Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Morning,
    Sleep fairy turned up for a whole 4 hours. But I've cleaned the bathroom, made tonight's tea, put the washing on. Might actually hang it on the line when it gets over the frost.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........I was training to be a facilitator at SMART but the place closed down. If I'm honest don't think I could have handled it especially with we had one frequent flyer that continually whinged, moaned and hogged every single meeting. The phrase 'shall we move on' was used many times when I wanted just to hit him with a stick.
    But its good in fact, very good and I wish there were more.
    I don't mind labels as long as I'm not labeled stupid. Naive may be a better word.
    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........you are sooooooooo right. Being sober brings much, much more.
    [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........had to look up The Dolomites.......its gorgeous. You lucky thing.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      Lovely reminder of the strength within us NS and Satz.
      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], no way I could cope with the kids/work etc if I was still drinking. The booze was like having 3 more kids, it was all consuming.
      I thought the benefits of being sober would mostly be around not having hangovers, dull skin and so on, but having a clear head, eventually, trumps everything.
      Isn't that the truth! Plotting,thinking,smuggling,sneaking off etc requires more work than having 10 extra kids! Plus when drinking I was sooooo tired EVERYTHING felt hard!
      Last edited by paulywogg; April 12, 2019, 08:16 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning/Afternoon Army!
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]:
        Plus when drinking I was sooooo tired EVERYTHING felt hard!
        This was true for me, too. Many times I drank to try and avoid doing tasks that I hated doing and I thought drinking would take the edge off. It did not! All it did was take my motivation away...and those tasks I was trying to avoid just got even harder because like you, I was tired.

Comment

Glad to see you back [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] and well done for recognising when you need more backup. Whatever it takes.

What is going on with your sleeping patterns [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? are you napping much during the day? Sending you over a few Irish Zzzzz, they work very well at the moment.

The Dolomites will be amazing [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]! breathing in the views without the mental ad break for booze. I think that's what sober time does, that ad break becomes less and less frequent and eventually, you get netflix and YOU are in control!
          Speaking of.. watching Offspring, season 7, its great.. which reminds me, where has [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] gotten to?
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Morning,
            Sleep fairy turned up for a whole 4 hours. But I've cleaned the bathroom, made tonight's tea, put the washing on. Might actually hang it on the line when it gets over the frost.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........I was training to be a facilitator at SMART but the place closed down. If I'm honest don't think I could have handled it especially with we had one frequent flyer that continually whinged, moaned and hogged every single meeting. The phrase 'shall we move on' was used many times when I wanted just to hit him with a stick.
            But its good in fact, very good and I wish there were more.
            I don't mind labels as long as I'm not labeled stupid. Naive may be a better word.
            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........you are sooooooooo right. Being sober brings much, much more.
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........had to look up The Dolomites.......its gorgeous. You lucky thing.
            I think there will always be wingers and moaners in recovery. I like the fact that it is discussion in real time which in turn makes it very accessible. My other thought was joining AA or NA but I think the ethos of smart seems to sit a bit better. Ultimately, it is like here for ongoing support but a bit more active. I did another meeting last night which was really useful as there were people in all different stages of recovery along with relapse and day to day life stuff. Seems very popular

Comment

Good morning everyone. Smart lady Starty, you are right to add the extra that you need, whatever it takes and you have the more time now to spend on yourself. Feet up today JC, you must have all the housework done from yesterday. Hope you had better nights sleep. I’m awake early again but had my 7 hours and did my 3 hour hike yesterday. Thanks Mary, Offspring being added to list, I have nearly finished Bodyguard. Nothing major planned for today. Going to relax here in bed for a while.

Comment

Evening,
                The day ran away again. The new bed base is here we now have two lovely huge boxes to add to our tip in the garden.
                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........I'm trying to limit my nanna naps. I've never been a good sleeper from birth. This too shall pass.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]......trouble is this lad turns up at AA (not that I've been for a while) and moans in them as well. Perhaps he should start an MA. A lot of the young 'un use NA & AA. Its doesn't matter how you get sober and stay sober we do need people around us that we can identify with. When I first joined MWO it amazed me that someone in the US or Australia could take the words right out of my mouth or have suffered (for want of a better word) the same thing as me. It helps to know we're not alone.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........my hike today was three times round the supermarket and once round Marks&Spencer.
                Last edited by JackieClaire; April 13, 2019, 02:35 PM.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION].....waves to you too. :hug:

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION].........waves to you too :hug:
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; April 13, 2019, 02:16 PM.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening, quick check in.
                    Off to the airport in a few hours, Im like you now [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. 1st trip abroad for eldest without us :sad: then middle is off on Tuesday, also abroad (not planned, friends parents asked last minute) :sad::sad:
                    On the plus side, we have a very quite day planned tomorrow and I cant wait.

