Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    Sorry loves. Just having an attack of the emotions. As one does. I will return to bitchfacemode ASAP.
    Better out than in.

I remember my first sober laugh.............would you believe Meet the Fockers.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Better out than in.

I remember my first sober laugh.............would you believe Meet the Fockers.
      Yes I can belive that. It was hilarious. No idea why tonight is so difficult so off I fuck to bed!
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yes I can belive that. It was hilarious. No idea why tonight is so difficult so off I fuck to bed!
        It is funny.

I could make it worse and sing you a lullaby.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Howdy troopers, sorry been a bit MIA.

Went on a tour de forty around the UK visiting family, coinciding with the birth of my second niece, then back to school, then easter. my mind and body don't know whether to chill or to get into work mode.

how are we all? not read back yet. big waves, hope yis are all excellent

Comment

Evening all, visitors gone (yay).
            When are you back to work RC?? Chill chill chill :happy2:

Reading and watching talks about Narcissists (Friend having difficulty with mother in law, so we're reading up). Fascinating. Social media not helping.

Delighted you got the invite [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], nice to have the card there to smile at.

Morning Bridge, its a new day:flowers:
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
              Evening all, visitors gone (yay).
              When are you back to work RC?? Chill chill chill :happy2:
              Today

Actually it's fine. As much as I like the days off and lack of routine... i think i work better with routine. Or need it.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Off for a paddle in the pool.

Comment

Morning,
                [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]............Uncle Arsey x 2 now.
                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............I hadn't realised YS had moved out already........will give him some much needed thinking time.
                [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]......how are you feeling today..........are you Australian again??

Got a very quiet house today.........all visitors went home. Love them to bits but we do like our own routine. Which in my case means ironing and sitting on the settee with the dog.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Congratulations RC. Yea routine is good, will pass on the ironing though.

Taking today off paid work so having a nice break. Nothing planned, just pootling. Not as nice today but still pleasant. Walk done and now sitting on couch with dogs.

Comment

Morning,
                    Where are all the dirty stop outs???
                    Got bitten a couple of times at the weekend by some evil teeny beings that lurk in the garden. Took some of that anti-itching stuff as I wanted to scratch my skin off.........when it says on the packet 'can make you drowsy'............it does and it makes you thirsty.
                    Final appointment for the ear trumpets and the big final payment :egad: Will miss my new BFF.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning.
                      Good luck with the trumpet Jackser !!!
                      s-l1600.jpg

YS is back in my mother's house. Mr S says "he'll just drink all day every day" .... and gives me a scathing look.
                      I say yes he will - and he'll miss us putting some normality in his life and propping him up..... making him food, asking where he has been. Harassing him when he's drinking etc etc. He is genuinely alone now ...

Am I right to do this ?

Comment

That made me crack a tear. Not easy for an Australian woman, I'll have you know.
                        You people are perfect.

Aww Biddie Jones ... yer big softie !!!
                        Are Australian women known to be tough ?

Jackser's belated card & gift are a work in progress :hyper:

Comment

Afternoon all. Ahh thanks Bridget, very special bunch here in the army. Really don’t know what to say Satz, you both have done everything in your power to help him, damed if you do and damed if you don’t. Ultimately it is up to him to help himself, Self care is important too and you also have to take care of yourself.

Very productive morning here. Some power washing and some window cleaning. Off to cinema and for something to eat with friends for one of their birthdays this evening.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], like our Rustletops says you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.............but here's my take........we're not getting any younger............look back to when we were his age. We were mortaged up to our ears, car payments, juggling work, juggling kids, partners/husbands, our own demons on and fecking on...........in short he needs to join the grown-ups. IMHO you did the right thing.
                            I will listen to my children, I will help my children, I love my but I'll be blowed if they ever want to live here again. Its our time to put our feet up........our time to unleash the hippie inside us. We may dislike them sometimes but we'll always love them.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nice surprise of the day..........I paid for the ear trumpets back in March. It was just to get my points on my Boots card and I don't need to go back 'til October
                              In all honesty, you just don't feel them, you can't see them unless you're looking and I've got them for the next five years until the actual units need replacing. The hearing can just be adjusted in the meantime by the computer if my hearing loss gets worse.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], my hope is that I would have the strength to do what you are doing. It must be so hard, especially if your husband isn’t fully supportive:hug:.

Comment

Working...
                                X