April Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

The house must look fabulous now [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Are you delighted? 1 more skip and your done?

Bridge, another big job, it will be worth the hassle.

Another confirmation today, its a long day.. The dinner took hours, but adults were drinking and didnt notice. The kids were bored out of their heads. Me too. Theres only so much fake interest you can do in a day with slightly drunk people who only talk about themselves. Im very cranky!

Night all, off to dream about Stirls and Tabbers :haha:
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening folks, Stirly girly ya made me blush a little, reckon it’s a lonnggg time since I have featured in anyone’s dreams I think, nightmares perhaps. Now as for those 10” watermelon pink boots...

Bridgeypoos, I love the straight talking no BS, and I know you speak the truth and it is appreciated.

JC lol as the kids say @ the atheist getting their reward in heaven. I have some ideas for your garden/slight pile of j*nk. Let’s start with that bed, if wooden then it will make a lovely flower/veg bed once the base is removed.

Yo x post Mary, that day late on starts to sounds painful. Sweet dreams haha.
      Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); April 6, 2019, 05:44 PM.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Sorry that you were bored Mary, know the feeling. One of the girls at work was leaving this week. Chose to go in for the lunch on Thursday rather than join them for the booze up Friday evening. Family stuff you can’t avoid, well done on getting through it.

Had a wonderful hike yesterday, food for the soul. Was tired after it but after 8 hours sleep feel refreshed and waking up unhungover is the icing on the cake. Never gets old.

Comment

Morning,
          If I ever, ever even mention doing anything else to this house we call home..........please commit me to the nearest funny farm or slap me silly. Just why did I think what a effing good idea it would be to take the base of the old bed this morning and shove it in the garage 'til we could get it taken far, far awayby the council. Its now in the back bedroom.
          We now need a new bath panel ( happened during on of the maneuvers trying to get it down the stairs)........ I need morphine for my back pain and we both need to realise we are not as young as we think we are.

Someone be a dear and put the kettle on.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....you are a love. Just what the doctor ordered. Our neighbour helped with the bed base so I stopped moaning, got on with it all and then we went and ordered a bedroom carpet.
              A teeny tiny chink of light being seen at the end of the refurb tunnel.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                Good morning everyone. Sorry that you were bored Mary, know the feeling. One of the girls at work was leaving this week. Chose to go in for the lunch on Thursday rather than join them for the booze up Friday evening. Family stuff you can’t avoid, well done on getting through it.

Had a wonderful hike yesterday, food for the soul. Was tired after it but after 8 hours sleep feel refreshed and waking up unhungover is the icing on the cake. Never gets old.
                Absolutely Rustop, it really does not. I got my run in this morning, sun shining, the sea in the distance. Made up for yesterday.
                I do the same on work night outs, if I know them well, I suggest lunch. If I dont, I dont bother.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....you are a love. Just what the doctor ordered. Our neighbour helped with the bed base so I stopped moaning, got on with it all and then we went and ordered a bedroom carpet.
                A teeny tiny chink of light being seen at the end of the refurb tunnel.
                Have you much left JC? You have actually made over the entire house???

Sticky toffee pudding was postponed until today and was not downgraded by the absence of treacle. Interesting cake to make, I used almost an entire packed of dates!

Comment

JC you do realise you & Mr JC are mad yes ?
                  You are going through months of stress & expense getting the renovations done on JC Mansions yes ?
                  I reckon by May you will have it all done - with any snags ironed out yes ?

Then what are you doing ?
                  Packing a small bag & going to the wilds of Scotland to a caravan ............. :nutso:
                  ( maybe not a caravan but makes my story better)

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............that looks bliss. Any money we have left over (about £14) will be spent on psychiatric help if we ever think this was a good idea.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........more or less. We do need a new bath panel and flooring for the kitchen & bathroom. I think that's it.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning,
                      Tree men have been and gone and its only 9:30 am. Had to come out as it was diseased but still rather sad. Plenty of wood left over for the BBQ though
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Interesting cake to make, I used almost an entire packed of dates!
                        Good natural laxative! :congratulatory:
                        Last edited by Guitarista; April 8, 2019, 05:21 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening all. Just in from work, horrible day weather wise so did not mind being inside. I always make sticky toffee pudding for my girls on Christmas Day. They would not eat Christmas pudding or trifle so it has now become a custom. All this talk of food is making me hungry, better go get something to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                            Good natural laxative! :congratulatory:
                            Ah.. penny drops, I should not have eaten so much!
                            Good idea [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].. can they actually eat it on Christmas day? Ive actually stopped baking at christmas!

Bit manky out there. The noisy ones are out on Monday evenings (2 hours) and its just us quite ones left. We love it and wave them off cheerily every monday as they rant and rave until the car door bangs shut :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]....have your lot broken up for the Easter hollingdays?

Plenty of logs and branches left for a good old bonfire and a bit of a party

Versaille still a good watch. Only two more episodes to go and that's the end forever

Not at work today so may just have a wander up the shops.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all. How did the shopping go JC? Buy anything nice? I’m crocheting a top and I may even wear it, it’s the first time I have either not given up or produced something you would not even give to the dog ��. Paid working week over, where is Starty, have no idea heard from her in a few days. Food and catch up in that order ....

Comment

Working...
                                X