Night all.

Comment

Oh God, just lost another post.
                      I think it said can't believe it's been a week bla bla bla.
                      I've got a new reclining lounge bal bla bla.

Tramping in the Dolomites sounds like a lovely wander though!

Funny I was only reflecting today that I could never have acheived as much as I did this week while drinkingrecoveringdrinkingrecoveringdrinkingrecove ring.

I was a member of SMART too Starty. I think their tools and their online meetings are amazing. I'm glad you are getting so much out of it.

I have a new deck going in in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to that. It will improve the views too.

I'm off to the garden until the rain comes this arvo.

Have a good one everyone.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all!

Totally agree Jax, so many ways to get sober and never one size fitting all. That lad has clearly not found his size yet :haha:

Love the sounds of your relaxing days. Mine have been quite mental for one reason or another lately. Wonder how I ever found time to work all week! Today is a walk with a friend, a few chores and I must wash my hair. Loathe doing that as it takes so long to make it habitable again.

Bridge, yes agree, how can we ever get anything done if we are constantly recovering and what a boring boring life that is. Our garden is a mess. There are holes dug by the dogs, a patio full of weeds that I just do not have the energy to deal with as they simply come back. I think either the patio needs to be taken up and relaid or taken up and grassed. Any ideas for clearing and keeping away weeds from stony spaces. I do not like to use weedkiller but may have to unless anyone can suggest a miracle

Comment

Good morning everyone. Taking the spring clean up in small steps Starty. One wheelbarrow a day off the lane. It is gravel so do a mixture of pulling and raking. All the bending kills my back otherwise and I’m nearly there. Don’t like spraying either and this cuts down on it. Patio is next, rent a power washer and blast the weeds. Enjoy the new deck Bridget. Garden is a lot of work but when the weather is nice I prefer to be outside. Hope you enjoyed your quiet house Mary. That’s how it is going to be, coming and going. I have to remind myself that eventually they will be gone for good and enjoy them while I have them.

Comment

Morning,
                            I slept a good sleep............haven't a clue why. Had a good auld sobbity sob sob about it and a few other things must have cleared some cobwebs.
                            Got Mr JC just where I like him in the bedroom.........decorating So I'm off up to the shops to look at curtains via M&S to look at shoes and buy a brown mascara.

This is what I'd like for the garden..............Farmer'''s Cottage Grande Deluxe Garden Summerhouse Pod at John Lewis & Partners

This is what we've got.........Hartwood 4' x 6' Overlap Apex Shed

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........had a horrible feeling you had fallen through the decking and didn't hear you shouting.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]........I take bits and pieces from all over......AA, NA (better coffee and biscuits), MWO. I'm actually thinking of trying the Living Sober website but I'm not sure.
                            There's plenty of non-poisonous weedkillers on-line but even then I'm a bit suspicious of them. Mr. JC suggested boiling water.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........its weird the first time they go away. Jenny & the S&H went skiing with the school at the same time and the house was sooooooooooo empty. It took us all of 20 minutes to get used to it.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]........like the idea of a power washer. The bloke next door's got one and he loves it.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon,
                              had a rubbish sleep (did you pass it back to me [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], I am a tad suspicious of your lovely sleep :eyes, didnt really sleep before we had to get up for the airport. Now I am just a bit cranky (in zero tolerance mode and the mobile phones got hit first :egad.
                              This tiredness was so common when I was drinking but I know this will pass.. Same as you [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], no idea how I managed to cope before. Well I didn't, which was the problem!
                              MrM is the garden man, he uses the power washer too, but does have to resort to Roundup from time to time.

Its a wild one out there today.

Comment

Just remembered my drinking dream.. I was planning to have 1 or 2 days off, then get back into it again (In my dream). Weird one.

Comment

Working...
                                X