April Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

What is the Living Sober website, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? Maybe we should all move there en masse? The number of members that logs in here each day continues to go down and the number who posts is only in about 2/3 of that. It is hard to imagine that MWO won’t at some point close down.

It would really be a shame to lose track of one another and I certainly would like to stay involved in a peer network. I prefer having people at all stages, though. I think we help ourselves when we help others so WIN-WIN! Is Sober Living like that? I know [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] participates on other sites. Maybe he could tell us which one is most like MWO (used to be).

Comment

Had a look at Living Sober but I couldnt see a forum, they had blog posts. Seems like a good resource but maybe not for day to day chat?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        . Any ideas for clearing and keeping away weeds from stony spaces. I do not like to use weedkiller but may have to unless anyone can suggest a miracle
        Was talking to my neighbour yesterday ....... Salt. Ordinary table salt. Just feck it on . All her weeds are gone Starts

Comment

And - Anyone feeling tired ...... Try Pharma Nord Q10 Gold with B2 are supposed to be AMAZING. To release energy properly from our food . They were recommended to me from a health food lady & when I went to the chemist to get them they were all raving about them.

Comment

Late check-in.
            Had to have a lie down in the dark after Line of Duty. :egad:

The Living Sober blog thing was the thing that made me wary. Somedays I can barely write a sentence that matters.
            I do have the AA Living Sober book...........Mr JC found it handy as well as me.

I'm using the Boots Sleepeze again. It gets me over the hump into a proper sleep. I only take one as two if I did...... I wouldn't wake up 'til a week next Tuesday.
            However, I shall now have to look see at that stuff, Satzuma.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You're right [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], I post on 3 other forums besides MWO.

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com but it is a huge site with thousands of active members. I only post on the 24 hour recovery connections thread, but I do lots of reading there. They have a sugar addiction thread that makes me think of you every time I see it. lol. I know [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] is also a member there, and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] came over to MWO from there. I'm sure some of the other members here have been there as well.

www.wqd.ryver.com is a different type of forum altogether. It's all about alcohol recovery, but it isn't thread based. It's more chatroom based, but you just start a new chatroom much like a thread. It used to be very similar to MWO and SR, but closed down to financial and administrative problems. A few of the members looked around and came up with the wqd.ryver site to keep everyone together. It's much like MWO, very few new members, and many of the old members have left for whatever reason. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] came over from there, so you'd have to ask her why the move.

As [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] mentioned on the Abs thread, Nursie had started a temp forum on proboards to keep everyone in touch till MWO was up and running. I'm not sure what happened to it. But just recently I've went to proboards and started putting another forum together.

What makes me wonder is why the people that join here don't stick around. Since March 1st, there have been 15 people join, and only [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION] is an active member. We also have a few long term members that come every day, but never post. Then we have members like [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] that come and go. We need to figure that problem out as well if we want MWO to succeed...
              Last edited by abcowboy; April 14, 2019, 07:12 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am also on Sober Recovery but not been there for a while. I used it a lot a few years ago as there were many folk there with opiate addictions that I could resonate with. I guess with newbies there is nowhere really active that is available to post. Most of the active threads are for established members who "know" each other. It must be very hard for a newbie to jump in. On Smart they have intro threads that are always answered plus 7,90, 100 and yearly threads that all seem quite easy and comfortable to jump in and again they are all monitored and a response is given. A few years ago, MWO was found easily and promoted I guess so it was in the forefront of search engines. As it is now a smallish site I guess it has lost that. It is very sad as the format and usability is excellent. Perhaps the lack of moderation a few years ago and all the drama scared people off. Not sure but if it could be revived it would be wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Was talking to my neighbour yesterday ....... Salt. Ordinary table salt. Just feck it on . All her weeds are gone Starts
                  "Just feck it on" :haha: love it

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the recommendations Satz. I must look at some of those sites, worry about MWO disappearing one of the days and having no back up. Lashing outside so debating if I will walk or not :thumbsup: anyway work day so I better get a move on.

Comment

Got to make this short and sweet as I'm having trouble with my internet and wanted to get a quick hello in and thank [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] for the links.
                      Be back later.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

If I was new and came here I'd feel like I didn't have a place tbh, nearly everyone is going on years sober which is awesome but most of our threads are just chatting about the weather,life, family etc,just seems to be no discussion of recovery and I think that's how the new people feel(just my opinion of course) have a great day all
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Perhaps every day we should tell how awful, unmanageable, life-threatening every day was for us, our spouse and our children. Its only over the last years of sobriety I've become honest with Mr JC, my adult children and a few real life friends how really bad.
                          The last of months of my drinking were packed with suicidal thoughts.........I had reached my bottom.
                          We don't have to drink on any urge, we don't have to drink on something we espy to be unmanageable.

With MWO I read the humdrum, the ordinariness of the day, the living sober.........I learnt that from some of the greats Doggygirl, Lav, KateH that living sober was possible.
                          Relasping members and new members ..........and I've greeted a few over the years and chased them down when they've buggered off but I can't physically pick the up put them in front of their lap-top and make them post.
                          Its called My Way Out for a reason and this is MY way out.
                          Ask me a question and you'll get the truth, ask me advice and I'll try my best. I put my sobriety first, second and third and believe me my family are delighted.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; April 15, 2019, 01:27 PM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Betcha glad my internet is back. :harhar:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I took a look at SoberRecovery, @abcowboy. Thanks for all the information. And what is this about?
                              But just recently I've went to proboards and started putting another forum together.

SR is huge and busy but I kind of like it - it reminds me of what MWO was like when I first joined (although even bigger). I didn't open most MWO threads back in those days - there were so many (and I thought the ARMY was for enlisted people :harhar. It would be possible to make SR "smaller" with dedicated threads.

So, here's the deal - if we ever wake up one morning to find MWO gone, I'll start a thread on SR called "MWO" and would be happy to have any of you join me :smile:.

@starty, I used this on rocks, cement cracks, along fences where I don't mind killing grass, etc.: 1 gallon white vinegar, 2 cups Epsom salts, 1/4 cup Dawn dishwashing detergent. Mix it up, put in in a container with a pump (or spray bottle for small areas). It works and dogs are not interested in the least.
                              Last edited by NoSugar; April 15, 2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                                So, here's the deal - if we ever wake up one morning to find MWO gone, I'll start a thread on SR called "MWO" and would be happy to have any of you join me :smile:.
                                I like a plan. Good one NS. Rustop, this is the backup :happy2:
                                As much as I dont like the idea or effort of change, I agree with all the good points made here today, especially what you said [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], it must be very daunting for new people, we all need to connect with someone.

I was sick posting on day 1. I was afraid of failing and succeeding in equal measures. Success meant that I would never drink again and that was too much for my brain to handle.
                                Then there was the guilt of letting people here down and then the fear of anyone I knew finding out my secrets, now that I posted them on the interweb!

Its a big step.
                                Last edited by IamMary; April 15, 2019, 04:15 PM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X