MENTION]-we would love to see you!
            Last edited by Rusty; February 8, 2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Hi, @Rusty. O'Hare is tough, isn't it?? I like to take the shuttle from where I live and get dropped off right where I need to be! The parking lots make me crazy.

Here's the link: https://www.mywayout.org/community/g...on-thread.html
              There are several really nice books on the topic, also, so please let me know if you're ever bored (which I doubt!!) and want some reading material :smile:.

We were blessed with 4 grandsons in under 4 years. I'm very grateful for them and for having straightened out my life before they came into it. The week with 2 of them was great - because of the Polar Vortex, everything was closed so we had lots of time together :heart:.

Have a great weekend, Steppers! xx
              Last edited by NoSugar; February 8, 2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

She's very sore Rusty she did go get checked out at the hospital, nothing broken and a mild concussion she's just mostly sad about her new car and that the insurance is gonna take some time to figure out what's going on,I chose to drink yesterday just cuz I couldn't get outta my head,just alot going on and yes I feel like shit today, barely pulled myself into the shower at 9,grrrrr,you guys honestly I don't know if I'll ever stop drinking, I make up my mind then I un-make it just as fast it seems,don't need/want any lectures this is what I chose to do,love you all.
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly :hug: Of course she is upset. I was at my moms today and driving back in town at an intersection I drive through probably daily, a portion of it was closed. It was right there and I had to drive right past it. There were a few police cars and a vehicle just past the crosswalk with the driver side door open. In front of that vehicle (a van) was a stark white blanket spread out on the pavement. I don't know what happened, but there wasn't an ambulance on the scene yet. I am assuming that the van hit someone in the cross walk and that person died. Officers were standing around the blanket taking notes. Holy cow, I could've thrown up right then and there. I just started to pray and then thanked God that whatever happened I had missed it. Point being, it could've been so much worse for LB, it's just a hunk of metal.
                  Rusty, I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm glad you took a mental health day. You're always so upbeat and positive and never complain. I'm glad you vented here. Thank you for your comment on my post about Lucy. It made me cry some. Thank you for always knowing just the right thing to say.
                  Bird, glad you enjoyed some outdoor time today, nature and all. I'm with Rusty, I can do without the snakes. N.C. Has got to be a pretty long drive from Atlanta. Is she going alone? I do remember how bad the traffic in Atlanta was. Are they doing anything yet about that? My husbands cousin and family just moved down into the area, don't know exactly where. They've got a ton of chickens and dogs.
                  NoSugar, 4 grandsons! We have trouble keeping up with the one right now! I am so grateful that our daughter trusts me with him. I will not jeopardize that.
                  Nora, hope your doing ok! Have you seen Savannah lately?
                  Glassie, hope some of the pressure is off now that the thesis is done.
                  Have a great Friday.
                  BTW SIL surgery went well. They don't know why the spleen kept getting larger, they thought perhaps lymphoma. That doesn't appear to be the case but they were afraid the spleen would rupture so they removed it.
                  Last edited by Lizann; February 8, 2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Quick check in for a few minutes. Hubby is still wanting to interact with me. :rotlf: Poor guy - he's alone all day, of course we wants to talk and all I want is peace & quiet.

So, I will be back as soon as I can. It was really nice to have so many posts - just sorry that LB had that accident, Pauly. I am sure she is so sore and so upset about her car.

nthego: I will be back.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Pauly I'm so sorry about the accident. I'm so glad she's Ok but it's still sad for her.

Rusty - thank you for your warm congratulations! Now we just have to wait and see if I've failed or not! Still much too early to be Dr Glassy - so best not to jinx me by calling me that yet!
                      Last edited by Glass Half Empty; February 9, 2019, 06:31 AM.
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good Morning!
                        [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-thank you for the link to the 3P's Thread. :love: I responded IMMEDIATELY after your post yesterday but I had to do a remote session with my IT guy through TeamViewer and he got online and into my laptop so fast that I hurriedly shut my MWO window because I did not want him to see it. Hence, my post was lost. I am so sorry! YES, please recommend some books on the 3 Ps. One of my goals for 2019 is to read helpful books and spend less time on the internet! 4 grandsons in under 4 years...how fun! So happy for you and that you can be fully present. Thank you for the idea on the shuttle service. I will see if we have one here.

Pauly:hug:I feel so badly for you and for LB. I so get how you just wanted to escape and numb yourself...you were really hurting on Thursday and I wish one of us could have flown to Vegas and given you a big hug!! We don't lecture here. You have done so much better in your sobriety so just keep at it. We'll be here for you. :-)
                        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-awww, Liz:heartbeat:you always say the sweetest things! I just saw the latest video of Logan....He doesn't walk....he RUNS....you can't take your eyes off of him for one second, can you? LOL. Wow, what a horrible thing to witness yesterday at the intersection! I would've thrown up, too, if I had seen a body in the street.
                        [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-OK, Glassie, I won't jinx you anymore. Thank you for popping in! I miss you.
                        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-how are you feeling after that terrible fall? Are you still sore? I get how you just want to be in peace when you get home from work and hubs wants and needs conversation.:hug: One of my dearest friends is a School District Administrator who works long hours and her husband had a stroke several years ago and is home alone during the day. She said he immediately jumps at her when she comes through the door at 5:30 PM and she just about punches him because she just needs a few minutes of quiet time. How is your Mom doing? I am hoping that J gets pregnant immediately once she and C start trying next month. ;-)
                        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-how was dd2's philosophy conference? Is that her major?

What is everyone up to this weekend? Today, I have housework and errands and then tonight, my family is taking me out to dinner to celebrate my 58th birthday, which is tomorrow. I am told I do not look like I am 58, and I act like I'm 12, so, there you go!! LOL. Tomorrow I have paperwork and then my newly sober friend may take me out for a meal if she doesn't have to babysit her granddaughter.

Happy AF Saturday to all!

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday! Slept in until 9! I don't ever do that! Told hubby it must've been the clean sheets:congratulatory: [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I thought you meant "checkers" with hubby when you said interact:eek-new: I remember when the kids were little and I was home with them all day I just wanted hubby to talk to me when he came home. I get it! How is your mom? [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], yes Logan runs! My mom had somethings she needed help with and she wanted me to bring Logan! Erin works right down the block so it all works out. He had a blast! Are you feeling better? Yeah, I should clean a bit here too! Hubby and I are repainting the living room the week after next. Why bother right, cleaning I mean.
                          What's everyone up to today? I think I convinced hubby to purchase said paint today. He is dragging his heels. I get it, it's no fun, but it needs to get done. I may look around for curtains, pictures and pillows for the living room too. It's so windy and cold out today, I don't want to leave the house. Tomorrow, mom is taking us all out to lunch for my nephews 21 birthday. It occurs to me that he is the youngest.
                          Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Comment

Hey gang! Can I join? Trying to get on as many threads as I can. Keep reading and keep my mind busy
                            MinStar was

Comment

Welcome, [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], absolutely join in and WELCOME! I have read a few of your posts on the other threads. Good for you for taking that first step in tackling AL. Where do you live? If you would rather not reveal that information, that is just fine! I am in the midwestern US, in Wisconsin, where it has been 39 degrees below Zero F. We have a combination of long-time sober people here and people with many months of sobriety and we love having new members. Please tell us about yourself and let us know how we can help you. This is a fantastic thread!!

Comment

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]-I read some of your posts on The Army Thread-great people here. I was a very moderate and social drinker for many years and then it just escalated, and like you, I drank to soothe my long-time anxiety problems. Baclofen helped immensely with anxiety. I am still on a low dose of 30 mgs. per day. I have been on it since 2010. In the long run, AL just adds to anxiety. Just so you know...I am on the Central time zone, so right now it is 10:21 AM Saturday. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] is in California, so it is 8:21 AM, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] is in Vegas so it is 9:21 AM and [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] is on the East Coast so it is 11:22 AM there now. Did I read that you are from the UK?

Comment

Working...
                                X